MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I wish they’d change the way they handled drastic counts because so many people forget to accept them or just don’t know about them. They should either have a screen that pops up and says “are you sure you want to change 999-99-9999 from 11 to 0?” “Hit yes to accept drastic count” or just make is a separate task list under the department task lists. So dumb that’s it’s hidden in the department tasks

I wish they’d change the way they handled drastic counts because so many people forget to accept them or just don’t know about them. They should either have a screen that pops up and says “are you sure you want to change 999-99-9999 from 11 to 0?” “Hit yes to accept drastic count” or just make is a separate task list under the department task lists. So dumb that’s it’s hidden in the department tasks
ya know what would be an easy fix for this: a dedicated team of people to take care of such things through out the entire store. And we could call that team: Instocks

ya know what would be an easy fix for this: a dedicated team of people to take care of such things through out the entire store. And we could call that team: Instocks
I totally agree but they would still have to accept their drastics... I have tentired TMs still forgetting because it’s hidden

I totally agree but they would still have to accept their drastics... I have tentired TMs still forgetting because it’s hidden
I was responsible for printing and working the Drastic Change Count Report when I was Instocks. If you did it everyday as routine, you would have no more than 3 items a day to check out. Except for the weeks leading up to Black Friday when door Buster's would come in but be stowed unlocated in steel. It was pretty easy to figure out what they were based on the large number of on hands and delivery date. I always make it a point now to look for the Drastic Change alert when I enter a quantity and once I am done my audits, double check the drastic change page to make sure I got them all. Most of the new people don't know how to even audit correctly and have no idea about drastics.

Those were the days.
Those were the days we got written up for not finishing instocks tasks by 11, the zone was (still is) terrible hindering our accuracy, we had to pull and push the huge batches created from instocks, and backstock all the overpush. Oh yeah fun times

I have a question about printers - the one at GS that does the defects will only print every other sticker. One the one it isn't printing, it sounds like it wants to, but nothing spits out.

All that is good. I don't think it lines up the sticker well. It seems to cut off the last line or so of the barcode it prints. Is there a sensor to clean or anything?
Make sure on the roll that the black bar is at the beginning of the sticker (this side comes out first) and not the end of the sticker (this sides comes out last). The stickers does still work but it’ll cut off of the label.
It could be possible the printer is set incorrectly on its alignments as we've seen most of the time if it's not 0 0 on ZPL* the printer misbehaves.
It's also possible it's on an older firmware. I'm trying to do scans of all printers to see which ones need remote upgrades.
Is there a way to force a firmware update on our end? My store seems to have a couple printers that have that issue.

It could be possible the printer is set incorrectly on its alignments as we've seen most of the time if it's not 0 0 on ZPL* the printer misbehaves.
It's also possible it's on an older firmware. I'm trying to do scans of all printers to see which ones need remote upgrades.

How would I know if it is 0 0 on ZPL*? I know I have seen ZPL* on the screen and all but one GS register will print to it. How do you know if it is older firmware or if it is up to date? Is there someone in the store who is supposed to do these scans?

How would I know if it is 0 0 on ZPL*? I know I have seen ZPL* on the screen and all but one GS register will print to it. How do you know if it is older firmware or if it is up to date? Is there someone in the store who is supposed to do these scans?
did you make sure said GS computer is properly linked to the printer in print labels? sometimes reboots clear it for some reason

could we get some firmware that fixes the advance label button?

This is a weird one still, because I've used multiple printers at HQ and stores and cannot replicate this
Can you send commands to printers?

! U1 ON-FEED FEED

This should make the feed button work. It's probably acting like

! U1 ON-FEED IGNORE

In conclusion, ditch ZPL and PDF. CPCL is best.

All that is good. I don't think it lines up the sticker well. It seems to cut off the last line or so of the barcode it prints. Is there a sensor to clean or anything?
there is a chance that the stickers are for the the previous printers we were using. We've still have a few rolls that pop up every so often.

Speaking of printers.....can anyone walk me through the process of reprinting a barcode label for the printer itself? My dedicated printer is getting a bit rough and the knowledge of how to reprint it is apparently lost at my store. I'm not wanting to just grab another printer because mine actually works reliably.

Speaking of printers.....can anyone walk me through the process of reprinting a barcode label for the printer itself? My dedicated printer is getting a bit rough and the knowledge of how to reprint it is apparently lost at my store. I'm not wanting to just grab another printer because mine actually works reliably.
On the home screen, hit the button for more, then there should be a reprint ID label barcode. Make sure the labels in the printer are long enough— flex labels work well.

@taytay was price match updated this past week to fix the scanner bug (it was one of the apps that broke the scanner IIRC)? It looks a little different too.

It has a bug though. It only pulls T.com stock. So if there’s an in store only item we want to price match, to say, amazon, the app is no help. It throws an “item not found” error.

@taytay was price match updated this past week to fix the scanner bug (it was one of the apps that broke the scanner IIRC)? It looks a little different too.

It has a bug though. It only pulls T.com stock. So if there’s an in store only item we want to price match, to say, amazon, the app is no help. It throws an “item not found” error.
I've always had that bug where like 50% of items aren't found in price match. If I made it I would just pull the prices from Google Shopping, since its able to differentiate between third party or not.

I've always had that bug where like 50% of items aren't found in price match. If I made it I would just pull the prices from Google Shopping, since its able to differentiate between third party or not.
It just needs to search mywork, and pull t.com info *if available* @taytay

Can you send commands to printers?

! U1 ON-FEED FEED

This should make the feed button work. It's probably acting like

! U1 ON-FEED IGNORE

In conclusion, ditch ZPL and PDF. CPCL is best.
Taytay manually set one of our printers to do this and it did not fix the issue. It works fine *until* you print something with POS/mydevice.

Taytay manually set one of our printers to do this and it did not fix the issue. It works fine *until* you print something with POS/mydevice.
So than the printing service is setting the ON-FEED option back to IGNORE. I don't know if it being in JOURNAL mode automatically sets the ON-FEED to IGNORE, because JOURNAL mode means the printer wont search for black bars when printing, and wont continue to the black bars when printed partially (defect labels on a shelf label media)

Back