Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have extremely low hours for BR on this 10 day out? We're under 150 where we might average 200.
My store lost 80-90 backroom hours on the new schedule. Went from 240-250 down to 160, and we're not even starting the grocery rollout yet.

Question: how does your store push/backstock BUCK? I have such a small area to work with in back and it's always red for loc accuracy. Before this last reset there were 5, maybe more!, dpcis tossed into wacos and it was nearly impossible to pull properly. I wanted to go no open stock, all casepack, write remaining number on the outside of the box, but that takes up too much space. Peer wanted to go unlocated and pull off the shelf as needed..but idk how I feel about that. Was considering using long skinny wacos, but there's plenty of buck that won't fit in those! Ugggh.
Guest services pushes freight and pulls for it.

As for backstock, we have only 4 sections of light duty, so it fills up fast. We use pog fills a lot to empty it out, especially with seasonal crap that goes up there. We expand into other nearby sections if needed, but most of the year it doesn't get too crazy thanks to the cycling of seasonal pogs.

So market team took backroom hours wtf?! 25hrs down to 17hrs. Rather than assigning BRTMs to do some of the market stuff, they just take away our hours?

Until now I manage to get at least 35+ by the end of the week but starting from 17hrs, the hell?!

So market team took backroom hours wtf?! 25hrs down to 17hrs. Rather than assigning BRTMs to do some of the market stuff, they just take away our hours?

Until now I manage to get at least 35+ by the end of the week but starting from 17hrs, the hell?!

Yes same thing happened here but when BRLA tanked in market we took dry over and have a dedicated BR pull dry+backstock

My store lost 80-90 backroom hours on the new schedule. Went from 240-250 down to 160, and we're not even starting the grocery rollout yet.
Backroom hours are supposed to go down like 25% or someting while flow lost 12%. I've argued it does not take me fucking over a quarter of my payroll to backstock market. Meanwhile, flow spends over half their time in market.

Question: how does your store push/backstock BUCK? I have such a small area to work with in back and it's always red for loc accuracy. Before this last reset there were 5, maybe more!, dpcis tossed into wacos and it was nearly impossible to pull properly. I wanted to go no open stock, all casepack, write remaining number on the outside of the box, but that takes up too much space. Peer wanted to go unlocated and pull off the shelf as needed..but idk how I feel about that. Was considering using long skinny wacos, but there's plenty of buck that won't fit in those! Ugggh.
After a box is opened, we cut the flaps off and backstock it so that we can continue pulling items out of the box easily. Once the box is empty enough, we pull the required quantity, select 'yes,' and sto the remaining stuff in a waco. We use one side of an aisle with 3 4ft sections and 2 3ft. The aisle is set up with lower-open stock shelf-12x24 wacos-6x24 wacos-5ish upper locations. You don't really need to write the number on the box since BUCK is N-Q.

Last edited:
There was an exact percentage of payroll cut for market rollout, it was pretty significant for BR, I thought 40ish % but I can't recall. But, it doesn't make sense because dry market is maybe a couple of hours on truck days and I used to backstock FDC myself when I was BRTM in like 2-3 hours...

Buck always makes me nervous, I'd rather keep the shit out of location if necessary, same principle for market team. The less that's located, the less people can mess it up.

BUCK is not back stocked at my store. They have it on a wheeled metro rack, and push it from that every morning.

There is no more backroom team at my store we are in full End 2 End mode get ready guys and gals. We went from about 12 backroom TMs to two. We have one TM 6am-230 to pull and push autofills and a second TM 230-11 to pull and push CAFs and drop, pull and push manuals.

Last edited:
Backroom hours are supposed to go down like 25% or someting while flow lost 12%. I've argued it does not take me fucking over a quarter of my payroll to backstock market. Meanwhile, flow spends over half their time in market.
Yeah it's so stupid. There is one beast backroom tm who backstocks all of grocery in under 2 hours, so that's about 8 hours of payroll per week.

The explanation for the drop in hours even though the market rollout isn't starting yet is because electronics and cosmetics are now going to e2e. Even though they still don't have time to do their own pulls or backstock...

