Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destination Beauty is what the new look for cosmetics up to personal care was. Transcend Beauty is just the updated cosmetics part. The rest (shampoo, hair accessories/tools, lotion/skincare) will not change with Transcend. Some stores won't have any major remodel. Some will only have to do the Transcend Beauty part. Some stores will have to do Destination Beauty + Transcend Beauty. I wish my store would have gotten transcend beauty when we remodeled a year ago. The new store that was built at the same time got it and one of the remodels the cycle after mine got it. It would've been nice to set it when we had all the extra remodel help!

actually had a good day today.. got 14 aisles set .. of course we didnt pull or push any but i have someone working a 5 hour shift tonight pulling and pushing and we are going t blitz the rst of the push tomorrow... i feel so much better when we get a lot done.. im making my team brownies for tomorrow

Hey, I am new to the forums but i was wondering if anyone on here has already done the new Transcend beauty and what kind of strategies they used? I have an idea of what i want to do but it would be interesting to get other perspectives.

Our biggest problem last week was the soda sale. We had 2 rows of 6 pallets in seasonal on the patio flat. Therefore until it was all gone we could not arrange any of the flat. We had to do that on Monday of this week. That has put us behind. We still have most of intimates to finish, 2 hba pogs lots of revisions and some other misc. Pogs. Stressful week.
Do you guys not use TWt to plan your workload? I find it very helpful. Also at our store we have a backroom team member to do our pulls. Push is always our biggest challenge.

I dont use twt because I change my plans too often. i never have enough people to fill all the hours etc.
We had 14 pogs for domestics left from two weeks ago, 9 sidecaps from two weeks ago, from last week we had 14 pogs from "c & D" and boys/girls basics. as of today we are finished with everything from the last two weeks and started this weeks work today. probably not going to even get to intimates :D we moved out soda pallets to the grill flat area and lined our grills up in the main aisle until monday. it was my stl's idea:D

going to be mega fun next week because its just me for 32 hours (i have to work salesfloor on sat.) and one other team member for 40 hours.. :D cant wait!

going to be mega fun next week because its just me for 32 hours (i have to work salesfloor on sat.) and one other team member for 40 hours.. :D cant wait!
next week is going to be a disaster. no one schedule, POGs from this week still not done, one TM just left so we're down tms. plus i'm overnight to work solely on the CSE.

unrelated - did anyone start or go through Transcend yet? i am itching to throw away all of our old cosmetics fixtures, but can't until I know for sure. Is anything reused, or is everything specific to the new 1ft track system?

havent even started it... i am looking forward to it.. cosmetics is my signing ninjas and mine favorite set :D

Can someone help me figure some things out? I'm team lead of seasonal and our pog didn't finish any of the signing or put any labels up for grills or the stack flat, so i'm trying to do it myself. So they want the labels stuck to the floor with adhesive label holders? is that correct? I tried finding them transition guide from our pog team lead, of course she has no idea where it is. and she never gave me one....

yes the guide says to put a sticky holder on the floor in the front of the display and the box stock

there should be a plastic copy of your floor plan that shows where all the stack chairs and stuff should go. its a pin in the butt to get it right but once you do itll be good. you should have got a copy of that I always give mine to the TL so they can use it through the whole season.

yes the guide says to put a sticky holder on the floor in the front of the display and the box stock

there should be a plastic copy of your floor plan that shows where all the stack chairs and stuff should go. its a pin in the butt to get it right but once you do itll be good. you should have got a copy of that I always give mine to the TL so they can use it through the whole season.
It only stays there until the cleaning crew hits it with the floor buffer....make extra copies.

next week is going to be a disaster. no one schedule, POGs from this week still not done, one TM just left so we're down tms. plus i'm overnight to work solely on the CSE.

unrelated - did anyone start or go through Transcend yet? i am itching to throw away all of our old cosmetics fixtures, but can't until I know for sure. Is anything reused, or is everything specific to the new 1ft track system?

There is a fixture reference guide under transition communication "Transcend Beauty" that shows which fixtures to keep and what you can safely toss.

Can someone help me figure some things out? I'm team lead of seasonal and our pog didn't finish any of the signing or put any labels up for grills or the stack flat, so i'm trying to do it myself. So they want the labels stuck to the floor with adhesive label holders? is that correct? I tried finding them transition guide from our pog team lead, of course she has no idea where it is. and she never gave me one....

