Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? Does BR end up pulling it? Or does it simply get erased from the system after 72 hrs?
I forget the exact time frame but after 48-72 hours, the accumulator on the pog drops back down and things will begin dropping in autofills. As far as I know, the batches don't fall out of the gun so letting them set for more than 48 hours can be damaging.

So I've now heard 2 conflicting answers on this...

If you're unable to complete a set of CAFs in an hour that won't roll over (the hour before price change and the last CAFs of the night), does it still ding the CAF timeliness score? I was told no by one person because they have nothing to roll over to. An ETL said though that they will ding the score. Which one is right?

So I've now heard 2 conflicting answers on this...

If you're unable to complete a set of CAFs in an hour that won't roll over (the hour before price change and the last CAFs of the night), does it still ding the CAF timeliness score? I was told no by one person because they have nothing to roll over to. An ETL said though that they will ding the score. Which one is right?

I believe the one hour limit applies to every round of CAFs.

Quick question about backstocking seasonal things. I have been locu-ing our whole stationary aisle because we have a new person who made a complete mess of it and I kept finding a ton of issues while I was pulling. While I was doing this I was finding a different cards, tissue paper, and little decorations for Halloween/Christmas/Thanksgiving that were still located back there. What is the best thing to do with those? I asked the ESTL and she said to just backstock them again but I'm guessing that they will just be sitting there forever now because it is highly unlikely the store will have those items again once the holiday comes around. What do you guys do when you come across things like that?

Quick question about backstocking seasonal things. I have been locu-ing our whole stationary aisle because we have a new person who made a complete mess of it and I kept finding a ton of issues while I was pulling. While I was doing this I was finding a different cards, tissue paper, and little decorations for Halloween/Christmas/Thanksgiving that were still located back there. What is the best thing to do with those? I asked the ESTL and she said to just backstock them again but I'm guessing that they will just be sitting there forever now because it is highly unlikely the store will have those items again once the holiday comes around. What do you guys do when you come across things like that?

You could MySupport it but I would check the on-hand, if it's zero, it's likely it was already salvaged out in the system, so you can just give it to your receiver or price change team to send it out with the salvage pallet. You could also SIM it and add it to a clearance endcap, someone will buy it.

Anyone getting batches completing themselves? For example, I was in a diaper batch pulling from the diaper aisle. It then sent me to the metal, which I then left the batch to work on others nearby. Once I left the batch, the batch said "batch complete, no items left." I know no one else was in the batch pulling.

Is it possible someone subtracted the diapers you were going to pull between the time you started the batch and when it said complete? The only reason it would do that is if the last item was no longer in the locations you first applied.

Why is it that sometimes the system asks for a quantity when I backstock and sometimes it does not? Also when does the "Did you pull all" question prompt?

Why is it that sometimes the system asks for a quantity when I backstock and sometimes it does not? Also when does the "Did you pull all" question prompt?
some pipo paper (sadly # of these are dwindling fast) items don't count. pipo water pallets like market pantry don't count. Some softlines don't count. buck doesn't count. It was done so we don't waste our time counting high volume items.

The did you pull all question prompts when you put in a # that is greater than what it asks for. Or if it is one of those non counting items. Or if there was a baffle.

some pipo paper (sadly # of these are dwindling fast) items don't count. pipo water pallets like market pantry don't count. Some softlines don't count. buck doesn't count. It was done so we don't waste our time counting high volume items.

The did you pull all question prompts when you put in a # that is greater than what it asks for. Or if it is one of those non counting items. Or if there was a baffle.

Some hairsprays also don't have any #s

Thanks that does make sense.

Another thing I noticed is that backstocking something in the wrong fill group DOES NOT create an error. For example, backstocking diapers in the chemical aisle isn't going to create an error.

Aisles aren't assigned to a fill group in the system. The only thing that really assigns them is the aisle board that we come up with, nothing else. Can someone confirm?

The STL is also always talking about the BR TM error report and asked why the number of total errors in the BR doesn't add up with the total number of errors on the BR TM report. Well I said it's because the TM report will give an error to a TM if it knows who was in a specific location prior. Then he asked if we can do a contest based on TM errors and whatnot. Does anyone else do this? What are some other specifics with that report and how it works?

Last edited:
Thanks that does make sense. Another thing I noticed is that backstocking something in the wrong fill group DOES NOT create an error. For example, backstocking diapers in the chemical aisle isn't going to create an error.

Aisles aren't assigned to a fill group in the system. The only thing that really assigns them is the aisle board that we come up with, nothing else.
As it should be to allow a level of flexibility. That being said don't backstock in the wrong aisles as it will effect pulls. Setting up for quick and easy pulls is a main concern of backstocking.

ya...i pretty much have no idea how that tm error report works. like im pretty sure u get the error when you find it. i also count all my dpci and it always say 100% locu next to my name so is it saying I locu'd something but actually left something there on accident and someone scanned it after?

well if I locu'd it then why the heck would it take someone there to scan in that spot to find an error to begin with?!?!?!

ya...i pretty much have no idea how that tm error report works. like im pretty sure u get the error when you find it. i also count all my dpci and it always say 100% locu next to my name so is it saying I locu'd something but actually left something there on accident and someone scanned it after?

well if I locu'd it then why the heck would it take someone there to scan in that spot to find an error to begin with?!?!?!
Did you relocate product using locu? If you scan something while still in locu it is pretty easy to accidentally relocate an item, especially items that don't get counted.

