Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no kidding. anyone work in super target? try reseting 64 foot aisles in grocery. trying to do two of them a day is murder, especially after were open for a while.

I've normally got a pretty good team, if a little unmotivated because we are the store scapegoats, but this month two of my six are on LOAs and two are having health/family issues requiring multiple call-outs, so it's me, one fast setter, one revisions TM, two sickies, and a cross-trained who is hard working but still kind of slow. Add in that we each only get 34 hours, because the entire store is short-handed and every available body has to do truck push three days a week, and that means we've got 200 hours of setting, with a 316 hour week. 70 more hours were given to flow team members to push, and the rest are just sitting there because there's no one to take them. So we definitely won't be green, and I've got an ETL who's never done presentation, who insists that we could get it done, we just need to be moving faster, and I should be giving PPDs if we don't get it done! Oh, and not one of the ETLs seems to understand that Presentation has actual paperwork to do that takes up time, not just the WTV, but actual reports. They keep saying that the WTV, reports, etc, are included in Presentation hours, and that I should be able to do all of the paperwork PLUS my forty hours of plano. The only good thing I'm getting out of these ridiculous hours is that they've got me on M-F with my teams, so I can actually supervise.

they put me m-f for the next few weeks since they are so big but normally i work weekends salefloor.. blah such a tough week got 3 pogs done in market yesterday lol

i already know i'm not finishing this week. i can already hear my exec. " whats your plan to finish this week" on saturday. well, i have about 20 revisions in grocery and baby food, formula and one few left in shoes,mmm....hell if i know?!?!?!?!?!?!. our coffee aisle is 48 ft long(around 27 hour set time on that sucker).

i already know i'm not finishing this week. i can already hear my exec. " whats your plan to finish this week" on saturday. well, i have about 20 revisions in grocery and baby food, formula and one few left in shoes,mmm....hell if i know?!?!?!?!?!?!. our coffee aisle is 48 ft long(around 27 hour set time on that sucker).

I know how you feel. We didn't finish 18 pogs in market and thr shoe pogs or revs. Our shoe dept is jam packed with clearance so my stl wanted us to focus on market. It doesn't help that the pogs in my market are moving around either. Next week will be fun!

I'm beginning to think I'm the only store that actually finished this week's work... even got most of intimates done for next week too.

I was shorted ~100 hours of payroll, but backroom pulls our pulls for us.

no backroom love for us, we do it all. pulles,backstock, etc. although we did have 3 smart huddles this week to help us out. but its still not enough....

ajax, how big is your store and crew?

7am ULV Pfresh
POG team is TL plus 4 regular POG TM, with 3 more TM that are fully trained and used as backups during heavy weeks or for call ins. The main POG TM get anywhere from 2-5 days a week on POG depending on workload.

32 ft grocery aisles for us. I think we had something like 220 hours given to POG for this past week.

I have 19 market pogs and all of shoes from last week to set this week along with this weeks work. going to be a challenge. specially since after i leave at 12:30 they take my team members that are supposed to do the push for pricing lol

usually lingerie and infants weeks make me happy. but so far, no strips, no signing, and incorrect pog spacings are making me unhappy.

anyone else have probs with the infant furniture wall listing display signing (shelf talkers) for displays that were discontinued, or displays that were clearance being left on?
the carseats was fine, other than we didn't get any of our new displays/shelftalkers yet (will arrive in a couple weeks apparently). so once again, DEAR SPOT----It's hard to hold tm accountable for setting their stuff accurately when we do not have the tools and accessories to do our job.

had an awesome day, got most of market finished just have 2 pogs left to do which is a relief. going to start intimate and chem tomorrow. I have this one dud whos on my team this week I feel like i need to get him a shock collar so i can zap him whenever hes just standing around. everyone on the team this week kept hassling him today cause he was moving so slow. needless to say he wont be a regular fill in for me!

can anyone tell me what kind of sign holders (11x11 I think) you are using in intimate? we got in a few that are double sided and set across the top of the convertibles---super nice, and not a pain like the older ones. thinking about ordering more. what do you guys think?

they are nice i say go for it.
im totally wiped out this week. My stl gave me a "blank check" for next week to try and get caught up. with the pdts going down it was a major pain in the toosh. our flow team is super behind and my pog team pushed more of the truck than the flow team every day. the back room is super clogged and one whole truck behind which makes us trying to pull our batches almost impossible. today we spent 2 and a half hours pushing shoes, infants, market and reshop. The people i have working on my team this week are all salefloor people who think its ok to just stand there talking. I have to coach them constantly and even counseled two of them. My STL hasnt said anything about my teams productivity in years and this week he has twice. it makes me frustrated cause I usually run a tight ship but these people dont care so they do the minimum. next week we have a six truck week and the people I had to find to help me next week are mostly cashiers who have never ever worked the floor. going to be FUN!
O and couldnt print labels and we were doing a pog with 4 sections of labels so we used the line listing to match up the item and hung them until tomorrow when we can print our labels.!

they are nice i say go for it.
im totally wiped out this week. My stl gave me a "blank check" for next week to try and get caught up. with the pdts going down it was a major pain in the toosh. our flow team is super behind and my pog team pushed more of the truck than the flow team every day. the back room is super clogged and one whole truck behind which makes us trying to pull our batches almost impossible. today we spent 2 and a half hours pushing shoes, infants, market and reshop. The people i have working on my team this week are all salefloor people who think its ok to just stand there talking. I have to coach them constantly and even counseled two of them. My STL hasnt said anything about my teams productivity in years and this week he has twice. it makes me frustrated cause I usually run a tight ship but these people dont care so they do the minimum. next week we have a six truck week and the people I had to find to help me next week are mostly cashiers who have never ever worked the floor. going to be FUN!
O and couldnt print labels and we were doing a pog with 4 sections of labels so we used the line listing to match up the item and hung them until tomorrow when we can print our labels.!

Ahhhh that's rough. So sorry for the pile of crap piling up!

Is anyone else here on a 6 am process? We moved to 6 am in April, and at first, my ETL told me my team would be working truck but it would be "like, 6:30 am to 8:30 am so you can get set up first thing in the morning and then come back after first break and work", and then the entire team was put on 6-8 am, enforced, every truck day. I've argued and fought with my HR and STL every week because Best Practice says 1-2 Presentation team members unless Presentation workload is too heavy (as it has been for three weeks), but of course I get the "that's how it's always been done", "every store I've been in", "I've got lots of proof" etc.....I'd call the hotline to report it but it would be obvious who it was coming from and would just piss off the two people who hate me the most. I was thinking of speaking with the DTL (we host the district offices). Any thoughts?

The plano team at my store came in at 5:30.
We didn't work the trucks at all though except during Christmas when things got really ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back