Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system doesn’t care which aisle the product is in. When it generates the batch, it looks for the item it wants starting at aisle 01. The catagories just make it more efficient by keeping items that likely go together on the sales floor in the same backroom area so that when you are pulling that batch, you’re not running all over the place.

That makes it seem so much easier so basically just need to adjust the (Profile) shelving for chemicals or what ever to goes to the new aisle and change the aisle board templates so that team members will know the product is now on this aisle instead of the old aisle.

The system doesn’t care which aisle the product is in. When it generates the batch, it looks for the item it wants starting at aisle 01. The catagories just make it more efficient by keeping items that likely go together on the sales floor in the same backroom area so that when you are pulling that batch, you’re not running all over the place.

Sigh. I work in a AAA store, which we host many different types of merchandise both on salesfloor and backroom. We are experiencing a recieving remodel to "improve" the unload process. Our steel space is about 4 feet wide and 4 levels high, per section. 6 sections of steel was removed to give softlines unload team to work in space. Meanwhile those 6 sections once hosted B/PLS and PLS. We have 18 sections left. Next up... The entire Steel and Bar Support section that hosted PLUG was removed. In its place is a palletized staging area across the conveyor belt. So we have a couple of flats and pallets of Plastics and Plug sitting around unlocalized in a clutter. Can't pull for batches to replenish floor or orders. You will have to remember to go back and check. Can't rely 100 percent on devices. And the back/opposite area of SFS has been updated to host empty pallets. This revamp will make it difficult to work with efficency if you have to navigate in a mess and pull.

Anyone know how to delete locations? Don't see the function on mywork2.0. Just create, group, and print.

Looking at the code for the BRLM Application, I don't currently see a way to delete locations.
I'd figure it's coming sooner than later

I have a question. So when myWork 2.0 rolls out tomorrow, does STO get removed from the PDA? I read somewhere that if you backstock on the PDA it wont show in mW2.0 or something like that, is that true? And last question, if that is true, does that mean we shouldnt do the BR Audit in the PDA anymore since it will screw it up?

I think they will disable STO and SUBT on the PDA.
Currently I think the changes will show up, but eventually they won't.
Honestly I don't know about the backroom audit.
The Audit team is close to done with adding that functionality to 'Audit'

Awesome, thank you. No one at my store, including upper leadership new about this update tomorrow but luckily i'm on this site so I knew about it lol. Ill test it tomorrow and see if it does change it because I will probably have to lock up all the PDAs if it does screw it up.

Any ETA for the Audit update?

Question about how to fix an error I made while back stocking with Work 2.0. I back stocked product before remembering I needed to check a second location. Seems like it used to be a quick & easy thing to just pull product out of a back room location. Probably still is.
Maybe it's because I was at the end of my shift and trying to get out of there before violating for not taking a lunch. But I couldn't figure it out! Help?

Do you know if 'LOCUing' in audit creates errors? ETL was told new function to LOCU was to go into audit, scan location, and hit done or whatever it is to delete everything in location. mysupport didn't know if this caused errors. We lost our all location management and STO functionality on our PDAs, would be our only way to clear locations.

oh speaking of the Backroom Audit…
oh lordy me oh my.

300+ items scanned with 145+ errors fixed been rolling with these numbers for about 2 weeks on every single audit. happy fun times.

the higher ups which IMHO no longer rate being called leaders or even managers think there is nothing wrong and it will get better

oh speaking of the Backroom Audit…
oh lordy me oh my.

300+ items scanned with 145+ errors fixed been rolling with these numbers for about 2 weeks on every single audit. happy fun times.

the higher ups which IMHO no longer rate being called leaders or even managers think there is nothing wrong and it will get better
They’re delusional. Comes with the kool-aid...🙄

That's probably because you're not supposed to use the PDA anymore.
the backroom audit function is in the PDA and therefore can only be done with the PDA. there are still several functions still only available in the PDA. the Errors all relate to the rather shoddy training methods used by target, poor work ethic, the unwillingness to do ones job in the proper manner, workers not asking questions when they should be, higher ups not listening to the few actual backroom TM's left, I can go on and on…

notice how none of those reasons tie back to using a PDA? the PDA's have never been the reason for any errors no matter what the kool-aid drinkers say.

Ohh, so that's the new workaround. Thanks for the info.
I started the rumor at my store that Audit exposes errors if you jump out of a batch, audit, then jump back in, and suddenly we're actually training people properly on backstock again.

Increased BRLA errors are probably because of the HUGE mW2.0 bug where you scan an item, scan the location, and the "subapp" for backstocking doesn't realize you scanned a new item so it still has the last one you STO'd up. I backstocked a uboat of SEA today and caught 8 separate times it tried to STO the wrong item.

I started the rumor at my store that Audit exposes errors if you jump out of a batch, audit, then jump back in, and suddenly we're actually training people properly on backstock again.

Increased BRLA errors are probably because of the HUGE mW2.0 bug where you scan an item, scan the location, and the "subapp" for backstocking doesn't realize you scanned a new item so it still has the last one you STO'd up. I backstocked a uboat of SEA today and caught 8 separate times it tried to STO the wrong item.

i've been going to backstock one item and then a completely different item (that i've never even scanned) pops up in the backstock app

myWork 2.0 is a shit app, throw the whole thing away

i've been going to backstock one item and then a completely different item (that i've never even scanned) pops up in the backstock app

I had that happening a lot when I was pushing today. I'm curious why it was so necessary to rush it out the door right before Q4. Keeping the PDAs a couple more months wouldn't have killed anyone.

Is there a new Backroom Detail Report feature coupled with the new MyWork? Looking to see TMs who are back stocking incorrectly and names aren’t appearing on the detail report under Store Apps.

Same. Seems to be an issue with the toggle between MyWork 2.0 and MyWork. Same happens in EXF when adjusting counts.

Is there a new Backroom Detail Report feature coupled with the new MyWork? Looking to see TMs who are back stocking incorrectly and names aren’t appearing on the detail report under Store Apps.

I also would love to know this. or am I incorrectly thinking that backstocking CHEM into PETS is a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back