MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Honestly idk about others but to me the 9h isn’t as important as being able to open apps mid shift without signing in

The 9 hours is far more important to me. 8 hours always hits when I'm in the middle of something important. It also tend to stop the scanner from working so I have to reboot. Just let me finish my last OPU and/or check the stats at the end of my shift easily.

The 9 hours is far more important to me. 8 hours always hits when I'm in the middle of something important. It also tend to stop the scanner from working so I have to reboot. Just let me finish my last OPU and/or check the stats at the end of my shift easily.
Sign out when you go to lunch and sign back in when you come off?

Sign out when you go to lunch and sign back in when you come off?
Have you tried this? I'm asking because I've tried signing off at my 6th hour then immediately sign back in and it still signs me out right before my 8th hour. IMO I think it is based upon your work schedule on Kronos. Correct me if I'm wrong. It knows when you are supposed to be clocking out for the day. Well that's the conclusion I've come up with as to why it closes on you at a certain time of your work day.

Have you tried this? I'm asking because I've tried signing off at my 6th hour then immediately sign back in and it still signs me out right before my 8th hour. IMO I think it is based upon your work schedule on Kronos. Correct me if I'm wrong. It knows when you are supposed to be clocking out for the day. Well that's the conclusion I've come up with as to why it closes on you at a certain time of your work day.
Definitely not. It’s just the 8 hour thing. No way your schedule would be tied to the device log in. I come in earlier and later all the time than what mytime specifies and it always lasts the 8 hours

I do it if I don’t end up forgetting to. That way I don’t have to worry about scanning in the last bit of Pack&Ship stuff and it signing out in the middle of a scan 🙄

I'd need a firmware version and/or printer hostname to investigate further

EDIT:
I'm also being told that if a printer is on ZPL (NO STAR) the advanced button will not work. (Zebra Design)
I'm also being told that sometimes when you print from myDevice, depending on the app used it might change some settings for that print but retain them going forward, so the quickest fix should be switch to a different role and back to ZPL*.
But re configuring should fix it so i'll keep digging.
I don’t work till next week but will get you firmware then.

It’s very frustrating.

I'd need a firmware version and/or printer hostname to investigate further

EDIT:
I'm also being told that if a printer is on ZPL (NO STAR) the advanced button will not work. (Zebra Design)
I'm also being told that sometimes when you print from myDevice, depending on the app used it might change some settings for that print but retain them going forward, so the quickest fix should be switch to a different role and back to ZPL*.
But re configuring should fix it so i'll keep digging.
Switching roles and back fixed the problem on the couple of printers I attempted with, at least initially. Printing a ticket using My work 2.0 broke it again after a single ticket. Printing from Price Change also made it stop advancing labels. I can send hostname and FW if you'd like

Not completely related to this thread but I don't want to start a brand new one. If we are getting an item from the back for a guest, what is the proper way to do it? Nobody taught me but once I've found it at a backroom location, I tap Take or whatever it is next to the locations on the Zebra, scan the backroom location, and enter how many I'm taking. Is this correct or should I be doing something else?

Not completely related to this thread but I don't want to start a brand new one. If we are getting an item from the back for a guest, what is the proper way to do it? Nobody taught me but once I've found it at a backroom location, I tap Take or whatever it is next to the locations on the Zebra, scan the backroom location, and enter how many I'm taking. Is this correct or should I be doing something else?
That is correct

That’s correct! Just remember if you’re opening a case to take an item, remove the whole case and re-backstock eaches into a waco

What would cause an item with a capacity of 1 to drop in the auto fill when extra is back stocked? Recently, we were told to locate bras and once we did, they all dropped into auto fill after. This happens in shoes often, as well.

We have had the new POS at GS since end of March. Sort stuff is gone, its now print labels. It sucks. I've had to use myDevices for everything. On top of that, clicking defect when doing a return will not print the sticker.

Empty package is gone, it is a binder now (at least that is how my store is doing it).

There is a HUGE issue however. Every single RFID item now asks if it has an RFID tag when returning. Ok, no big deal. Here is the issue, now that the register and myDevices use ZPL*, we have to print a barcode from the PDA in EZPrint so the RFID app will read it. It is so annoying. There are so many bugs in the POS update but I have gotten used to it.

@taytay @mobilelady can you please pass along this RFID bug. It is so annoying. Also please pass along the Audit app opens at random times and breaks the scanner. So annoying.

What would cause an item with a capacity of 1 to drop in the auto fill when extra is back stocked? Recently, we were told to locate bras and once we did, they all dropped into auto fill after. This happens in shoes often, as well.
You need to audit it AFTER you’re done backstocking. Otherwise, the system thinks you’ve backstocked what was needed on the floor and it’ll drop it into the autos

Definitely not. It’s just the 8 hour thing. No way your schedule would be tied to the device log in. I come in earlier and later all the time than what mytime specifies and it always lasts the 8 hours
We're not that clever. When you login, gatekeeper defers to ID2 (ping is dead, hooray), ID2 forces expiration after 8h (they are changing it to 9 at some point, not sure when, I'll check). If you logout, gatekeeper discards your session and tells id2 you are out. But if you log back in, it's possible id2 gives you back the same 'session' that is going to expire 8h from when you first logged in. We could run some tests to try n see what is actually happening there if that's interesting to anyone. You probably could faster than I could :)

Back