Archived Team Member's fire back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I say to the guest: I can't make this order tax exempt unless you have the right form from the IRS. No, I can't put in the number you give me to make it tax exempt. No, ma'am, you can't buy anymore two liters of cola because seven-five is the max you can buy per day.

What I'm thinking at this exact moment: Damnit, Lady, this is the third time you've gone through my line with this crap. Piss off already!

There's a limit on how many two-liters you can sell? That seems unusual.

Told some lady we didnt carry the book she was looking for. She pulled out her phone and said "it says right here you guys have it."
I touch her screen to scroll down and point out the "Sold Online Only." I then told her to show her like 6 year old child what I showed her.
I feels bad for that kid.
Had that yesterday with two women wanting the 16 inch Hello Kitty Bike, they got pissed (because they said Target.com said we had it in store), so I say I'll go look in the back and ask the LOD if the website could be wrong, he pulls out his iPhone and shows me that it says "sold online only" so I go back out, the older woman pulls out her phone from her bra and gives a look of defeat. They then have me take out the 14 inch bike from the box ("to see if it has all the parts") where I proceed to be scratched to hell by the box staples. Later I see my favorite ETL and she asks if a cat scratched me and then after my story says "Well, you did say it was a Hello Kitty bike..."

one of the funniest refuse returns i ever say was this super nice lady at our store.. (so nice she makes poems up and recites them over the walkie if shes closing to cheer everyone up) was working at guest service and someone wanted to return something that they didnt have a receipt for and they were over their drivers licence limit or whatever(dont remember the exact reason) but the guest started shouting and said ill take it to walmart they accept all returns! to which the nice gs lady said.. "would you like me to put it in a bag for you?" ah if you guys could see this woman it was just the nicest way to say f-u to the guests without really saying it.

one of the funniest refuse returns i ever say was this super nice lady at our store.. (so nice she makes poems up and recites them over the walkie if shes closing to cheer everyone up) was working at guest service and someone wanted to return something that they didnt have a receipt for and they were over their drivers licence limit or whatever(dont remember the exact reason) but the guest started shouting and said ill take it to walmart they accept all returns! to which the nice gs lady said.. "would you like me to put it in a bag for you?" ah if you guys could see this woman it was just the nicest way to say f-u to the guests without really saying it.

One of my GSTLs has been known to "kill 'em with kindness."

There's a limit on how many two-liters you can sell? That seems unusual.

That was because we had a "buy four, get one free" deal going on that week. The quantity was limited so that we didn't have people clearing the shelves.

When a guest starts their bull**** about a damaged item and expresses 10% discount isn't enough, I then explain we do not sell damaged items, and thank them for bringing it to me so I can defect it out. If they are an ass then most of the time I will just explain things to them like they are 5. If I don't feel like playing their game then I will just state something like - The price is so and so, do you still want it?

I love that, especially when it's obvious they damaged it themselves. One time a guest made a stink over wanting a discount on a $1 piece of foam crap from one spot and I was shutting him down till the LOD popped out of nowhere and gave his spoiled ass 15 cents off.

When a guest starts their bull**** about a damaged item and expresses 10% discount isn't enough, I then explain we do not sell damaged items, and thank them for bringing it to me so I can defect it out. If they are an ass then most of the time I will just explain things to them like they are 5. If I don't feel like playing their game then I will just state something like - The price is so and so, do you still want it?

I love that, especially when it's obvious they damaged it themselves. One time a guest made a stink over wanting a discount on a $1 piece of foam crap from one spot and I was shutting him down till the LOD popped out of nowhere and gave his spoiled ass 15 cents off.

When it comes to this, I'm of two minds.
  1. It's fifteen cents, just give him the discount.
  2. On the other hand, I typically just think "it's a dollar you cheap ass why are you trying to get a discount on this like at what stage in your life did you become so cheap that you have to get a discount on an item worth a DOLLAR."

When it comes to this, I'm of two minds.
  1. It's fifteen cents, just give him the discount.
  2. On the other hand, I typically just think "it's a dollar you cheap ass why are you trying to get a discount on this like at what stage in your life did you become so cheap that you have to get a discount on an item worth a DOLLAR."
It's the principal for me. I like rules and Target just craps all over them at a moments notice. Don't take expired coupons, unless a guess asks then just vibe with it! Don't sell damaged stuff, unless they demand it then give the a discount! So when I get the chance to stick it to Targets stupid "policies" AND to a snotty guest, I feel it.

The dude's excuse was hilarious- "I have to use glue to fix it!". Glue's at least a dollar, if you don't have it already. You're not saving any cash.

Guest: what's the point of having the self check out if its not going to be faster?
Me: it's only as fast as the person using it

-------------------------------------
Guest: I will never shop here again, your lines are to slow.
Me: that's so sad, we will miss you coming in here very much.

Last edited:
When I was working as supervisor at a Kmart that was closing, I yelled at a customer. Full on.

She got mad that the cashier didn't scan her Rewards card. She yelled, complained, called the poor girl stupid, and got mad over making 10 cents on her rewards card.

It got bad... I yelled at her.

"Lady, it doesn't matter who call to complain about her service. She's getting fired anyway. We're all getting fired. The damn store closing lady. You can't you read the huge signs that 'STORE CLOSING" on them."

I turned into that kid from A Christmas Story, except of punching a bully, I unleashed on this customer. That store closing sale was demeaning, emotionally draining, and a horrible experience. Countless "We'll glad your closing!" and "Good riddance" comments from customers. It the worst 10 weeks ever and I just erupting on that nasty customer.

The funny thing was, when I was yelling at that lady, there was a news team from a the ABC affiliate doing a story on us closing. Good thing they didn't get me on camera shouting. LOL

When I was working as supervisor at a Kmart that was closing, I yelled at a customer. Full on.

She got mad that the cashier didn't scan her Rewards card. She yelled, complained, called the poor girl stupid, and got mad over making 10 cents on her rewards card.

It got bad... I yelled at her.

"Lady, it doesn't matter who call to complain about her service. She's getting fired anyway. We're all getting fired. The damn store closing lady. You can't you read the huge signs that 'STORE CLOSING" on them."

I turned into that kid from A Christmas Story, except of punching a bully, I unleashed on this customer. That store closing sale was demeaning, emotionally draining, and a horrible experience. Countless "We'll glad your closing!" and "Good riddance" comments from customers. It the worst 10 weeks ever and I just erupting on that nasty customer.

The funny thing was, when I was yelling at that lady, there was a news team from a the ABC affiliate doing a story on us closing. Good thing they didn't get me on camera shouting. LOL

Youre actually an incredible person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back