Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't adjust a five cent difference for a guest who was a cunt to me

pissed her off but she didn't take the survey so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

God I’m glad I can share your pain. My biggest peeve is the garbage out of all of it. We don’t share with anyone. My team will push the garbage down and keep filling it til it rips or overflows. It makes me so maddddd
I have the same problem with my other PA that just leaves full garbage cans of rotting food in the ambient room and when I come in, I have to deal with it every week after my day off that he covered.

i keep food at the boat

today i had (all open) 2 boxes of cereal and a thing of apple fritters

i also keep my bag in there

my tl saw it and i was like "thats my pantry, want anything?" and he was like "ur pantry my ass" but didnt rly do anything abt it

All the fuckin time lmao. So many times I had bags of chips or some shit hiding under the table in the boat.
yeah lol during open hours i hide it but when its flow time? nah soda and chips just chillin for all

i keep food at the boat

today i had (all open) 2 boxes of cereal and a thing of apple fritters

i also keep my bag in there

my tl saw it and i was like "thats my pantry, want anything?" and he was like "ur pantry my ass" but didnt rly do anything abt it

I've never kept food besides the occasional bag of popcorn, but I allllwayyyysss have a drink on me at the boat, I always have a fountain drink chilling under the boat. Learned the hard way that Electronics gets hot during the warm weather :confused:

I've never kept food besides the occasional bag of popcorn, but I allllwayyyysss have a drink on me at the boat, I always have a fountain drink chilling under the boat. Learned the hard way that Electronics gets hot during the warm weather :confused:
i dont really eat breakfast/lunch so i end up bringing stuff to munch on during work and sometimes i forget to take it home so i amass a hoard lmao sometimes i forget about my drinks too and get like 3 bottles/cups of water but i store those next to the trash can so nothing gets wet

Don't tell nobody but at the Service Desk, there is sometimes a bag of candy / mints / chocolate that is making an extended stop before it goes to the toss bin.

I have the same problem with my other PA that just leaves full garbage cans of rotting food in the ambient room and when I come in, I have to deal with it every week after my day off that he covered.
That’s even worse

Forces a "toss", actually, not salvage or donate. I get the logic. We don't know if it's been tampered with.

I do the candy thing as well. The week after Halloween is the biggest one, because people vastly overestimate how many trick-or-treaters they'll get and then return the excess. Last year, some of the LODs instructed us to put them in the break room for TMs. We ended up with an entire shopping cart full.....

Last edited:
We have an entire candy stash at guest service purely from this

Reactions: Dog
This is a great thread - one of the reasons I decided to join, actually.

Depending on the day I will do most/all of these:

- While on fitting room duty, openly be on my phone (most likely reading TBR)
- Hang loose/oversize shirts with a pant hanger instead of the shirt hanger (gasp!)
- Take 20-25 minute 15s
- Take a 15 minute dook before/after my breaks (like others have said: boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why I poop on company time)
- Ignore guests if I'm zoning/pushing truck
- Hang around the store longer than my shift to pad my hours (I do actually work instead of just walking around though; back during the holidays I would stay an extra hour to hour and a half every other day or so and nobody said anything).
- Bring coffee/water on the floor in the mornings and nobody ever says anything
- I've never asked anybody for a RedCard and don't ever plan to

I'm not a shitty worker and I will help guests if they need help, but I'm not going to be a salesperson. And some days I just take advantage of our lax management and nobody really ever checks on SL anyway.

Forces a "toss", actually, not salvage or donate. I get the logic. We don't know if it's been tampered with.

I do the candy thing as well. The week after Halloween is the biggest one, because people vastly overestimate how many trick-or-treaters they'll get and then return the excess. Last year, some of the LODs instructed us to put them in the break room for TMs. We ended up with an entire shopping cart full.....
Some Hershey’s forces salvage.

Unfortunetly the leaders at my store won’t let us open anything :(

I dont ring people out in Electronics who aren't buying Electronics/Entertainment/Toys.

If they come up with just non electronics, I'll redirect them to the front. If they buy a game and they have other things to ring, I'll do it for them. Don't come up to me with a jacket and a box of candy and ask me to ring you out

Used to do this as well, until someone blew up on the etl-salesfloor. Now the only people we're allowed to tell to go to the front lanes are people with heaping cartloads of stuff.

Oh, I once broke one of the Moana rooster plushes on purpose because some brat kept setting it off.

lately I've been turning my walkie off when they call for a cart rally. I don't mind getting carts except that they always call when my repacks are backed up and I've got 30 minutes left on my shift. How about calling when I'm done early and looking for something else to do? (never happens)

I used to work my ass off, go above and beyond, run literally every direction to find the item a guest needed, come in every shift when I was scheduled and stay late, come in for every shift I was called in to cover for and stay late, pick up extra shifts, run myself ragged, learn new areas, excel in those areas, work in even more new areas to help out.

Now I’m being lectured (possibly “coached”, not sure..). Not sure if it’s worth it... any advice?

Walked in to have the lod be like did you hear the good news? You don’t have to cover any breaks or have a zone! Why? Because we forgot about the entertainment scan return so you’re doing it.

Was given 8 hours to do it. Managed to spend almost all of that time doing it, even though the result was only 4 repacks worth being sent back lol. Played HQ on my phone, did some quality texting, took a 20 minute dump. The way I see it, no one else would have gotten it done in time so...

I rang up like 10 people who I knew easily qualified for the gift card with a food purchase and they didn’t say anything about it but I was in a bad mood so I was like sucks to suck

I refuse to shop at my store. I go to other Targets and write bad reviews for cashier's that check me out when I know they aren't following the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back