MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does NCF entail? I know it stands for Non-carry forward, but how does it differ from discontinued merchandise? I believe I read it somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it.

I've been wondering the same thing for a while. I asked around at my store and nobody seemed to know.

NCF and Discontinued are virtually the same in that we won't be carrying the item anymore (I am assuming you knew that much)...

The difference is if your DC is or is not getting anymore in. Discontinued means that they will not (and therefore you shouldn't expect anymore freight flow for the items, outside of maybe if the items were already on the trailer or some sort of final push occurred). This is why you flex over Discontinued items, because there is almost no chance of seeing replenishment for the item once it runs out. NCF on the other hand is an item you will stop carrying (will not be on another POG) but you will probably continue to see replenishment of it for a while. The DC is still receiving shipments and sending them to store, but expect it to stop. NCF can remain that way for a few weeks to a few months, eventually expect it to go Discontinued (or even straight to clearance or PLU).

So what is the difference between Discontinued and Discontinued-NCF? Your description of NCF sounded like Active-NCF.

So what is the difference between Discontinued and Discontinued-NCF? Your description of NCF sounded like Active-NCF.

I have never seen "Discontinued-NCF"... It is redundant... All Discontinued is by definition already NCF, but not all NCF is already Discontinued. Active-NCF is the only type of NCF I have seen (and that is why I just refer to it as NCF)

I thought a Brand Attendant was a soft lines term for the person who helps set & zone tables, and set pogs that occur on the fixtures (as opposed to POGS that occur in infant hardlines)?

Last edited:
Ncf items are not on a pog or sales planner. Ncf was used mostly after the holidays as filler in toys, till the toy transition happens. Some of those items could Barbie or mega blocks leftovers from Black Friday. It is a good idea to work them out before they go clearance.

I see them in POGS all the time. Looking at the label, you will sometimes see NCF. I see this most often in toys.

Maybe you mean Active NOP?

I thought a Brand Attendant was a soft lines term for the person who helps set & zone tables, and set pogs that occur on the fixtures (as opposed to POGS that occur in infant hardlines)?

That's a brand team member. They handle any softlines POGs that aren't set by the plano team, such as tables, and they may also be responsible for sales planners and instocks in their areas.

A brand attendant is a TM who handles tasks that, in other stores, would be considered secondary responsibilities of a cart attendant (restrooms, carry-outs, cleaning up spills, etc.) - they maintain the store brand while the cart attendant focuses on bringing in carts. Brand attendants are generally used in high-volume, high-risk stores.

Thanks Mr K
I was wondering about the story on those two.

Ncf items are not on a pog or sales planner. Ncf was used mostly after the holidays as filler in toys, till the toy transition happens. Some of those items could Barbie or mega blocks leftovers from Black Friday. It is a good idea to work them out before they go clearance.

I see them in POGS all the time. Looking at the label, you will sometimes see NCF. I see this most often in toys.

Maybe you mean Active NOP?
Maybe. It can go either way. In music & books, we have a lot of active NOP stuff without a POG number with it.

That's a brand team member. They handle any softlines POGs that aren't set by the plano team, such as tables, and they may also be responsible for sales planners and instocks in their areas.

A brand attendant is a TM who handles tasks that, in other stores, would be considered secondary responsibilities of a cart attendant (restrooms, carry-outs, cleaning up spills, etc.) - they maintain the store brand while the cart attendant focuses on bringing in carts. Brand attendants are generally used in high-volume, high-risk stores.

Gotcha. We don't have a Brand Attendant. We do most of our own carryouts and spill clean ups.

As a cart attendant I've been wondering this for a while. What does CRC mean? We've just started calling it "the yellows"

As a cart attendant I've been wondering this for a while. What does CRC mean? We've just started calling it "the yellows"

CRC stands for Central Returns Center. CRC defectives are usually electronic items, and the Central Returns Center either recycles them or sends them back to the manufacturer, depending on the item. When Guest Service and Reverse Logistics used color-coded "license plate" labels for defectives, CRC items would get a yellow license plate (hence "yellows"). Now, such items just get a white CRC ticket when you defect them out.

Check out this link for more info: http://www.thebreakroom.org/w/index.php/Defective

Does the word Monarch refer to the P-Fresh date guns or the portable (O'Neill) printers? I've seen Monarch used to refer to both on here, and I'm not sure which is correct.

Monarch is the brand of the p-fresh date gun but for some reason at my store they use the word to refer to both date guns and printers.

Does anyone else call reshop Foreign? Also I hear PBX alot, when referring to the Operator area. Any ideas?

PBX is the phone branch exchange, basically the phone system at your store.
Reshop, go backs, abandons, put away, strays, is various names for customer items returns or unwanted item at spot.

Been hearing the LOD's at my store talking about PCB's (or some similar sounding acronym) and haven't asked about it since it seems to be an LOD or ETL level responsibility...

Been hearing the LOD's at my store talking about PCB's (or some similar sounding acronym) and haven't asked about it since it seems to be an LOD or ETL level responsibility...
PCV ? Price Challenge Verification. When the cashiers change a price for any reason it comes up in a task list and they have to find out why. Could be an Ad sign left up or an actual problem like something not being the system. Sometimes sale prices aren't updated and have to be submitted through mysupport I believe it is. Mostly its just that they have to know why prices are changed.

PCV ? Price Challenge Verification. When the cashiers change a price for any reason it comes up in a task list and they have to find out why. Could be an Ad sign left up or an actual problem like something not being the system. Sometimes sale prices aren't updated and have to be submitted through mysupport I believe it is. Mostly its just that they have to know why prices are changed.

At my store, the PCV was always the LOD's responsibility. Now they pawn it off on the TLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back