Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my team just got a new boss and changed our plano process. With that said, I'm curious about how others' plano process is. We used to not pull and backstock our POGs because our old boss said that the adjacency hours only include takedown, repush, set, push, and EXFs. However, our new boss says the projected hours actually include all of those plus pull and backstock.

Sometimes we do but 80% of the time presentation hours are given to a backroom member to take care of those task

Pulls ARE included with the adjacency forecast. My store used to have backroom Pull/Backstock, then we got a new STL who decided to change that and have Plano pull our own batches, and have backroom take care of the backstock.

Is there an official breakdown of the adjacency hours? I've only seen responsibilities of presentation TMs.

Plano is also supposed to remove and stage all the clearance from the runs they are setting. But for me its the sales floor closers that have to do it.

Push and pull have always been included in the POG hours, it's up to the STL to set the policy as to who does what. My old store had Plano do our own pulls and a backroom team member do backstock. But the store I'm currently in just switched to combined pricing/presentation, so the old process has probably been dropped.

Ive had this conversation a ton of times with my ETL LOG. Plano is to pull, push, set, research and do signing on the pogs. Back stock IF you have time. Thats exactly the wording. IF there is time help back stock, Normally at my store they pull for us also because we have so many hours taken fro us weekly.

Adjacency hours do not include backstock. They also do not include condensing and re-working of clearance, but we all do that, anyway. Hours do accommodate for pulling batches, according to Best Practice.

For massive backstock sets, like what we're about to do with mini, in going from a value set to summer, I have to make sure I schedule someone from my POG team to handle the backstock. This hurts us because it's a good amount of hours lost. But as we all here know... we manage.

Thanks for the input. This whole situation made it a little inconvenient for us, just because we have two floors but we're somehow managing.

you said it.. we have to manage... my stl informed us that everyday now we are doing 4x4 walks along with the other smart huddle. so our "smart huddle" lasts from 7am-almost 10.. its awesome :) can i get any further behind even with the low amount o work due? its friday I have 41 rev's, 10 pogs 7 pallets of staged mini to push and 8 pogs to pull and push still..

you said it.. we have to manage... my stl informed us that everyday now we are doing 4x4 walks along with the other smart huddle. so our "smart huddle" lasts from 7am-almost 10.. its awesome :) can i get any further behind even with the low amount o work due? its friday I have 41 rev's, 10 pogs 7 pallets of staged mini to push and 8 pogs to pull and push still..

I have the opposite. Plano comes to smart huddle maybe twice a week. Everyone could get back to their own tasks quicker if everyone came to smart huddle.

we are the smart huddle team.. most times noone else joins.. pricing has to help and salesfloor but most times theres only 1 person... i ft 30 revs and 5 pogs fro this week... and next week they only gave the pog team 24 hours lol i have a 4 day weekend..

Yeah, our hours are really short next week also. OTOH, I have a 3 day weekend right now.

Our team right now is sort of in a Twilight Zone. We haven't had a team lead for about 5 weeks or so. Plus we are in that new area where we are supposed to cover the whole store. For instance the other day we were told we had to work Bakery. None of us had any idea what to do. Wound up finding an adjacency and just tieing what had already been set. Same thing happened the week before with Deli. Deli has their own system. Why we get involved with it is beyond me...

So we are just being thrown into areas we know nothing about, with absolutely no guidance or training.

It's really frustrating.

Oh, and we also do our own pulls and back stock. Not to mention working the Clearance.

Did everyone else get the new pet focal signing and fixtures? It's more like the CSE now, falcon board and all. Unnecessary in my opinion, but maybe it will hold up better.

We set up our focal earlier this week. Everything came together in one pallet, signing and shelves... be careful it calls for two signs on that focal, one goes on top of the other, theres a graphic without any verbiage thats permanent and switches when the focal changes what it has on it.

We've had it for about a year now. I think most stores are getting it now.

Is that why they sent two supergraphics? I figured it was a mistake since one was the exact same graphic that was already up and one is the new graphic. Old signing tied to new planograms along with new signing isn't unheard of. The new one has no verbiage either, you're just supposed to put up the purina pop off. I guess I'll be reordering that old graphic if it's still supposed to be there on the next set without a different supergraphic.

Oh, okay. Yeah we've had that for a long time now. I thought it was something super new. I'm thinking, "we just did this, what did we miss now?"

We got our pets focal last year, around the same time that we started selling refrigerated pet food.

Was wondering if any other teams are struggling to get there workload done each week. We seem to fall short every week. We are about a month behind with some of our Revisions. Feeling like the hours they say to set each pog is way off. Any thoughts or tips. If we have a 200 hr week we get that amount of hours. But still seems yo be not enough and my team we or ks there butt off!

we are struggling in my store. not as bad as you though. each Monday and Tuesday my team works on the previous weeks work then we go from there. this week it took us till Wednesday to finish last weeks work and we are mega behind this week. going to be fun catching up we have to spend 3 hours doing smart huddle and 4x4 each day though and thats every person on my team

Was wondering if any other teams are struggling to get there workload done each week. We seem to fall short every week. We are about a month behind with some of our Revisions. Feeling like the hours they say to set each pog is way off. Any thoughts or tips. If we have a 200 hr week we get that amount of hours. But still seems yo be not enough and my team we or ks there butt off!

You're not alone, especially with this MKT thing. We'll be lucky if we finish it by August. Our scores are as red as our walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back