Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my small app aisles took forever because we switched out the display shelves and every single person on the POG team forgot how to load 3x5 paper into the printer. or read a planogram. i have been redoing the displays in 8 aisles for 2 days straight!

Why did you switch out the display shelves?

Personally, I don't like the backer mixed with anything. Next time I see those boxes, I am cutting them all open and redoing it with all the backer in one, bullnose/shelf liner in another and all the shelftalkers in a third.

Did everyone get shelftalkers for every vacuum? I'm missing at least 6. Also, was the bar for the Dyson perfect placement sent with the set? What does it look like? There wasn't a picture avail on TIPP.

same on the mixed boxes - give just the paper to plano - the rest id prefer to keep since they are prone to losing/ripping/tossing things.

not sure on the vac signs - my PTL said she was (completely) handling the wall so i was trying to be completely hands-off

the dyson bar is black thick metal. its similar the ones for the plate displays but black. or the toy inline boutique headers but not extended

Why did you switch out the display shelves?

the etl and teamlead over that department don't like having to maintain the regular appliance shelves with the bullnose - backer signs - 3x5 - acrylic strip combo (i offered a few other fixes but they wanted this one). they wanted to switch completely to plastic curved bullnoses, so we did - ended up using those on 14" shelves.

the etl and teamlead over that department don't like having to maintain the regular appliance shelves with the bullnose - backer signs - 3x5 - acrylic strip combo (i offered a few other fixes but they wanted this one). they wanted to switch completely to plastic curved bullnoses, so we did - ended up using those on 14" shelves.

Ahhh. I still have the appliance shelves, but I kept the signholder that snapped over it. When we got the order to toss them a couple years back, I didn't. I liked them and knew what a pain the clear overlay was.

That reminds me. Did anyone ever get ism to admit they forgot to send the 7th curtain rod?

I'm pretty sure I read on the set notes that they intentionally sent every store 6 sets and that you needed to tell them if your set required more. Stupid, yes, but that's nothing new.

Ahhh. I still have the appliance shelves, but I kept the signholder that snapped over it. When we got the order to toss them a couple years back, I didn't. I liked them and knew what a pain the clear overlay was.

funny - our store did the same thing and kept the hard plastic covers for these. however for some reason ours yellowed horribly, and the rubber that holds them on started to degrade and they started falling off. we tried to order more around 1-2 years ago but if you enter the TIPP number for the covers they will actually just send you a roll of the clear acrylic, so we involuntarily had to switch.

funny - our store did the same thing and kept the hard plastic covers for these. however for some reason ours yellowed horribly, and the rubber that holds them on started to degrade and they started falling off. we tried to order more around 1-2 years ago but if you enter the TIPP number for the covers they will actually just send you a roll of the clear acrylic, so we involuntarily had to switch.

Thank goodness ours are still in perfect shape. Maybe because we are a solar store ?? I think you all made a good decision. The clear overlay is absolutely useless.

hey guys how did everyone's week go last week? our entire home section moved across the store. glad there's a light week before electronics!

Quick question, how is the Plano tub suppose to be set up? Was told there is a Plano for it is this true and where do I find it?

We don't have one. We tossed it. It was a converted tub, that half was drawers and a small table top, the other half had spots to put some shelves and holes to put shelf lips in. I thought it was genius, but the plano team wouldn't keep it clean, so powers to be tossed it.

This week is slow. Fixture room clean, pallet put away (everything I've ordered int he last month seemed to come in at once this week) so I today I think I'll set an aisle or two of luggage planos to get that signing done.

Did everyone remember their rug valance locks? I was missing one. The part number was invalid on the planogram, but I found them on TIPP. Dang, I should've written down the part number, but I think I found it searching for BRACKET LOCK. I love those things! No more falling valances every-time someone takes out a rug!

We don't have one. We tossed it. It was a converted tub, that half was drawers and a small table top, the other half had spots to put some shelves and holes to put shelf lips in. I thought it was genius, but the plano team wouldn't keep it clean, so powers to be tossed it.

Plano wasn't using it so I took the parts from the signing cart and created my own frankensigningtubcart.

Anybody else have issues with the infant "wall"?
We received signing, fixtures and bars, for 4' fixtures but all of ours are the 3' ones (that have the nifty magnetic inserts, so much for that cool concept).

Last edited:
Did everyone remember their rug valance locks? I was missing one. The part number was invalid on the planogram, but I found them on TIPP. Dang, I should've written down the part number, but I think I found it searching for BRACKET LOCK. I love those things! No more falling valances every-time someone takes out a rug!

Haha gotta love the "pending legal issues" that inspired this change. Wonder if a guest is sueing because a rug valance fell off and hit her head.

Haha gotta love the "pending legal issues" that inspired this change. Wonder if a guest is sueing because a rug valance fell off and hit her head.

I hope not, that could kill you.
I'm just wondering if they sent us signing that won't break off every time.
The hooks look different this time but that doesn't really mean anything.

Quick question, how is the Plano tub suppose to be set up? Was told there is a Plano for it is this true and where do I find it?

We rarely use it mainly because people throw stuff on there and we hate having to keep cleaning it off.

This weeks been slow. Not a lot to do this week or next week. Finished luggage today. Only a few salesplanners left and maybe start some of the HBA for next week. Don't think it will pick up till the electronics reset.

ours (fixture tub) is currently covered in fixtures and i've never seen anyone use it the entire time i've worked here. lots of special projects and cleaning this week and next. i have yet to receive anything for the electronics/ent transition. guess this is the week to set all the curved gondola-top headers for our Destination Beauty remodel that didn't arrive until 2 weeks after the remodel........

are these easy to put up - anyone remember?

Greydot, they are extremely easy. They have a slot that sits on top of the valance. One recommendation. Once you've put them up according to planogram, stand back and take a look at them. Adjust them so they look evenly spaced. If the planograms cram 2 together, think about removing one or spacing the entire aisle so they look right. Your goal is to make the valley look balanced.

This weeks been slow. Not a lot to do this week or next week.

Tell me about it, I was starting to grasp around for work. Finished my somewhat large to-do list from the last 2/3 weeks of setting and did all of next week's revisions, set savor spot, etc.

Shoot, I never run out of work. Seems there is always cleaning, repairing, or auditing to do......

Same! I don't know if it is just because of our demo (volume, sales, location, etc) - but our store gets destroyed constantly. then factor in that TLs don't have time to do dept maintenance anymore - AND the fixture room is a disaster (on top of all the cosmetics remodel fixtures that came late) i'm plenty busy even when there's "nothing" to do.....

Came into a disaster this morning...Tub of fencing, shelving etc. *Sigh* The room was perfect last I saw it. The "children" didn't have TIME to clean up after themselves? Took a deep breath, grumbled alot, but just went at it. Took me a whole 10 min for the fencing(I have a good storage system) Another 20 for shelving. Its clean again. Lets see if it stays that way until tomorrow!!:angry3::angry3:

If you haven't hung that Star in mini seasonal, I would highly suggest double hooking all 4 points. It is very heavy and I broke hooks my first attempt..

Anyone unwrap their electronics boxes? Mines still sitting on the line until tomorrow. Wondering if they did the All in One backer, signing, etc. boxes again.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back