Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once pulled pc for 5 hours and 3 of it was OT. They had me come in the next morning and pull it for another 3.

So apparently 6 hour CAFs are a thing...

View attachment 1141
Someone in the backroom did a subt 999, to avoid pulling the prepaid cards. I found over 200 Itunes cards not located in my stockroom. I took them all because I had none on the floor. I go through the prepaid cards in the back room to fill the floor. I am the reason it happens is, that pog ties the cards end caps & never fills/sets them. My 1 end cap still has Christmas pics on it with a current tie number.

I pulled price change from 630pm to 1030pm tonight. 10 pallets. Tons of housewares.

I pulled from 6 to 9:30 but with a break and lunch. Ended up with 3 flat beds and 7 tubs. I could barely get any bs done but thankfully we don't have a truck tomorrow.

LMAO! I didn't do any back stock. After I finished price change, I got the fuck out. I was supposed to be off at 7pm.

Does anyone use the myDevice to backstock? About a couple months ago, I was told backstocking with myDevices created errors in the backroom, but I haven't heard anything about those particular system glitches being fixed yet. My store has the problem of not having enough PDAs to go around.

Does anyone use the myDevice to backstock? About a couple months ago, I was told backstocking with myDevices created errors in the backroom, but I haven't heard anything about those particular system glitches being fixed yet. My store has the problem of not having enough PDAs to go around.
I use it when I can and haven't had any problems. It shows you where and how many are in location as soon as you stow an item, so I don't see how it is creating errors. I'm not sure if any baffles caused when using it shows up on the BRLA report though.

We were told the same thing. Something about the items appearing to be located but becoming unlocated later. I don't exactly understand how that happens, but we don't use the mydevices to backstock anymore.

I have a feeling it was just incompetent users drawing conclusions as to why our BRLA was so bad.

We were told the same thing. Something about the items appearing to be located but becoming unlocated later. I don't exactly understand how that happens, but we don't use the mydevices to backstock anymore.

I have a feeling it was just incompetent users drawing conclusions as to why our BRLA was so bad.

We actually put this to test at my store. We had a huge spike one week in errors in which we were using MyDevices because we had a few PDA's that were broken. At times, they will work just fine and whatever was BS'd stayed located until sent to pull. Other times, things would seemingly un-located themselves usually overnight. Very closed back-room with dedicated closers who were never sent to the areas where we tested this idea.

I had this issue in market. I believe it's a disconnect between the mydevice and pda. If I backstock with a mydevice then backroom pulls with a pda it would still show as there.

Ex. Backstock case of 12 raspberries. Go back next truck, none left on shelf. Go to backstock more and all 12 think they are there. Pulled report and last backstock was me, so nobody added any.

I can't recall if it was still happening, but I don't remember getting a concrete fix from Otherguy either.

Well shit, now I feel bad for all the times I spent a day backstocking with a myDevice.

Price change was ridiculous last night. 5 repack boxes full of cups from one aisle alone. All in all price change was 13 vehicles.

Price change only took 20 minutes tonight. I will almost come clean with backstock tonight. Does anyone know when bts goes clearance? We have about 15 tubs of it currently that they want us to backstock.

According to our price change team, BTS goes to clearance next week.

We're taking double trailers tomorrow and the first one came this evening. Apparently loading trucks is a game of tetris with how some of that stuff was stacked. I must admit it was sort of fun to help unload the trailer. Now I know what flow deals with.

I have a receiving question. So one day a Coke vendor wanted to do a transfer to take the product out of our store & to another Target the same day. Now is that done as a store to store transfer or does it need to be done as a credit in that case?

We did ended up not doing it for many reasons but mostly because the request was so late in the day that there was no guarantee that it would be able to be received in that day. Plus, the fact that the vendor eventually said that store was receiving a delivery the next day.

Last edited:
Huh. I haven't noticed anyone saying anything about the new PDA software update. I hate it mostly because when pulling batches, the PDA will still freeze up (not as often as it used to, but it still does for us) and apparently you can't Ctrl+X anymore to cold boot it.

I'm not sure what other changes they made to the software though, wish there was some sort of changelog or announcement about these things. When we had the update, it was when I came in early for the audit (our audits have gone up in the last couple of months from ~100 to ~200 items scanned) as well as in the middle of 4AM autofills for the other TMs and none of the higher-ups had any idea it was even happening.

I hate that you can't Control-X anymore.

The PDA now makes a loud beep when you scan something(similar to scanning in RF Apps) in the web apps now (flex fulfillment, SUBT, Item Search).

I have a receiving question. So one day a Coke vendor wanted to do a transfer to take the product out of our store & to another Target the same day. Now is that done as a store to store transfer or does it need to be done as a credit in that case?

We did ended up not doing it for many reasons but mostly because the request was so late in the day that there was no guarantee that it would be able to be received in that day. Plus, the fact that the vendor eventually said that store was receiving a delivery the next day.
They would just write you a credit. In doing so, you would effectively be selling the product back to them and they can do with it as they please. I guess you COULD just do a store transfer but that would be a risky move since Coke would be doing the transfer. If they decide to take the product elsewhere, it just goes *poof* and your store takes the loss.

I hate that you can't Control-X anymore.

The PDA now makes a loud beep when you scan something(similar to scanning in RF Apps) in the web apps now (flex fulfillment, SUBT, Item Search).
Bandaid over the speaker will help with the beep...

I did that to all the SFS PDAs because everyone including myself was complaining. But then the stupid person I work with claimed they needed to hear the beeps and undid them.

I did that to all the SFS PDAs because everyone including myself was complaining. But then the stupid person I work with claimed they needed to hear the beeps and undid them.
Ours are pretty ratty looking at this point. You can still hear it, just not as loud...

I need to hear the beeps :p

I will be putting a piece of tape over it. It's ridiculous.

Why did I never know about this Ctrl+X function. I feel cheated out of something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back