TARGET TALK: MODERNIZATION EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Aisle is also called "Breezeway" at a few different stores I've been to

ACTV is SFS term.
That's the new category for mobile phone pickups. If you see anything in there, you're supposed to notify tech and they take it from there.
Thanks
@seasonaldude

What are One for Ones again? I heard it a couple times on my first day, but I forgot what it meant.

Pulling things out of the back to replenish the salesfloor. It's just one way that it's done. One item is pulled for every item that has been sold. So if you sold 3 cans of MP kidney beans the day before, you pull 3 out to fill the floor. Assuming you have 3 in the back, of course.

Myday app changes. Thanks @SuperTarget
Ok so now that most of the functionality is chain-wide I have had a chance to use some of it. I would have to use it for a week or two to give actual feedback but I can give initial first impressions which may change with time or as I adjust to a new workflow.

• Backstocking is a bit of a hassle to get into the mode but generally is faster in how long it takes to complete backstocking. I really like the flow once I get started but having to go into a special backstocking screen/sub-app is slowing me down as its a lot of “unlearning” the old way of just being able to scan a backroom location from Item Details. Maybe with time this will ease up but I find myself trying the old way and just getting details about the back room location then realizing I have to tap Home, Fill and Backstock, Backstock, scan, then I can actually do what I intended. Fill and Backstock should probably be two separate options on the home screen to avoid some additional steps. Seems dumb to hit Fill and Backstock then have the app immediately ask me if I want to Fill or Backstock.
  • As a Presentation Expert I generally am setting POGs for multiple Areas of the store and I am not able to see that workload under “Set” unless I select myself as every area under General Merchandise but then I see pricing and pull workload for all areas as well. If I chose my area as Presentation in myDay can it just show me all the workload without having to be in every area.
  • I noticed that EXF (now Item Fill) does not let you request more than the sales floor capacity now. I am assuming ”take“ would bypass this for doing guest requests/pulls
  • Metrics/Sales is super slow to load or fails to load all together (not a critical issue that is going to hinder work but still)
  • On the sales floor locations there is a pencil icon for each location to change the sales floor capacity for that location. This to me looks too much like tapping on it would change the tie location/untie. Just confusing UI there.
  • I seem to notice when on an item details screen the MyDevice is not properly going into sleep with inactivity. I wasted a lot of the battery having the screen on for like 45 min while the device was in the holster. It seems to be specific to myDay‘s scan screen.
  • Since scanning a backroom location now shows the items in that location and details about the location itself can a button be added on that screen for purging the location (ie. forget all items in this location)? Might be helpful for moving items to new locations or ”auditing” without creating errors. Just a thought. I understand it could be a dangerous button and would probably need a confirmation.

I will edit this as I think of more things and will append full feedback in a couple days to a week once Ive used it longer. I think some of the first impressions I have may just be needing to unlearn a bit of the old way and get used to some of the changes/new workflow which is fine. I expect that to be something that slows me down a little bit. But there are definitely some areas of myDay that could use less digging through 3-4 actions (mainly backstocking) or some UX changes.

Definitely see the other thread as many discussions are happening there.

A manual batch prior to myDay was called an EXF. This has been renamed to Item Fill. You can create a manual batch by scanning an item and hitting the blue “Fill” button on the item page. This will add it into a Item Fill Batch under your initials (to get to this batch it would be the Home tab > Fill and Backstock > Fill > select the “Item Fill” drop down to filter (it will probably be on “Area”) > select and start pull)

You can request multiple item fills and it will be added into the batch that already exists for you.

A few things to note about it from the other thread. You can’t fill more than the floor can fit (adjust capacity if you can actually fit more). If you are flexing, use a store tie to create the floor capacity and then fill.

Don’t use this for pulling for a guest. This is for filling the floor. Use the backroom “Take” function for guest requests. When you do a take it will ask you if it’s going to a guest/sales floor (hit “yes”)

If you need additional help I would recommend the myDay training videos. They should only be accessed while on the clock, but can be found clicking the user icon in the top left of MyDay and clicking “myDay Training” or accessing it here.
Thanks
@SuperTarget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back