Archived Target Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it today but the only thing I wasn’t sure about was a “coupon” that wasn’t technically cartwheel. Does anyone know if these are automatic too. They came up separately in the app still

I used it today but the only thing I wasn’t sure about was a “coupon” that wasn’t technically cartwheel. Does anyone know if these are automatic too. They came up separately in the app still
It's a separate barcode because you have to scan it separately.

For those that are surprised that the app would know you are a team member...Target knows much much more about you (and other guests) then you’d expect

They are separate now. I emailed the feedback people and asked for them and GCs to be combined. Thus far I think almost everything I’ve requested to the app feedback has been implanted so hopefully this will.

I hope they don't decide to automatically apply gift cards. I don't want to use them when I could be using my REDcard.
Not automatically but just the option to add it under payment methods instead of separate barcode. I too wouldn’t want it to auto apply.

maybe it is just me but I couldn't figure out how to get it work with the gift card and self checkout and wallet but wallet and self checkout no problem. I am showing so many people in the next few weeks as almost all my shifts are split shifts where I am half cafe/half self checkout. One of the biggest complaints we get from guests is they don't have their red card and they still want their 5% and the wallet is going to elimate that. I am sure there will be those that say they don't feel comfortable with putting their card in the app but then I will say unfortunately you need to have the app or you're card as sweetly as I can and smile. They do it all the time with cartwheel and I always always gave in and did it because customer service, VIBE, etc. but now I can't lol without a zebra which it is a miracle if the whole front end has 1 or 2 :)

maybe it is just me but I couldn't figure out how to get it work with the gift card and self checkout and wallet but wallet and self checkout no problem. I am showing so many people in the next few weeks as almost all my shifts are split shifts where I am half cafe/half self checkout. One of the biggest complaints we get from guests is they don't have their red card and they still want their 5% and the wallet is going to elimate that. I am sure there will be those that say they don't feel comfortable with putting their card in the app but then I will say unfortunately you need to have the app or you're card as sweetly as I can and smile. They do it all the time with cartwheel and I always always gave in and did it because customer service, VIBE, etc. but now I can't lol without a zebra which it is a miracle if the whole front end has 1 or 2 :)
They said you have to scan the app before hitting total when using self checkout, which means you won't be able to use it with a gift card (assuming you have your redcard in the app) because it'll automatically use your redcard. You can only do this at a register, which allows the cashier to hit total, then scan the gift card, then scan the barcode for cartwheel+TMdiscount+redcard.

Are you really giving guests 5% off just because they asked for it? They have to use the card to get the discount. It's not a rewards card that you just show. I understand giving in if the guest has the card and tries it a few times and it doesn't work (and you remind them to call the number on the card to get it figured out), but giving them the discount without using it defeats the purpose of offering the card at all. Edited because I can't read.

Last edited:
no i have never given people 5% off because they asked for it. One time a lady tried that with me demanding to see a manager because she had a reciept showing she had a redcard but no redcard and I explained to her I understand she may have one but she needs to have it present to get the discount, manager comes and gives her discount. What I was saying is before wallet I would show guests how to use cartwheel and where to download it in their app store. If someone says they have the red card but they don't have it on them I ususally make some stupid joke about never leaving home without it and then tell them if they bring back their card within the same day they can get the 5% because that has what the gstl at my store told me.

i figured I couldn't use giftcard and wallet together on selfcheckout but thanks for confirming that way I can let others know. The GSA that was on last night didn't know it was live on the app yet. I think it is the best improvement to the app yet.

no i have never given people 5% off because they asked for it. One time a lady tried that with me demanding to see a manager because she had a reciept showing she had a redcard but no redcard and I explained to her I understand she may have one but she needs to have it present to get the discount, manager comes and gives her discount. What I was saying is before wallet I would show guests how to use cartwheel and where to download it in their app store. If someone says they have the red card but they don't have it on them I ususally make some stupid joke about never leaving home without it and then tell them if they bring back their card within the same day they can get the 5% because that has what the gstl at my store told me.

i figured I couldn't use giftcard and wallet together on selfcheckout but thanks for confirming that way I can let others know. The GSA that was on last night didn't know it was live on the app yet. I think it is the best improvement to the app yet.
My mistake, I completely misread your post above! I've spent too much time on here today lol.

Mine works beautifully. My only issue is that after I use it and lock my phone it pops up "return to app" when I unlock my phone and go to Chrome. Nothing major, just a minor nuisance

I've never done this (I'm new) but I believe during my orientation they mentioned people showing guests how to use cartwheel by using their own. If a TM did this with the new "wallet" setup it could be a mess. Your TM discount might apply and your redcard. Even if you don't link your redcard the TM discount being in there could create problems....

I've never done this (I'm new) but I believe during my orientation they mentioned people showing guests how to use cartwheel by using their own. If a TM did this with the new "wallet" setup it could be a mess. Your TM discount might apply and your redcard. Even if you don't link your redcard the TM discount being in there could create problems....

Giving guest your cartwheel shouldn't be done anymore they started discouraging it back when they promoted red perks. If you want to help a guest with cartwheel - a device should be used.

I never let guests use my cartwheel anymore. For one, it screws up my little tally of “savings so far” or whatever that I like to look at lol. Secondly, I realized I don’t know this person. I don’t care about them. And I’m letting them use my personal phone so they can save money when they can just do it themselves? Yeah no thanks.

Giving guest your cartwheel shouldn't be done anymore they started discouraging it back when they promoted red perks. If you want to help a guest with cartwheel - a device should be used.
Red Perks was never in my area so that’s probably part of why. I keep my phone in my locker anyways

I never let guests use my cartwheel anymore. For one, it screws up my little tally of “savings so far” or whatever that I like to look at lol. Secondly, I realized I don’t know this person. I don’t care about them. And I’m letting them use my personal phone so they can save money when they can just do it themselves? Yeah no thanks.
I also do not for the exact same reasons

I don't let guests use my Cartwheel because you're limited to the number of transactions per day on your account. If I start giving guests "my" discounts, then i may not have them for myself at the end of the night.

However, if I can see that their app is misbehaving and if they're polite about it AND if the lane is quiet, I will look up the offers using my app and then use the Price Change function and Missed Cartwheel to give them the applicable discounts.

I don't let guests use my Cartwheel because you're limited to the number of transactions per day on your account. If I start giving guests "my" discounts, then i may not have them for myself at the end of the night.

However, if I can see that their app is misbehaving and if they're polite about it AND if the lane is quiet, I will look up the offers using my app and then use the Price Change function and Missed Cartwheel to give them the applicable discounts.
I think I did that once or twice.

I work at electronics, and if we have a cartwheel on a game or a promotion I'll do it, but only after they start downloading.

The wireless and wifi where I am suck, so if I actually waited then it'd take forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back