MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDC= regional district center

When doing instocks, and you are the first to open the tasklist, it will ask you if there is a RDC (non-food) truck today.

What does MPG stand for?

Mechandsing Planning Guide (or Miles Per Gallon) .. that is when and area or section is going to change (get new product in), so you can flex product there if space in open.
We get that a lot on the Bakery tables, so we flex (print lables and place product in that spot) it is not tied and located there only flexed over to look FULL and FRESH.
That way it's full until it gets reset and the new product comes in.

PDA ... we called those a telxon at Wally world, first time somebody asked me if knew what a PDA was, i thought they meant Public Display of Affection lol

I transferred recently to a much larger Super Target and I learned that not every Target uses the same terminology for things. What at my old store we called abandons are called stray. There is a blue side and a green side of the store. I found out that it's because we have a set of green doors and blue doors, duh :facepalm:. I have been with Target for many years so no one really told me about this stuff, I had to ask. One thing that really surprised me here is that I get to leave at my scheduled time, even if it's the stores' closing time. At my old store we had to stay and zone, do abandons or set up ad on Saturdays. We have an overnight team that does that, I LOVE it. :excited:

I have a relative who claims she was offered a position as an ELT. he is currently a TL or STL not sure. He has been promoted twice.
He only has a high school degree and has been working for Target for 5 years. But he claims she will be making 50k a year and Target will pay for all her classes so she can get her BA. Is this true? He works at night.

I have a relative who claims she was offered a position as an ELT. he is currently a TL or STL not sure. He has been promoted twice.
He only has a high school degree and has been working for Target for 5 years. But he claims she will be making 50k a year and Target will pay for all her classes so she can get her BA. Is this true? He works at night.
No.

Does remodel just mean doing adjacency?

No, remodel means actually renovating the building. When there is a remodel, departments move around both temporarily and permanently. There is a remodel team that helps to simplify the process at the store's end - they may be relocating merchandise, guarding the doors for the techs and construction workers, or even just directing guests to items that have moved.

Does remodel just mean doing adjacency?

No, remodel means actually renovating the building. When there is a remodel, departments move around both temporarily and permanently. There is a remodel team that helps to simplify the process at the store's end - they may be relocating merchandise, guarding the doors for the techs and construction workers, or even just directing guests to items that have moved.

Alright, thanks. I was just confused by the 4am shift. The LOD's are never there at that time, so who do I go to? The Logistics TL?

You should have an LOD, even if it isn't an ETL. This should normally be your Flow TL.

You should have an LOD, even if it isn't an ETL. This should normally be your Flow TL.

This. If there is no ETL or SrTL in the building, then you would report to a key-carrying TL (i.e. flow or other logistics TL).

What does flex and reshop mean?
Reshop are just go-backs/strays/abandons/all that crap in guest services that people have returned or left lying around the store like assholes. Flex is when you fill up the empty spots in an aisle with product that would otherwise be sent to backstock because the home is full. Toys for example should be flex now.

Brand Attendant? My store has assigned Guest Services and Cart Attendants to do the restrooms during the day; and closing cashiers to restock registers at closing.
Who's store has this position?

Brand Attendant? My store has assigned Guest Services and Cart Attendants to do the restrooms during the day; and closing cashiers to restock registers at closing.
Who's store has this position?

Generally, only high-risk and/or high-volume stores have a brand attendant.

What does NCF entail? I know it stands for Non-carry forward, but how does it differ from discontinued merchandise? I believe I read it somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it.

What does NCF entail? I know it stands for Non-carry forward, but how does it differ from discontinued merchandise? I believe I read it somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it.

I've been wondering the same thing for a while. I asked around at my store and nobody seemed to know.

Ncf items are not on a pog or sales planner. Ncf was used mostly after the holidays as filler in toys, till the toy transition happens. Some of those items could Barbie or mega blocks leftovers from Black Friday. It is a good idea to work them out before they go clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back