Archived Target Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Android version was updated October 25. Please note the updste only applies to the Target app not the standalone Cartwheel one.

I don't think the app would know if you're a team member or not.
Technically it does, it can see if you have a ™ discount on your account. But I don’t think it’s limited to just us.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. And I did a Twitter search about it and only saw a couple tweets about it, and they were both team members.

And the blog post said it’s coming out in November I think, so maybe it’s just being tested now.

Has anyone used it at normal checkout? How does it work if so?

Used it just now, worked perfectly! Cashier was skeptical but scanned the barcode. 2 seconds later, receipt printed out with my TM, Cartwheel and RC discounts all applied.

Used it just now, worked perfectly! Cashier was skeptical but scanned the barcode. 2 seconds later, receipt printed out with my TM, Cartwheel and RC discounts all applied.
So they scan the barcode before or after hitting total?

It’s currently only for red card or gift cards. Don’t know if that’s permanent or not. Even if you don’t have those, it’ll still combine cartwheel and ™ discount.

Honestly I was really dreading target pay... I’m a huge proponent of Apple Pay, especially seeing as targets card readers are technically capable of it, and seeing how much I dislike most other retailers attempts at pay in store on phone. But honestly if you’re not going to take Apple Pay, this is hands down the best possible alternative. Target really really did a good job with this.

I wasn't actually paying attention but I assume after like a gift card payment.

Last edited:
Huh. I wonder what happens if on SCO you scan after total or on regular if you scan before. I’d bet an update to both will be pushed out and we’ll get clarification on when to scan.

Did you add your Redcard under payment cards? Once you do that it should prompt you to enable wallet ( 1 to 2 minute process )

I did have it... But I setup my new phone and it's on this one.

Apparently it's in a pilot right now and is supposed to be limited to TMs before rolling out to everyone within the next few weeks. Maybe @shortstuffishere and @StaticSun got access because they used to have TM numbers linked to their accounts?

Yeah I was told it was TMs only for now. Makes sense. We need to figure out how to use it before we try to help other people figure it out

It’s on my phone so how would it know I’m a TM? Because my target account has my TM info? Weird. I need to try this I hate how long the debit red card takes at checkout (longer than scanning my purchases!)

Girlfriends app doesn’t have wallet, just barcode. Must be based off the email being tied to my TM code. Going to try that out today for sure

Last edited:
It's amazing my cashier said "woah" so simple and intuitive. Very unlike Target.

I figure they'll mess it up the next app update lol
That’s what I was saying— target really did a good job. They clearly actually invested time and money into it.

As a whole, the Target app has improved greatly in the last few years. If only they would spend that money on the POS and MyTime.

it works before hitting total too. Tried it with a cashier. Asked her to scan the barcode first before hitting total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back