MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

At the moment, the vehicle tracking feature is disabled. I cannot speak for whether or not it will be re-enabled once the rollout occurs.

Do you mean the locating items to the vehicle? Isn't that pretty much the whole point of the rollout?

I'll be interested to see how the DC inventory gets handled. Most of our research problems are from DC issues. We're still missing repacks the DC says we got on a truck and getting black repacks with web only items. At least one for every full pallet of web only. Target will have to be tight on their operations and logistics if Shipt stands a chance of working out.

I'll be interested to see how the DC inventory gets handled. Most of our research problems are from DC issues. We're still missing repacks the DC says we got on a truck and getting black repacks with web only items. At least one for every full pallet of web only. Target will have to be tight on their operations and logistics if Shipt stands a chance of working out.
Inventory is basically the same as the stores. And your repacks probably got loaded on the wrong trailer.

Target needs to operate it's DCs more like UPS or FedEx. If either of those 2 companies sent out as many mispicks as our DCs did, they would be out of business.

I'm pretty sure I still had item search today. That's disappointing that it's going away, because it's still the only reliable way to see if an item has negative on-hands (useful info for flexible fulfillment).
The myWork app on the Zebra doesn’t show negative on-hands? If it’s -1 on the PDA, would it show 0 on the Zebra? I haven’t seen a negative on-hand since June of 2017.

I've never seen a negative OH on a zebra. But I haven't done any comparisons to PDAs. How does an item get a negative OH? Would that be if I can see 3 of something on a shelf but there are none OH and one of those three things sells--would that show -1 OH?

The myWork app on the Zebra doesn’t show negative on-hands? If it’s -1 on the PDA, would it show 0 on the Zebra? I haven’t seen a negative on-hand since June of 2017.
I've seen it happen exactly once in myWork out of the dozens of times I've seen it in Item Search.

I've never seen a negative OH on a zebra. But I haven't done any comparisons to PDAs. How does an item get a negative OH? Would that be if I can see 3 of something on a shelf but there are none OH and one of those three things sells--would that show -1 OH?
The most common way is when we get an SFS or OPU order, but a guest in the store buys it before we pick the order. When the order hits your store, it subtracts from the OH count immediately. If a guest then buys the last of it before you pick it, the OH count will go negative.

I've seen it happen exactly once in myWork out of the dozens of times I've seen it in Item Search.

The most common way is when we get an SFS or OPU order, but a guest in the store buys it before we pick the order. When the order hits your store, it subtracts from the OH count immediately. If a guest then buys the last of it before you pick it, the OH count will go negative.

Funny thing today, my team got a -1 on hand on the myWork.

Funny thing today, my team got a -1 on hand on the myWork.
I've seen people on here say they see it all the time, but I don't know why that isn't the case at my store. What I do is if I can't find something, I check myWork. If it shows zero OH and last sold today (or the afternoon before), that's my hint to check item search. And 9 times out of 10 it will show negative OH in there.

I've seen people on here say they see it all the time, but I don't know why that isn't the case at my store. What I do is if I can't find something, I check myWork. If it shows zero OH and last sold today (or the afternoon before), that's my hint to check item search. And 9 times out of 10 it will show negative OH in there.
I’ll keep that in mind when I see 0 for on-hand count. Thanks

Umm...anyone got an explanation for this?

There's a new Google home launch today. The app could only be downloaded to the mycheckout devices. Honestly whoever set this up did a real shitty job. ETLs didn't even find out about it until yesterday. Since you have that I'm assuming you're supposed to be having a TM do a demo today and tomorrow.

My store has 2 Mycheckouts and I've never seen anyone use them to check anyone out, even during Q4. I did get permission to use one as a regular Zebra when the rest were taken, though.

We use them everyday. Personally I've never picked one up. Thats on my list of to. Things to do.

We completed 5 transactions on our mycheckout devices before I left at 4pm today. We got a third one at our store because we average about 13 a day. It's super easy and the guests love it. Especially because there is no cost for shipping.

Umm...anyone got an explanation for this?

err...swipe...right? you are on page 3 of a 3 page home screen.

Our store does not use them all that much but I always have the one for my area with me simply because #1 its always there because no one else will touch it, and #2 I am one of the ones more likely to suggest ordering on target.com and I don't need to hunt it down. Also I know the entire troubleshoot checklist for it so if something does happen that needs it to be sent out I will get it done by the gstl stat.

There's a new Google home launch today. The app could only be downloaded to the mycheckout devices. Honestly whoever set this up did a real shitty job. ETLs didn't even find out about it until yesterday. Since you have that I'm assuming you're supposed to be having a TM do a demo today and tomorrow.

Well most of the Zebra's at my store had the google home icon on them. And shitty the person is.. She cleaned her desk and found three devices in the trash.. I would hate to see her house.

"Google home" is a Gapps and has always been in the OS. It houses the interfaces for talking and configuring google products. It was probably just an accident that it was left visable in a recent update as I doubt we have any use for it. It would not be used for us to demo floor displays for anyone.

"Google home" is a Gapps and has always been in the OS. It houses the interfaces for talking and configuring google products. It was probably just an accident that it was left visable in a recent update as I doubt we have any use for it. It would not be used for us to demo floor displays for anyone.

No it's definitely needed for the google home demos.

Except that the live google home displays are not online, just pre recorded displays?

Not the displays. I'm talking about the demos (demonstrations) where a TM is physically present to show the guest how to operate a google home/show off its perks etc. You need to connect the google home to the google app on the mydevice to set it up.

err...swipe...right? you are on page 3 of a 3 page home screen.

Our store does not use them all that much but I always have the one for my area with me simply because #1 its always there because no one else will touch it, and #2 I am one of the ones more likely to suggest ordering on target.com and I don't need to hunt it down. Also I know the entire troubleshoot checklist for it so if something does happen that needs it to be sent out I will get it done by the gstl stat.

I was referring to the Google Home app that recently popped up on our Zebras (which is in the screenshot). I was puzzled by it since it's an app to control smart home devices; doesn't seem like anything a Target TM would use.

Back