Archived Terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was terminated last week for internal theft. Estimated amount of $60 (all from gift cards the registers prompt on certain item promotions). There was no police involved with my case. I just signed this form and paid the $60 after I admited. My question is, will this appear on my records when I have background check for future jobs? Fortunately, I'm still employed as I had two jobs, and Target wasn't my first job. This was definitely a reality check for me. I'm 18 years old.
You thief, you should be banned from this forum, what a disgrace you are.

It may be like when you pay cash for a vehicle from a dealer. They still fill out finance paperwork but it shows paid in full.
No if you pay cash, the dealer doesn't fill out "finance" paperwork. Wtf does that even mean?

You'll need to involve AP &/or your GSTL or other leader with EJ access.
Steps shouldn't be divulged on here because of the possibility of a TM committing theft.
We termed a GSTM who was transferring giftcard balances onto her own card.
Sure enough, AP tracked her purchases down despite her frequently transferring to other cards.
Agreed. Once a gift card is purchased there is no way to verify that the person is the same who purchased it even with the receipt and it hadn't been used.

There are people who go out in parking lots looking for receipts for gift card purchases or actively track gift card numbers for balances. The scratch offs are a good security measure.

All registers have some sort of camera watching them. It's required. Just becomes there's no dome doesn't mean there's no cameras.

As far as tips are concerned. I don't care about a cart attendant (or anyone for that matter) taking a tip.

Yeah I'll have to look or something because if there's no cameras there, that's kind of an issue in itself. I figure no one really cares if we get tips but in the back of my mind I've always went "huh if I was anyone else in the store I wouldn't be allowed to keep this"

Honestly, I've always figured if a guest wants to give you their money for your service to them, they should be allowed to... or I mean we should be allowed to accept. What's the stipulation of receiving tips at Target?

Last edited:
As a barista for Target, we have people offer tips to us all the time & we respectfully decline.
My SBTL tells them that we're Target employees so anything left on the counter goes into the register.
When one guy insisted, she pointed at the nearby camera dome & said it wasn't worth losing her job over.

What's the stipulation of receiving tips at Target?

Officially you are not supposed to, as mentioned above I have my doubts someone would even catch on or enforce it but there are those team members who don't know how to keep their mouth shut. Like our cart attendant who came into TMSC bragging about a tip he got. You can be assured he was pulled into ETL hrs office

Yeah I'll have to look or something because if there's no cameras there, that's kind of an issue in itself. I figure no one really cares if we get tips but in the back of my mind I've always went "huh if I was anyone else in the store I wouldn't be allowed to keep this"
I mean if you want to draw attention to yourself, then go ahead and stare at the ceiling. Just assume you're always being watched, with the exception of fitting rooms and restrooms.

No $60 accumulated in gift cards over the course of 3 months. I didn't steal any merchandise. The promise note was paid in full. They have a records of what I spent the money on, and (as sad as it may be) it for snacks during my breaks and $15 meal cards for red robin and such. It just accumulated, I didn't use the gift cards to by a mass amount of videos games or something like that. The AP guy said because of how honest and cooperative I was, no charges will be pressed. Just lost my part time job which really wasn't worth losing over snacks and food :(
Um, gift cards ARE merchandise. Dude, you got lucky. Take this as a lesson that someone decided that you needed a second chance not the inside of a jail cell. If AP says they aren't pressing charges then they aren't.

As for Target as a reference, if its under a year you can simply not put them on. You said you have two jobs, so don't talk about Target. And for the future, don't steal any physical thing. This includes the digital money attached to the plastic cards.

Except that it's against policy to accept money/tips from a guest. He should have turned the gift card over to his team lead immediately.
Which is an asinine policy. Yes, its to prevent people from soliciting tips, but someone people especially those from foreign countries, look at rejecting a tip, like you called them a racial epitat. We need it to change to, you can accept anything given but can't solict

As a barista for Target, we have people offer tips to us all the time & we respectfully decline.
My SBTL tells them that we're Target employees so anything left on the counter goes into the register.
When one guy insisted, she pointed at the nearby camera dome & said it wasn't worth losing her job over.

I generally tell guests that I'm better with the 35% off produce and organic stuff, but if they want to drop off a comment card at guest services that would be awesome.

Um, gift cards ARE merchandise. Dude, you got lucky. Take this as a lesson that someone decided that you needed a second chance not the inside of a jail cell. If AP says they aren't pressing charges then they aren't.
I wouldn't go that far....

I know if I say I won't press charges then I'm going to keep my word. But I can't speak for other people. I won't get into specifics, but I would advise people to be careful when they're signing anything.....

Yes they do.. It's part of the Patriot act.. There is a dollar amount that trips that paperwork.. Maybe you have never hit it..
I paid $65000 cash for an Audi A8 last week, only bill of sale and title of origin was handed to me

I paid $65000 cash for an Audi A8 last week, only bill of sale and title of origin was handed to me

I'll bet though that they didn't just let you plunk down a stack of $100s on the table and walk away with a car. They had to collect nearly all of the same information they would have required as if you were securing a loan. Things like full name, SSN, address, banking information.

I'll bet though that they didn't just let you plunk down a stack of $100s on the table and walk away with a car. They had to collect nearly all of the same information they would have required as if you were securing a loan. Things like full name, SSN, address, banking information.
No banking info, no as, just my drivers license and stacks of $100.

I got bill of sale and title too.. It's not your problem if the dealer didn't file what they needed to, its on their end not yours. But if the FBI shows up at your door, you will know why..

I believe the customer doesn't have to fill out or sign anything. The $10,000 threshold trips an automatic filing with the government. Your drivers license gave them all the information they needed to file.

I believe the customer doesn't have to fill out or sign anything. The $10,000 threshold trips an automatic filing with the government. Your drivers license gave them all the information they needed to file.
No banking info, no as, just my drivers license and stacks of $100.

Anything that high would require a CTR which requires your SSN not just info on your license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back