MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks thought that might be it. They have me scheduled for that fri and sat next week

What does FA (as in myFA, I guess) stand for, anyway? Nobody at my store seems to know.

From another thread on pulling research:
Pull what the system is asking for. Period. If the system wants 10 and there are only 5, key what you actually pulled. You can always pull extra and not mess things up (assuming the extra were in location to begin with), but pulling less than what you keyed you pulled will always result in a baffle eventually. Pulling more than what you keyed will result in a ghost eventually. Always pull what the system is asking for, but only key what you are actually pulling. What you’re keying and what you’re taking should always match. Period.

Just leaving this here:

Capacity - how many eaches of a DPCI that the replenishment system thinks can fit on the sales floor.

OH - On hands. The number of items that the replenishment system thinks you have in stock at any given time. Does not take into account SFQ or backroom locations. Note that on hands decrement immediately when you receive any OPU or SFS orders...so it is not always 100% accurate at the moment you are looking at it, but generally is reflective of what you actually own.

SFQ - Sales Floor Quantity. This is the number of eaches the replenishment system thinks is on the sales floor. SFQ decreases from sales/QMOS/Defectives/researching down counts. SFQ increases from receipts/pulls from backroom/researching up counts/returns. SFQ will always max out at capacity and can not fall below zero. SFQ can be more than capacity if a pog tie is broken and the previous SFQ for combined locations was higher than the current capacity. While SFQ should be reflective of actual quantity of eaches on the sales floor...it isn’t always since the replenishment system works on the assumption of 100% efficiency with zero room for errors.

Backroom Qty - the sum of what is on location in the backroom for a particular DPCI.

In a perfect world, OH = SFQ + BRQ. This isn’t always the case. SFQ and BRQ are utilized only for in store replenishment systems. OH is what drives replenishment from the DC to the store.

This is why you can have “12 on floor, 12 in back, 12 OH.” Most likely all are in the backroom and you only have 12 OH. Probably came in on a truck, was pushed to the floor, wasn’t stocked, and the case pack got backstock. Will never pull until someone fixes the SFQ.

You can also end up with situations like “12 on floor, 0 in back, 0 OH”. Could be from SFQ being overstated I rally and then selling down or other stuff. If product does come in, it will go to direct since the SFQ is wrong. Unless you’re doing a push all.

Also...SFQ updates when the trailer is closed in push.
Thanks
sigma7

I had to move to another state because my bf found out he has terminal cancer. I moved to take care of him. When I apply for a job opening, the hr people tell !e it is filled, but it's not. Why?

I was originally told they would help me transfer, but because I did the store signs for 2 years +av5 hr assignment usually) and sometimes did the 5 hr shift as 1pm-6pm instead of noon to 5 it appeared I was sometimes late or left early so I was told to wait 3 months & re-apply. They made me resign. Now when I apply, no go. What's going on?

@Sweetpolly stick to asking questions in one place, your thread.
This is for questions and answers about Target definitions, not your transfer issue.

Also please consolidate your posts.
This isn't chat.
You don't need to reply to this, it is a moderators warning.

@Sweetpolly stick to asking questions in one place, your thread.
This is for questions and answers about Target definitions, not your transfer issue.

Also please consolidate your posts.
This isn't chat.
You don't need to reply to this, it is a moderators warning.
Could we remove the above posts and this one to clean up the thread?

12 steps back room
1.has item merge been completed
2. Is daily audit done.
3.empty location audit
4.labels scannable
5.profile accurate
6.wrong fillgroups pulled
7.correct fillgroup paper up.
8.nop pulled and mysuporrted.
9.stuff that's been there forever pulled and pushed??
10.partial casepacks pulled and stod correctly
11.low and pro
12.and overstock identified and plan to do with it.

Sure that's all of them and think 9 is right. These are the "steps"... Just might not be in the right order

Thanks
Lazy, Jan 25, 2017

Could it be used for Food Ave?

Technically, Food Ave is an outdated term, and it's officially Target Cafe. However, kinda like Dollar Spot or Red/Green/Blue World (in older stores), it is still used very much in an unofficial capacity.

I still get asked about the popcorn...

Xro05Rp.gif

I believe trend run is part of an aisles that is open or visible when walking then runway. There is one in our store's market. An entire juice aisle and a part of the wall that contains boxed juices. This was pointed out to me a long time ago to make sure to always kept zoned before the store open bec of it's visibility.

And focal are endcaps but longer, like this...
29cvqc7.jpg

I forgot what they called areas like the opal house, harth and hand but I don't think it's trend run. I'll ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back