Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why people don't want you to backstock in locu? It's a lot easier when fixing locations.

Hello so I have question about backroom and assumed this might be the thread to post it. So today is my first closing backroom shift and I was wondering what are the things I have to have done before the end of the night. I know set the line, push any left over cafs, backstock any stuff left there, and make sure the cardboard is dealt with. Is there anything else i'm supposed to do?

Pull price change..

Just thought I'd give my two cents as a Backroom team member who certainly burns batches. I very rarely burn items from exf's or pog's, but we're given such little time to pull so much and quite often the system is wrong. We learn to burn what needs to be
I'm a burning pro! I rarely mess up!
i would be doing some exf's on diapers. I had to pull & push 2 pallets of diapers. Because backroom burned the batches. You wonder why sales are down & payroll hours are reduced at your store.

Like do you people actually load up a tub with 18 cases of water right when it asks? If so I wish I had the time/coverage you do.
Oh hell no. Water gets pushed only in the morning after the autofills are pulled. Whichever BRTM is working in bulk will take care of it.

i would be doing some exf's on diapers. I had to pull & push 2 pallets of diapers. Because backroom burned the batches. You wonder why sales are down & payroll hours are reduced at your store.

Don't blame me, blame the requirements. I guarantee I do twice as much physical labor as you on any given day. When we had the fit bit challenge at our store my steps were DOUBLE the person in second place. Backroom is overworked to the bone. At least those of us who are doing it right. You can't complain when you ask me to part the great sea.

That's I don't ask the backroom to pull my stuff. I do it myself. I know how the backroom runs, along pushing a truck. I could imagine how many batches you burned till the product when ptm or clearance. Spot will see the pattern. I did get 26k steps on Sunday, because it me & another tm on salesfloor.

Last edited:
If spot will see the pattern it sure is talking Spot a long time to see. Like I said I've worked at several targets over the years and it's always been the same. We can only be expected to do so much.

That's I don't ask the backroom to pull my stuff. I do it myself. I know how the backroom runs, along pushing a truck. I could imagine how many batches you burned till the product when ptm or clearance. Spot will see the pattern. I did get 26k steps on Sunday, because it me & another tm on salesfloor.
At my store you can quite easily get 40 batches of EXFs in a gun during a week if we just let the TLs/brand TM etc pull their EXFs. Our Closer clears any Exfs not pulled for the day unless directed otherwise, we leave notes on whiteboard in the back for them otherwise, TL has to communicate not to pull it or else the BR will.

Maybe if TL would tell brtms to pull items they wouldn't get burned.

Someone dropped an excellent before I left for a 60inch smart TV. Where the fuck is that going to go? We dont stock them on the floor so I burned that shit lmao.

Maybe if TL would tell brtms to pull items they wouldn't get burned.

Someone dropped an excellent before I left for a 60inch smart TV. Where the fuck is that going to go? We dont stock them on the floor so I burned that shit lmao.
That tv might on sale & place in front of the boat. A friend who was at another store took a picture of they saw. But, every store is different.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
I think it's because locu doesn't tell you which fill group the item belongs to while sto does.

Pretty much also while stoing you can put items in location that are already backstocked together.

I rarely burn batches, but I ran into a situation today where it was necessary. The 3 o'clock CAFs asked me to pull 10 eaches of this cooler, and I know for a fact that there would be no more than two locations for it and neither had a capacity of 5. There was only one location and it had a capacity of 1, so I just put the ones I had already pulled on the Backstock line to deal with later and sent out one casepack (2 eaches) just to be safe. Lo and behold, one each came back.