There is no more backroom team at my store we are in full End 2 End mode get ready guys and gals. We went from about 12 backroom TMs to two. We have one TM 6am-230 to pull and push autofills and a second TM 230-11 to pull and push CAFs and drop, pull and push manuals.
If you're down to just an opener and a closer every day, that's at least 3 TMs...

What happens to the BRTL?

What do the remaining BRTMs do when there's nothing to pull or push? (Do they still do 12 steps?)

Do the end to end teams take care of all backstock, including stuff scanned as backstock during the unload?

Those are all my questions too! As well as what who handles the flexes? And what size volume are you? How long have you been on E2E?

Anyone see this new #suspect items on the Tm baffle page..and what exactly does it mean

If you're down to just an opener and a closer every day, that's at least 3 TMs...

What do the remaining BRTMs do when there's nothing to pull or push? (Do they still do 12 steps?)

Do the end to end teams take care of all backstock, including stuff scanned as backstock during the unload?

There is literally two of us "dedicated" BR TMs. We have TMs that were backroom before the change fill in for us on our days off. Everyone from flow/backroom/instocks/Plano/pricing are now all scheduled under sales floor and are given a dedicated area. This also includes the BRTL.

The opening BR pulls autofills and pushes them so this alone takes up a good chunk of their time having to do it alone.

The end to end team takes care of their own backstock. We don't scan the truck it is all pushed to the floor. There still is backstock left after they leave since most days they can barely even finish pushing the truck. Backroom closer is strictly pulling/pushing manual cafs.

Last edited:
Those are all my questions too! As well as what who handles the flexes? And what size volume are you? How long have you been on E2E?
It's an A volume store. Usually in the morning the dedicated SFS handles the flexes. The BR closer still takes care of them at night. We rolled out the market e2e about two months ago that actually seems to be running pretty smoothly. As for the whole store we've been on this since the beginning of April.

End to end team members take care of everything that is for their little bubble in the store. So essentials takes care of all of the health stuff, stuff in gondolas etc. "Style" takes care of all the bedding, bath, beauty stuff and so on and so on. The BRTL is in control of his own team out on the sales floor now and that whole team is responsible for their own pricing, POGs etc.

At my store, all of our backroom TMs got switched to a team, and they're pretty much doing what they were doing which is pulling, backstocking and what not for their own team. When they're done, they are to go out on the floor and help sales floor tasks, backup and help with pogs and pricing. Everyone is doing a little bit of everything.

At my store, I handle all of the flexes on SFS. There's only one of me, though and I'm out the door no later than 5, so someone who is trained on flex orders is in charge of looking out for them for the res of the night.

Anyone see this new #suspect items on the Tm baffle page..and what exactly does it mean
It shows you who has been burning batches, aka pulling and restoing in the same location. My only issue with this is that as soon as team members catch wind of the metric, they will just say they pulled the item and leave it in location without restoing it which will totally screw BRLA

End to end team members take care of everything that is for their little bubble in the store. So essentials takes care of all of the health stuff, stuff in gondolas etc. "Style" takes care of all the bedding, bath, beauty stuff and so on and so on.
Yeah I realize that's what is supposed to be happening, but I was curious to know if people are going 100% into this.

It shows you who has been burning batches, aka pulling and restoing in the same location. My only issue with this is that as soon as team members catch wind of the metric, they will just say they pulled the item and leave it in location without restoing it which will totally screw BRLA
Ok so I just need to move the item to another location or log out of rf apps and log back in under another TMs number to re-sto it.

...Who am I kidding, nobody looks at backroom metrics at my store.

Out of curiosity, anyone know how to turn the PDA button backlights on/off? Found one eons ago and thought the blue glow was because it got involved in a freak chemical spill, but eventually realized the buttons had a backlight on it. Would be really useful to use at will in dark places (and to just make it look cool).

Out of curiosity, anyone know how to turn the PDA button backlights on/off? Found one eons ago and thought the blue glow was because it got involved in a freak chemical spill, but eventually realized the buttons had a backlight on it. Would be really useful to use at will in dark places (and to just make it look cool).

Should be blue button then z

Soo, when I know that the only sales floor location is a display for that 50 inch + tv,,,that will only go out to come back again, to be back stocked,,,,I'm gonna "suspect item" all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back