Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batteries are the worst. Will get entire cases in my electronics pulls and they're all 100% full.

SUBT9999 that shit!
Are you sure that they don't also go on the battery outposts? Pulls don't care where it goes, just that it goes.

Well I can't check the whole store, but the ones in the back part of the store are usually always full too.
No, but you sending them back as backstock rather than letting the LOD know that the rest of the batteries are ready to be pushed isn't helping anything.
In my store they don't let us STO batteries. We put them all in a couple of 3-tiers and have someone take the carts around to fill the battery aisle and outposts daily.

Are you sure that they don't also go on the battery outposts? Pulls don't care where it goes, just that it goes.

Well I can't check the whole store, but the ones in the back part of the store are usually always full too.
No, but you sending them back as backstock rather than letting the LOD know that the rest of the batteries are ready to be pushed isn't helping anything.
In my store they don't let us STO batteries. We put them all in a couple of 3-tiers and have someone take the carts around to fill the battery aisle and outposts daily.
how does that work out for you during 4th quarter. We usually get buried in batteries. Not bsing them would eat up a ton of carts.

how does that work out for you during 4th quarter. We usually get buried in batteries. Not bsing them would eat up a ton of carts.
It works out good during 4th qtr. We are a small store though, we can almost always fit all of them into 2 3-tiers, even during 4th qtr. Back when I first started we were backstocking all of the batteries, but I like the new method of leaving them in carts much better.

Being on the IS sales floor team I HATE anything that is not in location. Don't mess with my counts sanity, man!! ;)

I've had times where I've had to call ETLs to help with the CAF pulls because backroom team members backstocked using only STO. Backstocking that way that way only causes more work for everyone in the store. You're basically just giving yourself more work. I think the whole thing is hilarious because I've had instances in which I've heard a flow team member and an early morning backroom team member comment on me pulling so much stuff and saying how they just backstocked. I laugh because it's like "I pulled it because you're a lazy bum". That's what I would love to say. Maybe when my time is done at Target, I will say that. I think most of them know that it will come back as backstock, they just don't care because it doesn't affect them. However, there are a select few that are either puzzled by it or in denial and claim that using SUBT999 with STO creates errors. I just want to throw steaming bowel of elephant pee on them when they act like that.
And again I'm the type of the person that thinks if you get mad about me pulling stuff that you just backstocked the wrong way then let's switch tasks. You can have fun pulling the CAF pulls and I can backstock the right way.

My tl doesn't like using subt. Only a couple people on our team even know subt exists. Honestly, a lot of these guys have a hard time bsing normally; let alone adding in an additional step. I can only imagine how terrible the counts would be.

I've had times where I've had to call ETLs to help with the CAF pulls because backroom team members backstocked using only STO. Backstocking that way that way only causes more work for everyone in the store. You're basically just giving yourself more work. I think the whole thing is hilarious because I've had instances in which I've heard a flow team member and an early morning backroom team member comment on me pulling so much stuff and saying how they just backstocked. I laugh because it's like "I pulled it because you're a lazy bum". That's what I would love to say. Maybe when my time is done at Target, I will say that. I think most of them know that it will come back as backstock, they just don't care because it doesn't affect them. However, there are a select few that are either puzzled by it or in denial and claim that using SUBT999 with STO creates errors. I just want to throw steaming bowel of elephant pee on them when they act like that.
And again I'm the type of the person that thinks if you get mad about me pulling stuff that you just backstocked the wrong way then let's switch tasks. You can have fun pulling the CAF pulls and I can backstock the right way.

Target does not like people using SUBT9999 because it implies the system does not work. I know many stores where if you are caught using it you get a write up. The only time Target even admits it exists is when whatever new software they role out takes a huge crap and suddenly they want you to use it.

Target does not like people using SUBT9999 because it implies the system does not work. I know many stores where if you are caught using it you get a write up. The only time Target even admits it exists is when whatever new software they role out takes a huge crap and suddenly they want you to use it.

We once had an ETL-LOG get chewed out by our DTL because she made SUBT 9999 backstock clips that we would put on killed sales planners, POG resets and other items we knew were completely full on the floor. That was the last time an ETL at our store advocated doing that.

I thought I heard at one point that SUBT9999 was best practice for resetting the accumulator. Did Spot change its mind again?

I thought I heard at one point that SUBT9999 was best practice for resetting the accumulator. Did Spot change its mind again?

It is still best practice for resetting the accumulator. The problem comes in when everyone just backstocks everything using that instead of sto. If it aint full on the floor and your resetting your causing more issues. This is why most stores have gone to "use it, your in trouble" because misuse of it is causing more issues then anything.

I feel better for using it then.

RIP to those who had to pull price change tonight, if your store was putting all the patio furniture on clearance like mine was. Why do we always have so much in backstock? Every year!

[/QUOTE]We once had an ETL-LOG get chewed out by our DTL because she made SUBT 9999 backstock clips that we would put on killed sales planners, POG resets and other items we knew were completely full on the floor. That was the last time an ETL at our store advocated doing that.[/QUOTE]

We have full laminated signs that go on killed sales planners. Our DTL has seen them on the line. Our backroom is expected to use it and will be questioned if they don't.

I had 19 pallets of seasonal furniture for price change tonight. Ridiculous. I'm sure certain individuals from the early morning backroom team will still complain about the leftover back stock in the morning. How can you back stock when you are pulling clearance for 3 hours? The sad thing is that no grills got pulled so that means probably in a couple of weeks or a month, the grills will go too. I guess on the bright side, it's good they didn't get pulled. I would have had like probably 4 or 5 more pallets.

I would like to think that as tech savy as Spot is, they could come up with an app ( other than subt) to backstock , sales planners, pog resets etc, ...so that it wouldn't turn around and pull it out again. Using subt to backstock is time consuming BUT it is better than having it come out in the cafs...having to repush it then re backstock it again. They re did the subt function with an app maybe soon they will come up with something for the other issues

Last edited:
SUBT9999 is actually best practice for resetting accumulator. No one should get in trouble unless you're always doing it. Some stores only backstock that way to avoid errors. You can also sto 900 plus the quantity you're backstocking and toggle to subt and subt the 900 out. Also the best way to avoid counting anything like bts supplies I have my team NQ It. Where you just subt the item where you want to put it and just hit return and it is located without quantity.

RIP to those who had to pull price change tonight, if your store was putting all the patio furniture on clearance like mine was. Why do we always have so much in backstock? Every year!
We were lucky we haven't had any patio in the back for two weeks now. When it was I cartwheel for 40 percent off we got everything to the floor and sold a ton

This has probably been covered somewhere, but after searching couldn't find anything. When I am pushing, if I come across something that has no location and says active not on planogram I usually backstock it. Today doing challenge this came up. I felt it should be flexed out because it came up challenge. What is the correct thing to do. Thank you Also, along the same line, if it says discontinued not on planogram I always flex it out. Is this correct thinking?
i
Not on Plano items always come up challenge because it does not have a capacity so that means it is neither 0 or 99 so the system assumes if it has 1on hand it will go to the floor. Yes active nop should be backstocked then mysupported to have it on an up coming plano or Mark down

I was told that only using SUBT999 to back stock would create ghosts.

I was told that only using SUBT999 to back stock would create ghosts.

Whoever told you that is full of shit. There's a reason why it's called SUBT9999, not STO9999.

If you only backstocked with SUBT9999, you wouldn't create errors. You might reset the accumulator when it's not necessary, leading to outs on the sales floor and eventually large instocks batches, but there's no way using SUBT9999 would create ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back