Also, I actually got coached today by my ETL-OPS for not having a perfect Pick on Time. All because of those SPUs that were dropping in past their goal time, which must have still counted against me. I explained this to her, and that the BRTL had already mySupported the issue, and her answer was basically just "Tough luck, that's not an excuse." WHAT THE FUCK?! In what way is it my fault that these SPUs drop in over a half hour after their goal time?! I even went onto myPerformance and pointed out each and every one of them that were under my name, and every single one was one that dropped in late. Plus, multiple of them had an absurd pick time because they were orders that had multiple items and some where unfullfilled, so I had to wait for the LOD to INF the relevant ones before I could put the picked items into hold, which took them forever to get to. How ridiculously unfair.

SPU Pick on Time

I've had that issue of orders dropping near its goal time. It's been awhile, so I can't comment on how we fixed them. Every once in awhile, we get orders with a 2 hour goal. When it comes to the LoD not cancelling orders ahead of time, especially when you have other items, find that person. "Force" them to take accountability to do their job correctly, so you can do yours correctly as well. I've had instances where mine did the same. From my experience, those who don't know Logistic's responsibility, are not quick to respond when needed.

Just another day in Log's life.

Our store makes us call the lod for inf flexs. It sucks because I'll look for a softline item, can't find it, then get a softline tm to help, still can't find it. Now I have to call the lod to look and it takes them like 10 to even get over there because they were discussing next week's lunch plans and then we still cant find it. 40 mins wasted. Not only was the pick not found, of was over the 1 hour goal time as well because apparently calling the lod will somehow make the item appear.

We also get flexes that drop like 2 hours late

Has anyone figured out if there is a reason for some flexes dropping with a 2 hour goal time? I love it when it happens, but I can't seem to find any patterns. At first I thought it was just for Flexes that dropped during CAF times, but then both one hour and two hour goal time SPUs started dropping during CAFs.

Has anyone figured out if there is a reason for some flexes dropping with a 2 hour goal time? I love it when it happens, but I can't seem to find any patterns. At first I thought it was just for Flexes that dropped during CAF times, but then both one hour and two hour goal time SPUs started dropping during CAFs.
Nope, it still seems pretty random.

Even though it says 2 hours, I can't trust that at all until we get some sort of official explanation.

@mobilelady, do you know anyone who works on flexible fulfillment who might be able to explain this? Or do your people only work on the MyDevices?

My store has started having backroom do all Flex Fulfillment pulls while having only one person scheduled during pulls, so I've gotten pretty good at doing them quite quickly, though women's clothing is hell. I've yet to see any with 2 hour time limits though, The only time the time limit should be over an hour is at the end of the night when the time limit is till 9am. We're pretty much told to drop everything when one appears, so even if I saw a 2 hour one I'd still be expected to do it right away, we do our auto pulls differently now at our store. (1pm grocery pulls and 3pm everything else pulls) with 2 hour limits each, so autos are not as rushed now.

@mobilelady, do you know anyone who works on flexible fulfillment who might be able to explain this? Or do your people only work on the MyDevices?

Got this answer from some peeps at HQ:
Yes-it still is one hour. Stores have been getting confused on the date stamps I know (like it will show an earlier date stamp than when it dropped in). They're still goaled for an hour after it drops in. I know there was also some issue where a bunch of stores changed their operating hours, and that was having some sort of effect on orders.

Hopefully this helps!

Anybody else dedicate 1hr the night before a truck arrive to clear & set the line? My line always have flats, pallets (plastics, diaper bulk,etc), push carts (autofills the truck team didn't do). I move everything on the sales floor right in front of the TV wall while the store is still open! and pretty much cover the back wall. before the new ETLS this used to not be a problem.

This used to be us but now the BR closer isn't even scheduled to do the Price Changes at night so flow has to come in early and do it. The TV wall gets completely covered and we even have to block off entire aisles in the store with pallets. Can't imagine what the early morning shoppers think or why they keep coming back.

The TV wall gets completely covered and we even have to block off entire aisles in the store with pallets. Can't imagine what the early morning shoppers think or why they keep coming back.
Most truck days that backwall and those pallets are in the way until 2-3 in the afternoon. I too am amazed that guests come back. But then again sales have been tanking for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back