MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

@Amanda Cantwell Is the ESIM stickers properly printing out for you at Guest Service? Defects from Guest Service or the PDA show ESIM instead of the category on the sticker.
The zebra defects show the ESIM catagory on the sticker but I’d rather not use the zebra to defect until the fake printing issue is fixed. It’ll print out the defect label for every other item or sometimes it prints toss (when override to toss is selected) instead of FL.

@Amanda Cantwell Is the ESIM stickers properly printing out for you at Guest Service? Defects from Guest Service or the PDA show ESIM instead of the category on the sticker.
The zebra defects show the ESIM catagory on the sticker but I’d rather not use the zebra to defect until the fake printing issue is fixed. It’ll print out the defect label for every other item or sometimes it prints toss (when override to toss is selected) instead of FL.
I’ll try tomorrow when I’m in

I do know ECycle shows as ESIM on POS, something I reported but nothing ever came of it

I might've misspoke a little, once a store moves price change into myWork two, you cannot print clearance and rewrap outside of a transaction. You also won't be able to close and print boxes.
Defecting isn't strictly mentioned so it probably won't go away as new pos won't be in guest services for a while.

is there a way to verify the contents of CRC or is it kinda just something stores will have to keep up with themselves? i don't want CRC shortage to go up if we don't have a list of what's supposed to be in there anymore

Until new pos makes it to guest services, I don't think there will be an automated way. But I don't really work with POS so it's possible I'm misinformed.

ah, that's a shame. i heard service desk is out of scope for new POS for at least a few months

A longer that that I'd say they have just started the first line of code for returns last week

my store is going live with new POS next week and all i can say is that i'm NOT looking forward to this at all

i feel like there's more shit that doesn't work than does

PDA defects are going away shortly. POS will as well. (already has for some stores). I would recommend using myWork.
Do you know if ESIM sort rollout will be happening after or before termination of PDA defects? My store likes to defect as we sort and from what I’ve seen on workbench, we can’t “toggle” between defect and ESIM sort on MyWork 2.0.
I hope the fake printing when defecting with MyWork 2.0 is fixed before PDA defect mode is terminated.

I might've misspoke a little, once a store moves price change into myWork two, you cannot print clearance and rewrap outside of a transaction. You also won't be able to close and print boxes.
Defecting isn't strictly mentioned so it probably won't go away as new pos won't be in guest services for a while.
So typing in a DPCI in sort stuff will no longer generate a rewrap if needed? That sucks.

It would be ok if POS and mywork didn’t require a printer reboot to switch between the two, but as it stands, a 3 minute wait for a rewrap then another 3 minutes to get the printer back to normal won’t fly at my store. I assume though that wasn’t a consideration because why would POS devs think about the stores!?

Absolutely annoyed to have to login, again, to go from Mywork to move and, again, to Audit. Not worth the time it takes to fix on-hands or capacities if I have to login twice for each change. Log in, change capacity in My work, log in to Audit, change on-hand, log back in to My work, rinse and repeat.
Just open all your apps when your first log in....? I always close out all of my apps, log in, and then open all the ones I’ll use or might use. The old annoyance I have is the 8 hour thing but that’s going to 9 as someone earlier mentioned

Honestly I don't have an opinion. I've used it barely to make mock transactions and it seems to good, but of course that isn't a stores environment with the hundreds of other transactions happening throughout the day.

i'm glad that they're not pushing it to all checklanes POS at once, though. but the list of features that are still "in development" is staggering

Update soon. Still old pos
Finally! Do you know if there’s a max amount of devices allowed to be connected to a printer? Say 4 register and then a couple TMs come up to defect some things and use GS printer. Any potential issues?

Finally! Do you know if there’s a max amount of devices allowed to be connected to a printer? Say 4 register and then a couple TMs come up to defect some things and use GS printer. Any potential issues?
I don't think so as my store will have multiple flex tms connected to one printer

ZPL* setting is supposedly less strict than EZPrint. You would think it would work for multiple registers and multiple zebras for one printer.

I don't think you ever "connect" to a printer. You can type random numbers below 40 and it will "connect" to them. I think it just sends a request somewhere and it adds to a queue.

I don't think you ever "connect" to a printer. You can type random numbers below 40 and it will "connect" to them. I think it just sends a request somewhere and it adds to a queue.
At least on POS it’ll say “printer offline” if it’s not connected so it’s connecting somehow

That actually makes sense. It’s definitely a network thing since the printers are all connected to tvwireless. I didn’t really think about that.

How many shareholders uh, need to use less air so this doggonit error or the Zebra dropping the wifi at random times get fixed? Because yikes is it getting worse.

yes this happens at my store. tbh from a GS perspective I hope it stays like that as it would be easier to train newbies

Back