Archived Teamed up on. Is there something I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaBePerm

Overnight Slave
So I today as I was leaving from work I was confronted by two backroom team leaders (L and D) accusing me of doing something I didn't do (Im pretty sure they went to check the cameras or ask my team leader about it after I said I didn't do it) and getting on my ass for leaving two carts which I did right because they were clearance. So after telling them I din't do the first thing then they went after me for the second thing but once I said it was Clearance they backed off. The problem is they were all hostile about and it seemed like they were trying to fine an excuse to get me in troubled or even fired... Keep in mind this my second week. It's not only this but on my first day D was screaming at me for using the elevator and being on the first floor when it was my First day! How the hell was I suppose to know I'm not allowed there when they are unloading a truck? I was trained in the morning not overnight! And L today was being a complete ass he wouldn't let me backstock something I was told from my team lead to back stock... He was like"are sure they are backstock? Why So many? Who told you?" I was just following instruction I seriously feel like they are hostile to me, Why? I don't get it, they aren't my team leaders technically. H who is in charge of the remodeling (what I was hired for as a seasonal employee)is charge of me. And according to her she likes having me on backroom the most because I get things done fast and efficient.

What should I Do? I don't want to quit but I dont want to work there if L and D are going to be treating me like this.

Also what are you suppose to do with Clearance items? All i was told was to put them to the side because your not suppose to back sock clearance and put the clearance clip on it...

You really shouldn't listen to anyone other than your direct TL, ETL or LOD. We have Softlines TL who thinks they can tell backroom what to do. It doesn't work like that. Only the flow tl or backroom tl should be giving orders to backroom.

So I today as I was leaving from work I was confronted by two backroom team leaders (L and D) accusing me of doing something I didn't do (Im pretty sure they went to check the cameras or ask my team leader about it after I said I didn't do it) and getting on my ass for leaving two carts which I did right because they were clearance. So after telling them I din't do the first thing then they went after me for the second thing but once I said it was Clearance they backed off. The problem is they were all hostile about and it seemed like they were trying to fine an excuse to get me in troubled or even fired... Keep in mind this my second week. It's not only this but on my first day D was screaming at me for using the elevator and being on the first floor when it was my First day! How the hell was I suppose to know I'm not allowed there when they are unloading a truck? I was trained in the morning not overnight! And L today was being a complete ass he wouldn't let me backstock something I was told from my team lead to back stock... He was like"are sure they are backstock? Why So many? Who told you?" I was just following instruction I seriously feel like they are hostile to me, Why? I don't get it, they aren't my team leaders technically. H who is in charge of the remodeling (what I was hired for as a seasonal employee)is charge of me. And according to her she likes having me on backroom the most because I get things done fast and efficient.

What should I Do? I don't want to quit but I dont want to work there if L and D are going to be treating me like this.

Also what are you suppose to do with Clearance items? All i was told was to put them to the side because your not suppose to back sock clearance and put the clearance clip on it...
Backroom team will always question you when you being backstock back it just a back room thing. As far a clearance you don't backstock now if your part of remodel you should be pushing it somewhere in the floor if not out it with the rest of the clearance in the back. Seems like these guys are just being dicks I would talk to your tl first about it. If there's no change confront them I can tell you my backroom team was always on people making them fee the same way you do after one of them went back at them they stopped

As a backroom team member we ( backroom team ) are told to "own" the backroom. We are constantly told not to let people do a dump and go. Meaning they just drop random stuff off and run for the hills. So, the backroom tls may had been just checking up on things and making sure you were not guilty of a dump and go. However, there is no excuse for anyone ( be it tm, tl, etl, stl, dtl) to be an ass to anyone else. If a leader feels like they have to down to people and or be an ass to be an effective leader...that speaks volumes to their lack of leadership skills and they should rethink their line of work. Just because you are in "charge" doesn't mean you have to be an ass. Yes, there are times you have to be stern but you can be stern without being demeaning to a person. When a new tm does something wrong or you think they did something wrong there is a right and wrong way to handle it . Lastly, IF I was going to address the issue. I would go to your leader and simply tell them what happened. Let them know that you are open to feedback and someone letting you know when you do something wrong. However, you feel the team leads ( L and D) were a bit abrasive and you didn't think it was called for .

Last edited:
You really shouldn't listen to anyone other than your direct TL, ETL or LOD. We have Softlines TL who thinks they can tell backroom what to do. It doesn't work like that. Only the flow tl or backroom tl should be giving orders to backroom.
I have backroom take care of things all the time. As long as what you're asking is in the interest of the store, Any team member should be following a team lead's direction so long as it doesn't conflict with direction from their team lead or the LOD.

It sounds like the backroom TLs are being very territorial and taking it out on you, which is completely wrong of them to be doing. Talk to your remodel TL about your concerns, and be sure to use the word "hostile."

The backroom is a dumping ground for the store. We're always on alert and cautious of people putting things in the wrong areas or simply dropping miscellaneous things off in the back. His attitude was probably only a reflection of how his own day was going, not about your actions specifically. He was just making sure the backroom wasnt taking on any unnecessary workloads. He should have just scanned the product in your cart though to see for himself instead of making you feel like you did something wrong especially with you being so new. Good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back