Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a new Backroom Detail Report feature coupled with the new MyWork? Looking to see TMs who are back stocking incorrectly and names aren’t appearing on the detail report under Store Apps.
I hope not! lol! At my store we literally got about ten minutes of training and they have the nerve to complain that stuff isn't right. Oh well, bring back a dedicated backroom team. With that said, I try to do right, but there are too many idiosyncrasies back there.

We were told at huddle today that if we're logged into the phone app on the zebra and are back stocking, there's some kind of glitch that creates errors - ?? Anyone else know about that?

You are all so lucky you get to work in the back room instead of on the floor with these annoying guests. They’re always in the way and when one sees someone asking you for help they line up behind the other one creating a line of guests who need help. The worst part is that my store is small and the guests definitely overcrowd the aisles making It impossible to push or zone. I wish I could be in the back room every day :( count your blessing folks​

I also would love to know this. or am I incorrectly thinking that backstocking CHEM into PETS is a bad thing?

That's bad.

So are skids in the steel. Empty pallets set up on edge. Freight in the fire tunnels. Freight blocking emergency exits, and that's just in my store... The amount of health and safety violations that are consistently ignored for "convenience" are appalling.

Last edited:
That's bad.

So are skids in the steel. Empty pallets set up on edge. Freight in the fire tunnels. Freight blocking emergency exits, and that's just in my store... The amount of health and safety violations that are consistently ignored for "convenience" are appalling.

What is a “skid?”

You are all so lucky you get to work in the back room instead of on the floor with these annoying guests. They’re always in the way and when one sees someone asking you for help they line up behind the other one creating a line of guests who need help. The worst part is that my store is small and the guests definitely overcrowd the aisles making It impossible to push or zone. I wish I could be in the back room every day :( count your blessing folks​

Sadly, not many stores have a "backroom team." If modernization hasn't hit you, your head will roll.

I do get a reprieve of guests when we're done pushing our section of truck, I get to Backstock it.

I'm curious on this.

Today I was pulled into stationary to help, and I was doing the Autos/CAFs. In one instance, it was telling me to pull 12 binders, yet when filling, of course, only 1, maybe 2 would fit. Same thing with an inane amount of crayons. Filled what I could, and Backstocked the rest. Will the binders and crayons come up again asking to pull them again? If so, is there a fix/solution to this issue.

I'm curious on this.

Today I was pulled into stationary to help, and I was doing the Autos/CAFs. In one instance, it was telling me to pull 12 binders, yet when filling, of course, only 1, maybe 2 would fit. Same thing with an inane amount of crayons. Filled what I could, and Backstocked the rest. Will the binders and crayons come up again asking to pull them again? If so, is there a fix/solution to this issue.

If your SFQ is wrong, it will keep pulling until the system thinks it's full. I set a pog couple weeks ago that thought the capacity was 1427 electric knives. Only 5 fit. You need to use the Audit app and check and change capacities

I'm curious on this.

Depends on what kind of location those items are backstocked in. Were they in an open stock or a case stock location? I know that office, due to back to school, a tom of open stock is backstocked where cases should be. Every time the system pulls from those locations, it tries to pull a "case" or 12 binders, regardless of what will fit out, because it is trying to have you pull the full box

I'm curious on this.

Depends on why the system wanted so many pulled. It could be what RhettB wrote: the shelf capacity is off so that needs to be fixed. You can do that in My Work 2.0 now easier than you can in Audit though. Use EXF to do it. You might want to check with a TM who works the section regularly first though. Some product is intentionally set to have ridiculously high capacity because it is expected to sell quickly. The high capacity makes sure that the system is constantly calling for the product to be worked out to the floor and not gathering dust in the back. A lot of our Christmas ornaments are set that way. Weird time of year to do that for binders in stationary though. Could be a remnant from back to school or it could just be that your store sells them quickly after they get stocked.

It could also be that team members are overstocking the shelves. You think only 2 binders will fit, but your more creative team members who don't want to backstock can find ways to throw 12 on the shelf. To fix it backstock the extra, then go back and use EXF in MyWork 2.0 to make sure the system has the appropriate number of items located on the shelf. Finally, ask a local saint to perform a miracle and get leadership to hold team members who stock the shelves incorrectly accountable because if that doesn't happen (it won't), the problem will keep recurring.

I read back, and for the love of god, please don’t remove STO and SUBT functionality from the PDAs. Sometimes there’s no Zebras and a PDA is my only option to use. It’s bad enough that I can’t search for things anymore.

What exactly are BRTMs becoming anyway? No one at my store can answer it and I feel like a Utility piece that gets plugged into whatever is going horribly wrong each day, be it backstocking, SFS, OPU, pushing, etc.
That's how I see my Backroom TL. He works hard and a shame how they just plug him into whatever. Like this week, he'll be SFS overnite. WTF? Going from early mornings to 10 hour overnite shifts is fucking dumb. And he can't back down.

If your SFQ is wrong, it will keep pulling until the system thinks it's full. I set a pog couple weeks ago that thought the capacity was 1427 electric knives. Only 5 fit. You need to use the Audit app and check and change capacities
1427 electric knives. Lol. That woulda made Target be an ultimate knife super store. More like a knife show.

If I remember, when I scanned the item, I don't believe the "x fit" had an insane amount at the home location, but I'll definitely check tomorrow. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

Depends on what kind of location those items are backstocked in. Were they in an open stock or a case stock location? I know that office, due to back to school, a tom of open stock is backstocked where cases should be. Every time the system pulls from those locations, it tries to pull a "case" or 12 binders, regardless of what will fit out, because it is trying to have you pull the full box

Yes. It asked for the open locations, that's probably why, but quite odd nonetheless.

Depends on why the system wanted so many pulled. It could be what RhettB wrote: the shelf capacity is off so that needs to be fixed. You can do that in My Work 2.0 now easier than you can in Audit though. Use EXF to do it. You might want to check with a TM who works the section regularly first though. Some product is intentionally set to have ridiculously high capacity because it is expected to sell quickly. The high capacity makes sure that the system is constantly calling for the product to be worked out to the floor and not gathering dust in the back. A lot of our Christmas ornaments are set that way. Weird time of year to do that for binders in stationary though. Could be a remnant from back to school or it could just be that your store sells them quickly after they get stocked.

It could also be that team members are overstocking the shelves. You think only 2 binders will fit, but your more creative team members who don't want to backstock can find ways to throw 12 on the shelf. To fix it backstock the extra, then go back and use EXF in MyWork 2.0 to make sure the system has the appropriate number of items located on the shelf. Finally, ask a local saint to perform a miracle and get leadership to hold team members who stock the shelves incorrectly accountable because if that doesn't happen (it won't), the problem will keep recurring.

I think it was you who mentioned it in the shoutbox a while back, and I couldn't scroll back to the previous messages, but I'll definitely do that first thing tomorrow.

On the note of the TM who regularly does this area, unfortunately she moved on to become the VM in our store 1-2 months ago, and ever since its been "neglected" according to my TL. So..I guess I'm now stationary. Yay.

Trouble is I'm only there 3, maybe 4 times out of the week, and I don't know who does push when I'm not here, but it's frustrating that you see product that's nop, being out on the floor. And overstocking... *sigh* I could go on.

I didn't think "owning" an area would be this difficult to begin with.

Appreciate all the responses you guys helped with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back