Archived Teacher Prep discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official best practice is to have guests fill out the form. If they don’t get a coupon within 20 minutes, verify their teacher id and drivers license and manually adjust the items down 15%

Official best practice is to have guests fill out the form. If they don’t get a coupon within 20 minutes, verify their teacher id and drivers license and manually adjust the items down 15%

Just super, let the guest wait 20 minutes. Like that's going to drive loyalty! Guests get all bitchy if there is ONE guest ahead of them in line and they need to wait 45 seconds. And don't direct them to SCO.

Just super, let the guest wait 20 minutes. Like that's going to drive loyalty! Guests get all bitchy if there is ONE guest ahead of them in line and they need to wait 45 seconds. And don't direct them to SCO.
Well they should’ve done it ahead of time. Not that they will. You can manually do it after verifying school and state id BUT do every item individually in case they return stuff

Well they should’ve done it ahead of time. Not that they will. You can manually do it after verifying school and state id BUT do every item individually in case they return stuff

That's exactly right, they should have already done it ahead of their shopping trip. However, my store isn't willing to expect our guests to act like grown ups and take any responsibility.

Wow! They are blowing up Facebook and twitter! I was afraid this would be a shit show. Doesn't sound like any stores were prepared for this. I know mine wasn't.
Why do we do this again and again? Come up with an idea for an event. Don't provide adequate communication or hours to prepare for, or execute the event. Repeat.

I'm already over it. Too many people complaining that this or that isn't included, or that they don't qualify, or that there was a similar Cartwheel deal, or that they don't get money from their school to buy stuff until August, etc etc etc etc etc. Just be happy that they gave you 15% instead of the 0% they could and maybe should have offered.

Leadership should have received a scan sheet in their email. You can scan the coupon if the guest didn't do the email verification. Still need to ask for their teacher ID before scanning though.

When they had the military and veteran discount day last November, I think less than 5% followed the instructions to pre-registered and we were told to give them the discount and not ask for any type of proof.

When they had the military and veteran discount day last November, I think less than 5% followed the instructions to pre-registered and we were told to give them the discount and not ask for any type of proof.
For this we were told by target guest relations to ALWAYS ask for teacher id

Why is anyone with that kind of attitude working with kids? They clearly aren’t going to pick up any pointers on manners from her. Also, they’re not entitled to that discount, we’re not a dedicated teacher supply store. Say thank you and shut up, lady. (And before anyone gets it twisted, my family is full of educators and I’m an elementary and early childhood education major, so I know teachers pay for most of their classroom supplies out of pocket. Still doesn’t excuse this woman’s reaction.)

I love teachers. One of my parents was one, but gd. They are the most entitled people who thrive on martyrdom. No one forced you to take the job. You know the pay going in. My last retail gig before Target I hated teachers and senior citizens bc they both constantly bitched about wanting discounts simply for existing. Sorry, bub. Lots of people are struggling. I’m running a business, not a charity.

Ok I also work in a school as my day job and this is just ridiculous. Kids bring the majority of school supplies themselves so I don't know what these teachers are so upset about. I also don't know any homeless teachers and as others have said, if your life choice is not allowing you to have a "better and prettier life", maybe you should find alternative employment. Rather than griping about 15%, how about some appreciation that Target gave discounts at all. They didn't have to. And I sure hope she doesn't share that entitled, whiny attitude with her students. Good lord.

Last edited:
Lots of those comments on Facebook also, that we should offer them that discount year round. I dont know about other stores, but in my opinion we dont even have all that much office outside of BTS season.

And then there's this.

View attachment 5821

Wow. It sounds to me like she wants a straight up discount year round for everything cuz she's a poor teacher. She needs to take that attitude to her union or school board. It's not T's responsibility to help her financially. Wow, talk about entitlement!! Smh

I often had to play blocker whenever we walked past paper supplies when my wife and I went into the store (and forget about Staples).
The teachers days were like Hanukkah for her.
She worked in a very poor urban district and would often have to provide supplies to the kids.
I donated hundreds of dollars worth of school supplies that she had stocked up in our garage just for that purpose.

Fuck the whiners who bitch about Spot offering a discount on supplies.
That is privileged bullshit.
Sure there are also a lot of teachers who make crap wages but you need to talk to your union about that.
Hit the streets, strike.
There are some schools were the kids wouldn't have much at all if it wasn't for the teachers.

Yup, there’s a couple districts like that around here. Some of the news stations do school supply drives. Those teachers are the ones that need the unions the most. And they’re there for some of those kids when nobody else in their lives are there for them.

Lots of those comments on Facebook also, that we should offer them that discount year round. I dont know about other stores, but in my opinion we dont even have all that much office outside of BTS season.

And then there's this.

View attachment 5821
We have literal actual homeless people that are regulars at our store and they are so nice and not once have ever asked for a discount on anything god that shit is infuriating to read how fucking dense can you be

And then there's this.

View attachment 5821
She can't be that poor or broke if she went to a Father John Misty concert last month. Unless someone else paid for it.

And then there's this.

View attachment 5821

Yup, another entitled snowflake.

If you can't afford a "prettier' home, find a different job. And buying a few hundred dollars worth of school supplies isn't going to make you homeless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back