Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I taste test food I QMOS and most of it tastes great even though it's past the best by date.

What the heck is an ambient room?

The ambient room is in stores that have fresh groceries. The name comes from having ambient, or room temperature (its not a cooler or a freezer). Some food is stored or weighed here, labels are attached, etc. It is basically a work station for food so that it is kept separate from non-food merchandise.

Confession: I googled this and got some information from an old Breakroom thread :p

True story, one time I was in the men’s room taking a piss, and there was a guy pissing at the urinal next to me while talking on the phone. Anyways, I had to fart, and I’m in the bathroom so I let it rip, and the dude got all pissed off. It’s the bathroom for fuck’s sake. It’s more appropriate to fart in there than to be on the phone!

When in the backroom aisles I'll let 'em rip. Unfortunately there are times that I immediately turn around to find an astonished coworker. Meh ... "you might want to go to another section. No. Really. Go. NOW."

behind the half wall at guest service is my go-to

Reactions: NPC
The cashier closet where we keep bags and receipt paper can be useful... but only if you make sure nobody else goes in there for an hour.

I also use the cashier closet if I need to... ahem... rearrange my underwear situation.

Not sure this counts as a Target sin or not but sometimes leadership has me explain processes to vendors and sign for vendor stuff if they don’t feel like dealing with it and receiving isn’t around to herd the vendors.
That's a sin for leadership. Not you. But it's a nice one up on them when you're asked to, "Name a time when you accepted a challenge and how did you go about it?"

Their sin is your win.

Reactions: Dog
Sometimes I just do something without asking because the bureaucracy in the process of getting a respone is so lengthy I would be dead and gone by the time anything ever changed.

Case in point. Where the printers are we have 1 garbage can. It's 30 gallon but empty boxes of labels take up so much room it fills up fast. About 100 feet away we have 2 tipster dumpsters in DPAL. Against my better judgement I asked the OM if he would partner with E&F to get the garbage can swapped out for one of those dumpsters because when we come in on weekends the weekly keys have empty boxes piled up a mile high pyramid style and the garbage is overflowing with boxes they didn't even attempt to break down.

He said, "Sounds good!"

A few weeks later I asked if he asked yet and he said he didn't get the chance. THIS is why my usual MO is like Nike - Just Do It. If someone doesn't like it, it gets changed back. No big deal. But now I overplayed my hand. I made a request. Nothing happened. So stuck in limbo. I can't change it myself because it would be obvious it was me. I still might though. Sometimes ya feel balless and sometimes ya feel ballsy.

I just fart anywhere
Same here. I fart as I'm stocking if I feel it coming, I let it make a backfiring noise. Who cares? Anyway the guests are too busy in their phone world to even notice and it doesn't smell too strong 'cause the khakis act like a filter. I even fart in the TSC even when there are TM's around. Farting is healthy.

Our ambi-room smells too bad - I think it's that controlled 60F temperature that makes it stink. I use the backroom. Typically, the Beds area. 90F-95F is better.
It makes it stink in there when some idiot leaves veggies and fruits to rot in the QMOS bin or they leave 4 full garbage cans of rotting food instead of donating and it makes it smell in there like a fart can.

Some days if I go on my fifteen, or lunch, and it's like... 1:11 when I go on my fifteen or whatever, I'll round up and come back at 1:30 for example, same with lunch. I round up to the nearest five, usually, even if lunch has me coming back square on a five. I round up. Lol.

I was watching sco and a really bitchy/ condescending lady asked me if I had cartwheel that she could use. I told her that my phone was dead and she would have to go to guest service. So glad I did because she was up there 10+ minutes complaining about the price of almost everything.

Same here. I fart as I'm stocking if I feel it coming, I let it make a backfiring noise. Who cares? Anyway the guests are too busy in their phone world to even notice and it doesn't smell too strong 'cause the khakis act like a filter. I even fart in the TSC even when there are TM's around. Farting is healthy.
Sounds like an invention is in order. How about charcoal underwear to filter the smell of farts? Exclusive to Spot! Hey, we sell Cards Against Humanity so charcoal underwear can't be any more offensive than that.

I was watching sco and a really bitchy/ condescending lady asked me if I had cartwheel that she could use. I told her that my phone was dead and she would have to go to guest service. So glad I did because she was up there 10+ minutes complaining about the price of almost everything.
Team members aren’t supposed to use cartwheel on their phones for guests anyway. I know many of us just do it anyway, but if she was being bitchy I would have just told her “unfortunately you have to get the app and add the offers you want, otherwise you can’t get the discount.” I’m sick of holding guests’ hands. Not sure what guest service really could have done anyway.

The grocery stores near me that have "preferred customer" programs (which is essentially what Cartwheel is) usually have a "store" account barcode at each register. Of course, most of them seem to be "these offers are all preloaded for you", as opposed to "select the offers that you'll actually use". So I think that guests assume that we have the same setup.

The grocery stores near me that have "preferred customer" programs (which is essentially what Cartwheel is) usually have a "store" account barcode at each register. Of course, most of them seem to be "these offers are all preloaded for you", as opposed to "select the offers that you'll actually use". So I think that guests assume that we have the same setup.
I see. I can understand why a guest would think that they might be able to use a store account, then, but I don’t see why a team member would think so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back