MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been hearing the LOD's at my store talking about PCB's (or some similar sounding acronym) and haven't asked about it since it seems to be an LOD or ETL level responsibility...
PCV ? Price Challenge Verification. When the cashiers change a price for any reason it comes up in a task list and they have to find out why. Could be an Ad sign left up or an actual problem like something not being the system. Sometimes sale prices aren't updated and have to be submitted through mysupport I believe it is. Mostly its just that they have to know why prices are changed.

At my store, the PCV was always the LOD's responsibility. Now they pawn it off on the TLs.
Mine pawns it off on anyone with equipment.

Been hearing the LOD's at my store talking about PCB's (or some similar sounding acronym) and haven't asked about it since it seems to be an LOD or ETL level responsibility...
PCV ? Price Challenge Verification. When the cashiers change a price for any reason it comes up in a task list and they have to find out why. Could be an Ad sign left up or an actual problem like something not being the system. Sometimes sale prices aren't updated and have to be submitted through mysupport I believe it is. Mostly its just that they have to know why prices are changed.

At my store, the PCV was always the LOD's responsibility. Now they pawn it off on the TLs.

Or ask you to help them key it out because it's Black Friday and there are infinity tasks so they don't care if the issues are actually addressed. Seriously, a former ETL had me do this.

Or ask you to help them key it out because it's Black Friday and there are infinity tasks so they don't care if the issues are actually addressed. Seriously, a former ETL had me do this.
I've done it too ;)

I had no idea I'd be subjected to so many acronyms when I started working at Target! It was easier when there were employees, managers and customers.

PFresh actually stands for "Prototype Fresh." It's just the store prototype. Before PFresh the major design for stores was P09 (stores with the flat, long, 2 side electronics counter, but not necessarily fresh market). Before that it was P04 (stores with the 5/8 of an octagon (not glass) camera boat).

It has to do with the layout of the store. Now that most stores are undergoing a PFresh remodel, most stores have the same or a very similar layout.

Does the word Monarch refer to the P-Fresh date guns or the portable (O'Neill) printers? I've seen Monarch used to refer to both on here, and I'm not sure which is correct.

Before we had the current portable printers, we had two separate devices that we used. One was a monarch gun that we used to manually create new barcode stickers for items that needed them (these devices were made by the Monarch company, and therefor commonly referred to as "the Monarch" - just the the stacker is usually called "the Crown" because it is made by the Crown company.) This is why you sometimes hear the barcode stickers referred to as monarchs. Nowadays I usually hear them called b-code labels since BCODE is the application you use in RF apps to print them. The second device was a little yellow "hip printer" that we used to print price change tickets; this device could be attached to the team member's hip so the team member could grab the clearance tickets conveniently as they printed out. Since the current printers are much larger and heavier, they obviously cannot be carried on a team member's hip any longer, but in some stores you may still hear these referred to as hip printers. Back then we also had to print sales floor and backroom labels from the sign and label PC; we didn't have the option to print from a portable printer.

Does the word Monarch refer to the P-Fresh date guns or the portable (O'Neill) printers? I've seen Monarch used to refer to both on here, and I'm not sure which is correct.

Before we had the current portable printers, we had two separate devices that we used. One was a monarch gun that we used to manually create new barcode stickers for items that needed them (these devices were made by the Monarch company, and therefor commonly referred to as "the Monarch" - just the the stacker is usually called "the Crown" because it is made by the Crown company.) This is why you sometimes hear the barcode stickers referred to as monarchs. Nowadays I usually hear them called b-code labels since BCODE is the application you use in RF apps to print them. The second device was a little yellow "hip printer" that we used to print price change tickets; this device could be attached to the team member's hip so the team member could grab the clearance tickets conveniently as they printed out. Since the current printers are much larger and heavier, they obviously cannot be carried on a team member's hip any longer, but in some stores you may still hear these referred to as hip printers. Back then we also had to print sales floor and backroom labels from the sign and label PC; we didn't have the option to print from a portable printer.

When I was cleaning out the fixture room I found 14 boxes of Monarch tape.
I had no idea what it was for and kept asking people if they needed it, everyone assured me we did.
Two years later we still had the same 14 boxes.
I stopped asking and threw them away.

When I was cleaning out the fixture room I found 14 boxes of Monarch tape.
I had no idea what it was for and kept asking people if they needed it, everyone assured me we did.
Two years later we still had the same 14 boxes.
I stopped asking and threw them away.

Then they probably needed it the next day, right?

Oh, I'm sure they were going to need it like HLM said for inventory or something but 14 boxes.
And I'm pretty sure no one knew they were there and had just been ordering new ones for whatever it was.

what is the CAF ??

During certain hours of the day, the automated replenishment system drops batches of items to be pulled based on sales. Backroom pulls those batches and either they or the sales floor team pushes them to the floor. Those batches are CAFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back