MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volume classifications are based on yearly sales, and go as such.

• AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23 - $32.5
  • D $23 or less

ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.

Workbench > Store Reports > Store Fact Sheet will give you a lot of information about your particular store.

I'd be interested to know the percentages of each volume level of stores. Like, 25% are A volume, 0.5% are AAA

I'd be interested to know the percentages of each volume level of stores. Like, 25% are A volume, 0.5% are AAA

Unfortunately, that's not info that hourly TM's have access to.

Just ask your Stl or etl, what was sales last year? Your store is the priority, not other stores. Always try to beat everyone in the district!

We don't have nearly as much lingo as Target does. Each department is given a code name and of course we have words for the supervisors and such. Example. STL is the Store Director, GSTL is the PIC etc

Nop - Not On Planogram. When items are no longer tied to an aisle.

Add to definition if incorrect. ;)

Basically, I am being picky here :)

NOP items are items that are no longer part of any POG (either past, present, or foreseeable future)... More likely than not these items are DCODED and going clearance or ACTIVE and going back on a sweep or MIR...

NO LOCS items are items that are still part of a POG but that POG is not tied to a salesfloor location! They are either part of an old POG that got taken down, part of a current POG that isn't tied, or part of something that will be setting in the future...

Sorry, but I can't allow linking to this material. It is copyrighted internal documents belonging to Target Corporation. Furthermore, they are nearly 10 years old and certainly outdated. Thank you for your contribution though.

:( You forgot PDX: the COMPLETELY outdated software that Pharmacy uses to process prescriptions (currently being replaced by RedRx, which I've heard is not much better :rolleyes:)

Also, TM: Team Member: all other peons employees of Target :p

Is there an abbreviation for Pharmacy Tech???

The leadership expectations....

PERSONAL
Resilient and Adaptable
Demonstrates Accountability
Demonstrates Courage

TEAM
Collaborates
Relates Well to Others
Manages Talent
Communicates Effectively
Engages and Inspires Others

THOUGHT
Solves Problems
Strategizes
Innovates

RESULTS
Manages Productivity
Manages Execution
Drives for Results

Last edited:
Why is Women's called Ready to Wear?
fashion
It is called "Ready to wear" because many of the clothes are designed by "real" designers.....and "real" designer clothes are made with the intent of being bought and then alterations are done to fit the person buying the product.

So, "Ready to wear" means that the clothing is all set, ready to buy off the rack, no alterations and Ready to Wear.

Ready-to-wear or "prêt-à-porter", often abbreviated RTW, is the term for factory-made clothing, sold in finished condition, in standardized sizes, as distinct from made to measure or bespoke clothing tailored to a particular person's frame. Ready-to-wear has rather different connotations in the spheres of fashion and classic clothing. In the fashion industry, designers produce ready-to-wear clothing intended to be worn without significant alteration, because clothing made to standard sizes fits most people. They use standard patterns, factory equipment, and faster construction techniques to keep costs low, compared to a custom-sewn version of the same item. Some fashion houses and fashion designers produce mass-produced and industrially manufactured ready-to-wear lines, while others offer garments that, while not unique, are produced in limited numbers.

After reading thru some of the replies here, I found your answer.....I like your answer much better than mine.

It's basically what our grandparents used to call "off the rack".
Higher end clothing, particularly suits, are unfinshed (pants, sleeves unhemmed) because they are tailored to the buyer.

I feel kind of dumb. I thought ready to wear was the younger ladies bras, because they were just getting to the age to "ready to wear" them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back