Thanks that does make sense.

Another thing I noticed is that backstocking something in the wrong fill group DOES NOT create an error. For example, backstocking diapers in the chemical aisle isn't going to create an error.

Aisles aren't assigned to a fill group in the system. The only thing that really assigns them is the aisle board that we come up with, nothing else. Can someone confirm?

The STL is also always talking about the BR TM error report and asked why the number of total errors in the BR doesn't add up with the total number of errors on the BR TM report. Well I said it's because the TM report will give an error to a TM if it knows who was in a specific location prior. Then he asked if we can do a contest based on TM errors and whatnot. Does anyone else do this? What are some other specifics with that report and how it works?

The TM detail report only counts "baffles" not other types of errors.

For example, my store is currently having an issue with lazy TMs putting things on shelves/in wacos without actually STOing it in. When someone "finds" those items by scanning it - its an error even though it isn't (usually) assigned to a TM, because the system has no idea who is really to blame for not STOing it.

Also everytime you use M delete or enter in a quantity less than the system asks for (for items with counts) it counts as an error, but doesn't show up on the TM report because there is no way of knowing if the fault lies with the original backstocker, someone who pulled too many, someone who forgot to subt, etc.

The audit batch gives a summary of errors when you complete it. What I am unsure of is how the audit batch is generated. I assume it is based in the above scenarios Anyone know?

Back to the baffle report. Our store definitely looks at it but not as a contest. We write up people who consistently have a high number of errors. Its pretty easy to never have any though if you are careful.

And no, the aisles are definitely not tied to any particular fill group in any official capacity, just the signs on the end. But we also write people up who consistently put things in the wrong location because A) it shows they aren't looking for already existing locations to put the item and B) because it slows down efficiency when you are pulling a batch and have to jump around aisles or even go to the other stockroom on the other side of the store for something that shouldn't be there in the first place.

My store used to "cheat" the system by never using M-delete. Instead we would exit the batch, locu and then rebackstock everything. This usually worked except a few times the batch would continue asking for something that wasn't there. Its buggy and my understanding is that for whatever reason, occasionally locu doesn't change the system immediately.

it always say 100% locu next to my name so is it saying I locu'd something but actually left something there on accident and someone scanned it after?

That's exactly what the LOCU error means on the TM report: You updated a location and forgot to scan something back into location.

Either the count audit went to the location after you LOCU'd or a batch went to that location for something else.

And no, the aisles are definitely not tied to any particular fill group in any official capacity, just the signs on the end. But we also write people up who consistently put things in the wrong location because A) it shows they aren't looking for already existing locations to put the item and B) because it slows down efficiency when you are pulling a batch and have to jump around aisles or even go to the other stockroom on the other side of the store for something that shouldn't be there in the first place.
I wish my store had accountability like this. Merchandise is always in the wrong aisle or the team ignores guidelines like litter not being stowed over food. Sterlitech would have a field day in our pet aisle. If I had a dollar for every time a new age diaper (BB01 fillgroup) pulled from the diaper aisle (totally different ends of the stock room), I could retire early.

That's exactly what the LOCU error means on the TM report: You updated a location and forgot to scan something back into location.

Either the count audit went to the location after you LOCU'd or a batch went to that location for something else.

Do you think thats the case though because the count audit doesn't register errors does it? Simply fixes them. Wondering to the other poster's point, how the system comes up with the LOCU errors or percentage under BRLA TM report.

Last edited:

I wish my store had accountability like this. Merchandise is always in the wrong aisle or the team ignores guidelines like litter not being stowed over food. Sterlitech would have a field day in our pet aisle. If I had a dollar for every time a new age diaper (BB01 fillgroup) pulled from the diaper aisle (totally different ends of the stock room), I could retire early.
Crazy BR TL can help with that I remember once our BR TL reprimanded an ETL over the backstock cart(which was a completely mess) that they handed to the backroom thanks to a "smart huddle". "IS THIS HOW WE DO THINGS?! DONT GIVE US CRAP. GO BACK AND ORGANIZE IT SO WE CAN BACKSTOCK." Very demanding BR TL but always stringent on following guidelines, can get annoying but it's nice when you notice certain things working exactly like they should. Wish Flow TL would be as stringent on properly stocking, so much time wasted on overstocking issues.

the count audit doesn't register errors
Well, no, it doesn't but that's because the error was recorded when the error was found the first time around during a CAF or other batch. If audits added to TM error counts, it would effectively double it in most instances. I was just giving reasons why a location may get revisited after being updated.

I must've found done baffles because I pulled an item for PC, but left it in the location. When I went back today, it was in location. I assume it was fixed in the audit since it had a quantity. Will it show up under y-usage baffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back