Archived Terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
No banking info, no as, just my drivers license and stacks of $100.
Drivers license gives them all the info they need. Assuming it was a legitimate ID. If not, that title is pretty worthless.

Oh yeah, paying that much money in $100's probably got you flagged on the 8300 form as a suspicious purchase as well. Good luck with that one....

Drivers license gives them all the info they need. Assuming it was a legitimate ID. If not, that title is pretty worthless.

Oh yeah, paying that much money in $100's probably got you flagged on the 8300 form as a suspicious purchase as well. Good luck with that one....

It doesn't give all the information. Social security numbers are required. Last place I worked involved expensive purchases. Even the people paying 100% on date of sale still had to provide their SSN, and if paying actual cash in the amount of $3000 or more there were IRS forms to fill out. We also had to get verification of address if the address didn't match the license. And if a woman claimed a name not on her license, she had to provide proof of her name. Copies of the marriage license were not allowed as proof of name as marriage does not require a woman to change her name. And that was with us playing fast and loose with the laws in order to facilitate a quick sale, too many legal roadblocks could kill the deal.

They did drive to your store? Pd would have fun stopping them for a traffic stop.

If referring to my post, it wasn't a store, it was in the tourism industry. People on vacation usually have money to spend, and some people for some crazy reason carry a huge amount of cash as their vacation money. Biggest actual cash transaction I saw (and I'm glad I was a witness, not the one counting it) was $8000 cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back