Archived Target testing Instocks robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are store issues...not corporate. Store teams are responsible for data integrity.
We just need more mydevices that scan. Honeywell dropped the ball on those wonky mydevice sleds. The app is fine. And yea, people need to be trained. Don't blame corporate for lack of training in your store. If the leaders of a store really can't find any time at all to train their team, that store's just messed and on a slippery slope to failure.

but we can blame corporate for incorrect capacities, poor programming, hours being cut, budgets being slashed, poor equipment allocation, poor leadership. need we go on?

@Signduck pay attention to this example.

There's an item with a capacity of 5. It gets overstocked to 7. There are none in the back. The "on floor" count is capped at 5 because of the capacity. Later on, 4 are sold. Then the "on floor" and on hand counts adjust automatically and instantly. Now, because of TMs overstocking and not changing capacities/quantities, the mydevice says there is 1 on the floor, none in the back, 3 total.

All you would have to do as a team member to prevent this scenario, is either A: adjust that quantity and capacity to 7 or B: don't overstock.

Good to know this is what causes that. I often wonder why my mydevice tells me we have 0 items on the floor, 0 in the back, but 1 on hand, I'm like wait, what, 0+0=1? Good to know that really means 1 on the floor (hypothetically).

but we can blame corporate for incorrect capacities, poor programming, hours being cut, budgets being slashed, poor equipment allocation, poor leadership. need we go on?
Capacities are owned by store teams. The programming is fine. My store meets sales. We're currently adding hours. And how can you blame corporate for your poor leaders? That's literally just the fault of another leader for hiring them. Some of ya'll are just disgruntled as fuck and you'll never be happy with your jobs. You should all quit and go work fast food instead. The only thing that you mentioned that could be the fault of corporate, is the equipment allocation. And I agree, we need more devices.

Capacities are owned by store teams.

Initial capacities are set by corporate when they make a POG/REV/SPL, and they don't give payroll to scan every single item on every single POG so that capacity can be updated for each item.

While the store owns them, it is corporate that messes them up in the first place and does not provide hours to correct them.

and for those who think hours just need to be re-allocated for this, it's a bit tough to reallocate enough hours when your week's payroll is less than 2000 every week.

Last edited:
This week they did the cheese cooler. Ok the bagged shredded cheese, ok some pegs are capacity of zero others are 36 and yet others are 2. WTF???? The 8oz bags what fits comfortably is 12, but two sections aka 8ft, four rows all need correction..

How the fuck do some pegs have a capacity of o and then you look at the cheddar jack is 36 on the same size peg, WTF? Corporate? WTF???

Capacities are owned by store teams. The programming is fine. My store meets sales. We're currently adding hours. And how can you blame corporate for your poor leaders? That's literally just the fault of another leader for hiring them. Some of ya'll are just disgruntled as fuck and you'll never be happy with your jobs. You should all quit and go work fast food instead. The only thing that you mentioned that could be the fault of corporate, is the equipment allocation. And I agree, we need more devices.

capacities are not owned by the stores. we just have to deal with the mess that is generated by blind, deaf, and uncaring corporate infrastructure. the programing can not reliably tally sales from the previous day to accurately reflect on hand counts.

the leadership in the Stores all follow the Target ideal type set by Corporate. all faults in the leadership in the Stores is the Corporations fault.

Disgruntled? yeah think? after x number of years of saying the same thing over and over again and not one bloody thing changes for the good that is the kinda thing that disgruntles a person.

I am not "kinda" right I am also-bloody-lutely right about poor allocation of equipment. and said equipment is of poor quality hampered by even worse design and systems integration.

capacities are not owned by the stores. we just have to deal with the mess that is generated by blind, deaf, and uncaring corporate infrastructure. the programing can not reliably tally sales from the previous day to accurately reflect on hand counts.
Yes capacities are owned by the store. Yes you have to deal with capacities that need to be changed. Yes it's your job. And what are you talking about with the programming? On hands update within minutes of the sale.
I am not "kinda" right I am also-bloody-lutely right about poor allocation of equipment. and said equipment is of poor quality hampered by even worse design and systems integration.
Who ever said you were "kinda" right? Where did you quote that from? I straight up agreed that we need more mydevices. It's true. We need more. Everyone who touches product on the floor needs one at all times. If the flow team all had a device, they could stock to capacity or change the bad ones. If they did that, the problems would be solved.

@Signduck pay attention to this example.

There's an item with a capacity of 5. It gets overstocked to 7. There are none in the back. The "on floor" count is capped at 5 because of the capacity. Later on, 4 are sold. Then the "on floor" and on hand counts adjust automatically and instantly. Now, because of TMs overstocking and not changing capacities/quantities, the mydevice says there is 1 on the floor, none in the back, 3 total.

All you would have to do as a team member to prevent this scenario, is either A: adjust that quantity and capacity to 7 or B: don't overstock.

"don't overstock." That's realistic. What percentage of all stores do you think don't overstock? And where in your calculations factors in when TLs just grab stuff from aisles to put on endcaps without tieing? The problem is when corporate comes up with processes they base them on the assumption that every store is already currently on process. I was a database designer earlier in my career. These MyDevices could be so much more helpful with some better programming. There's an old programming acronym "GIGO", garbage in garbage out. I agree part of it is that there's a lot of garbage data entered by TMs but the rest is that the app is asking the wrong questions which also will result in garbage data.