You can get color PDF copies of 90% of the transition communication packets from workbench. Go to Sales Floor -> Transition Communication. The available packets will be sorted by set date, you can also set this page up as a quick link from your home page.

You can get color PDF copies of 90% of the transition communication packets from workbench. Go to Sales Floor -> Transition Communication. The available packets will be sorted by set date, you can also set this page up as a quick link from your home page.
^ This. The only bad thing is that adjacencies aren't attached. I'm not sure why they don't have a link to a store's adjacencies anywhere on workbench except during remodel or new store opening. The send you a PDF when you request one. Online access would be a good idea.

For the grills & patio sets, I would put white UPC labels with no price on the back of the grill or the bottom side of the each piece of patio.

Ok I hijacked another thread by accident so I will post this here.

Question for anyone who already started setting haircare. Were those small cosmetic shelves suppose to be switched out with the new shelves that came in? The aisle with "nexxus shampoo","bed head", and "its a 10" products. I know every stores not the same but I know someone has to have a similar setup. Because someone on my pog team set the aisle and I have signing that does not fit into the sign holder that is built on the cosmetic shelf. I scanned one of the two big boxes of sign holders and it scanned to that aisle but only on one section.The new sign holders fit in the new shelves,and the signing fits in the new sign holder. So it was a bit confusing. My PTL was not here today so I couldnt ask her.

Ok I hijacked another thread by accident so I will post this here.

Question for anyone who already started setting haircare. Were those small cosmetic shelves suppose to be switched out with the new shelves that came in? The aisle with "nexxus shampoo","bed head", and "its a 10" products. I know every stores not the same but I know someone has to have a similar setup. Because someone on my pog team set the aisle and I have signing that does not fit into the sign holder that is built on the cosmetic shelf. I scanned one of the two big boxes of sign holders and it scanned to that aisle but only on one section.The new sign holders fit in the new shelves,and the signing fits in the new sign holder. So it was a bit confusing. My PTL was not here today so I couldnt ask her.

Yes indeed Pro Haircare is supposed to be on 14" shelves now as part of the transcend beauty event. They sent a bunch of new ones to accommodate the change.

Cosmetic Bags, Fragrance, Bath & Body will also be changing to standard 14" shelves, all cosmetic shelves are no longer going to be used.

Reactions: NOP
So we are supposed to receive new 14" shelves. I thought I had read that somewhere. I have not received any yet, and my transcend set is next week. Ugh!

Did anyone else have a really hard time getting the new sign holders onto the shelves?

For any PTL's here who have finished the Transcend set: What strategy did you use when assigning the workload to your TM's? How many days/weeks did it take for your team to finish the set? I'm really questioning some things about the way my PTL handled our Transcend set this week and want to see if I'm correct in my suspicions or not.

i havent done it yet but ive been reading up on it for when i do and supposedly it gives you exactly what order to set in. even tells you how to set up the signing trailer outside.
However, when I handle a cosmetic set it depends on the footage of the pog and the team members. some are real slow with it some are fast.

My TL had us in pairs of two, three aisles per night. We have been finishing two hours past schedule and with missing fixtures, signing, labels, etc. 7 four-foot sections per aisle. Tonight there is one TM assigned a 30 hour POG by himself.

At my previous store it was three TM's per aisle doing two aisles per night. 100% completion and out on time every night.

I want to suggest the latter strategy to my TL but when I have tried to suggest other strategies to her ala "In the past I have seen x strategy used y times and it has been successful, what do you think?" and have been shut down.

I got a phone call this morning from one a TM on my team (it was my night off) saying the ETL's are coming down on our TL and they are understanding that the team failing to be 100% complete, out on time, and with minimal leftover push/backstock hasn't been solely our fault/responsibility.

hmm i normally have a team of 3 or 4 including myself.. generally if a pog is larger than 8 ft i put two people on it.. if its smaller than 8ft they work alone, that including signing, pushing etc...

3 cosmetic aisles per night is very aggressive.. and you mean cosmetics not haircare?

it depends on what aisles you setting when we did haircare, we did it while the store was open and got 3 aisles done in one shift with two people in each aisle and 2 hours of smart huddle/breaks etc. clearing, changing backer, shelf liner, putting in new dividers and repushing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back