Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone unwrap their electronics boxes? Mines still sitting on the line until tomorrow. Wondering if they did the All in One backer, signing, etc. boxes again.?

They put out a message board stating that they were going to be all inclusive again for this transition. :wacko:

Well, I know what I am doing tomorrow. Breaking open every one of those boxes, combining like backer, and separating the signing. I'm sick of plano loosing my signs!

Well, I know what I am doing tomorrow. Breaking open every one of those boxes, combining like backer, and separating the signing. I'm sick of plano loosing my signs!

Right there with you. These all-inclusive boxes are just a bad idea. The backer paper is rolled so tight it'll never hang straight, the shelf liners (when there are some) are just begging to be lost, the small signing (informational backers etc.) is just a disorganized mess... it was a bad idea all around. I'm sure they'll save the company a couple hundred bucks for the year, though. Woohoo =\

And if it was like last time we found signage in random boxes with no clear connection on labels on the boxes.
I'm going to be opening all the boxes ahead of time this year.

Hopefully a lot of the backerpaper is carried forward. Didn't get many big boxes that looked like they would have backerpaper in them. There are also lots of displays that came in.

i am dreading seeing what came in now (didn't have anything as of yesterday). i'll be removing all liner and signs from boxes as well - leaving them would be the equivalent of throwing them in the trash at my store. funny - how in theory its a really good idea to be like 'okay - this box is everything for this aisle' but no one's store works smoothly enough to execute it.....

Well, I finished sorting the electronics signs. There were only about 4 all inclusive boxes. I decided to go ahead and take apart all the boxes any ways. I sorted talkers by plano, and headers by plano, placing post its between the different planos. I left all the sonos, ipod and any other planos that our sft will be basically setting in their kits.
We'll see how this works out for me. It did free up my new fixture/signing area to be able to sort & blk marker all the new displays with room for separation by planogram. The flip flops electronics is going to make, and the very little time given (2 days)to do it in is worrying me.....

I better take my nice pills those days..:punish:

2 days is definitely not enough unless youre scheduled 10 hours or something.

we finished the endcaps, 3 ways, boat, and all the short gondolas friday pretty easily with time to spare. we're missing a lot of the 3' finishing pieces. monday we're doing the back walls and pdvd/home sections. tuesday were doing the rest. but we're only scheduled 7 hour days for my 4 tm, your team may be scheduled differently.

We are going to start on Monday. Probably take 3 days to finish. With so many moves, I'm going to have to help them out a lot with all the fixture and display moves since nobody can ever seem to put them up right.

3 days is what it has taken historically for such a large move, but we'll see, they might just surprise me. Sometimes when they feel the pressure of one large set, they set so much faster.....

the "finishing pieces" (as they're called on the pog) are just the 3' x 3" pieces of wood grain header that replace the polka dotted cardboard signs at the top of the sections.

i think all teams speed up during the large sets. i'm really glad the tv wall is just a revision, but given the amount of clearance, we're gonna be replacing a LOT of tvs.

Anyone know where to find the report that says how many POG Fills/New POG Fills/Rev Fills/Order Batches your store has dropped?

and no I'm not talking about TWT

As far as I know, if it has a green check mark on your progress report, you dropped that batch for that POg/Rev, etc...

I don't know what an order batch is. Something for pfresh?

Last edited:
Anyone know where to find the report that says how many POG Fills/New POG Fills/Rev Fills/Order Batches your store has dropped?

You can use MyHome to see how many batches have been dropped and their names. Just go to My Home>My Progress>Logistics>Pulls. The ones listed under other will be all the batches that have been dropped by someone (Plano, Instocks, etc.) You can use the PDA/LPDA or there is a link on the bottom of workbench. If you use workbench you can print it out.

Last edited:
Has anyone done the picture frame pogs yet? Ours said it was only supposed to take about 15 hours to do. But it took way longer than that. The Frames 3 label only pog and the actual pog don't match up. We don't have all the fixtures in yet either. Thanks we have about 12 boxes left to push. Then it is off to set some things in domestics and entertainment.

Workbench > Store Reports > Logistics > Weekly Pull Types report?

Has anyone done the picture frame pogs yet? Ours said it was only supposed to take about 15 hours to do. But it took way longer than that. The Frames 3 label only pog and the actual pog don't match up. We don't have all the fixtures in yet either. Thanks we have about 12 boxes left to push. Then it is off to set some things in domestics and entertainment.

Finished the frames today. It did take longer because of all the moves and adding in all the double looped bars. The label pog for Frames 3 was off by one for our store.

And on top of the huge changes in fixturing, some of these frames come in five layers of packaging. Ridiculous. I wasn't keeping strict track, but between all the people who pitched in I wouldn't be surprised if we used double the hours AdjCal called for.

Reactions: NOP
for frames it seems like our schematics were wrong on almost every POG (2/3 when i left). labels didn't match the planogram (sections set to have four items only had 3 labels, etc), and sizes were off. off to mysupport. wish they would have sent more looped pegs, we had plenty of bars.

anyone know the part number for the little pole things that brace the cat litter shelves? they go on the base deck and brace the corners of the shelves, looked for an hour and mysupport was no help

anyone know the part number for the little pole things that brace the cat litter shelves? they go on the base deck and brace the corners of the shelves, looked for an hour and mysupport was no help

I didn't even know such braces existed. We mySupported our Litter POG too, and attached a picture of how the sections breaks in the shelves sag and seperate due to the weight. The gondola wall is actually pulling away from the store wall. They replied back saying "The High Capacity gondola system is engineered to handle the weight."

Future headline: "Target shoppers buried and killed under a mountain of kitty litter"

I didn't even know such braces existed. We mySupported our Litter POG too, and attached a picture of how the sections breaks in the shelves sag and seperate due to the weight. The gondola wall is actually pulling away from the store wall. They replied back saying "The High Capacity gondola system is engineered to handle the weight."

Future headline: "Target shoppers buried and killed under a mountain of kitty litter"

ones we have are stupid old, i even sent them a picture of what it was. they had no idea what i was talking about :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back