Who ever said you were "kinda" right? Where did you quote that from? I straight up agreed that we need more mydevices. It's true. We need more. Everyone who touches product on the floor needs one at all times. If the flow team all had a device, they could stock to capacity or change the bad ones. If they did that, the problems would be solved.

Our flow team can't even remove grey dots......

ETA: much less - they can't stock in dual locations, stock correctly, keep from over stocking.

:sigh:

and I am thinking a Working My Device won't solve those issues. Those issues should not exist, even without a My Device.

cough *pick label* cough

Last edited:

ETA: much less - they can't stock in dual locations, stock correctly, keep from over stocking.

and I am thinking a Working My Device won't solve those issues. Those issues should not exist, even without a My Device.
They just need guidance and training.

hee hee.

wishful thinking.

These are ongoing issues at multiple stores over the years.

yep. guidance and training. wish it was that easy.

Payroll for guidance and training would be a helpful start.

--
Know how many times I have seen product on the floor with the plastic wrap still on? The plastic wrap that says "Please remove this wrap before stocking this item on the floor"

cough *pick label* cough

They can't even catch a mis-pick when one product is white the other black.. And the DCPIs on the front of the box. Nope just blindly followed pic label that was wrong. Incapable of gathering and using two or more pieces of information to get the job done correctly.

They don't care nor try to get it right, just cram shit out. Who gives two shits if I pile this crap dangerously high so that when you touch it the cans fall on your head and you get a work comp claim..

I have been for a year just trying to get them to tell blue from green on the bounty paper towels, they just cram shit out.

Know how many times I have seen product on the floor with the plastic wrap still on? The plastic wrap that says "Please remove this wrap before stocking this item on the floor"
That happens at my store too. Let the department TL or SF ETL know right away about that, so that they can partner with the flow TL/ ETL LOG to coach the TM responsible. There are ways to correct the behavior. Leaders just need to act like leaders. It's not a time thing, because usually it's just going to take a short conversation. Not a full blown 4 hour training session.

That happens at my store too. Let the department TL or SF ETL know right away about that, so that they can partner with the flow TL/ ETL LOG to coach the TM responsible. There are ways to correct the behavior. Leaders just need to act like leaders. It's not a time thing, because usually it's just going to take a short conversation. Not a full blown 4 hour training session.

It is a leadership issue, kids straight out of school who don't care how work gets done as long as their scores are green.

A year we have tried, but they can't pin it down due to this wave push they do, no one is responsible cause no one has ownership of anything and doing the job right only gets you punished with more work. Or cleaning up what others fuck up. Doing a great job gets the same raise and the same hours as the one who just works enough to not get fired.

Good to know this is what causes that. I often wonder why my mydevice tells me we have 0 items on the floor, 0 in the back, but 1 on hand, I'm like wait, what, 0+0=1? Good to know that really means 1 on the floor (hypothetically).
It could also mean it's floating around the backroom.

This week they did the cheese cooler. Ok the bagged shredded cheese, ok some pegs are capacity of zero others are 36 and yet others are 2. WTF???? The 8oz bags what fits comfortably is 12, but two sections aka 8ft, four rows all need correction..

How the fuck do some pegs have a capacity of o and then you look at the cheddar jack is 36 on the same size peg, WTF? Corporate? WTF???
I bet if you add together the capacity of every item in those two sections and then added up what the capacities should have been, they will end up being the same number. Because Target logic.

I bet if you add together the capacity of every item in those two sections and then added up what the capacities should have been, they will end up being the same number. Because Target logic.

Nobody got time fo dat!

capacities are not owned by the stores. we just have to deal with the mess that is generated by blind, deaf, and uncaring corporate infrastructure.
Yes capacities are owned by the store. Yes you have to deal with capacities that need to be changed. Yes it's your job.

Original capacities on POGs is awful. They know what size shelf is going to be used and the size of the product packaging yet 3 boxes (of say cereal) are supposed to fit in front of the end of the shelf somehow on nearly every single facing/DPCI. (13 per facing vs the 10 that actually fit). That is entirely corporate's fault. Things like beams in the middle of an aisle blocking product would obviously be a store-owned issue.

You can train all day, but that doesn't mean the team member you are teaching is going to care. :rolleyes:

A year we have tried, but they can't pin it down due to this wave push they do, no one is responsible cause no one has ownership of anything and doing the job right only gets you punished with more work. Or cleaning up what others fuck up. Doing a great job gets the same raise and the same hours as the one who just works enough to not get fired.

QFT. Story of my work life.

You can train all day, but that doesn't mean the team member you are teaching is going to care. :rolleyes:
They'd better. Because that coaching was documented, and they're headed down the corrective action process. So if they don't shape up it will lead to termination.

They'd better. Because that coaching was documented, and they're headed down the corrective action process. So if they don't shape up it will lead to termination.

We have one leader overnight who will document them out the door, but most of last year they were so desperate for bodies they allowed these horrible habits to grow. Now trying fix the bad habits is twice as hard and now they pull that leader to go help another store for 3 days a week. So no one is being coached out the door.. The other leaders? One gets a pass, I know the issue but it could out my store the other, was promoted as a pet project..

674129448-ohnoes.gif

Me thinks people are not worried about losing their $10 an hour job, at 20-25 hours a week. They can walk next door and apply for essentially the same job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back