Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else's team have to help flow push the truck for the first two hours of their shift?? Between that, the smart huddle, and our breaks and lunches its tough for those of us on my pog team to get anything accomplished. We are supposed to do our own pulls and stock but there are days when there simply is not enough time and something is set but the pull is left in the pda. Sometimes backroom pulls it and salesfloor stocks it, more often than not we have to pull it the next day.

Does anybody else's team have to help flow push the truck for the first two hours of their shift?? Between that, the smart huddle, and our breaks and lunches its tough for those of us on my pog team to get anything accomplished. We are supposed to do our own pulls and stock but there are days when there simply is not enough time and something is set but the pull is left in the pda. Sometimes backroom pulls it and salesfloor stocks it, more often than not we have to pull it the next day.

Not on a daily basis. Sometimes on a Friday, and they usually do the Pfresh truck.

Not on a daily basis. Sometimes on a Friday, and they usually do the Pfresh truck.

Lucky..we have to help push the trucks on truck days except Saturdays because we are off weekends. Flow does the pfresh truck at my store too.

we dont psh truck anymore but we smart huddle from 7 - 8 then we 4 x 4 from 8 - 9 or 9:30. that too the place of pushing truck.. we used to push truck every truck day from 7 - whenever

@Caribe how is your Signing Ninja doing?
Are they getting the hours they need?
BTS is a bitch, are they going to get some backup for building bins and suchlike?
We had SFT build gondolas on Wednesday. Gave Signing tm her hours plus a second person to build the shippers as they came in. Put up all shippers, backer paper and signing on Thursday. ETL Log sent message to all ETLs and STL telling them we need them to help us stock from 7-9am on Monday morning. Game plan is, Plano team sets from 2-7am. Truck bowls BTS. Stocking from 730-12pm by Plano, help fromETLs and Truck team as bonus.

Hoping for the best. All leaders in Log, in role for less than 6 months so first BTS set for everyone

we dont psh truck anymore but we smart huddle from 7 - 8 then we 4 x 4 from 8 - 9 or 9:30. that too the place of pushing truck.. we used to push truck every truck day from 7 - whenever
Wow! We Smart Huddle for 30 minutes some days. Usually when ETL log is LOD. We don't push truck with new ETL log. We used to have to help them all the time in the past. Now they finish early and help us stock sometimes if we need it. That has been huge. Truck team finish early every truck day then they can help out all over the store with zone, go backs, whatever.

sounds like you guys are doing something right:) we built two gondolas last week but we arent ahead at all. i wish we were. hopefully this week goes pretty smooth for us

sounds like you guys are doing something right:) we built two gondolas last week but we arent ahead at all. i wish we were. hopefully this week goes pretty smooth for us
Uh oh I'm not ahead then. We're building our gondolas tomorrow.
I know there's still a ton of bins to be built so that's going to have to be the signing tm's main priority tomorrow.

we only built two of the gondolas... still need to build the two little gondolas but we have tons of clearance still patio like. my signing ninja built most of the bins last week so thats good

So potential weekends for Plano at my store! ..This was discussed 3 or 4 years ago because other teams were saying that it isn't fair that we have weekends off. Think it will ever actually happen? My store already went from plano being 4am-1230pm, 6am-230pm, 7-330pm and now 730 -4pm all to have more coverage on the floor. anyone else's store done this? what stinks is no one else's hours were pushed forward only planograms.

Seriously at point does making plano work weekends improve their productivity?
Except for making a few jealous people happy it really doesn't help much unless they are working early in morning where they aren't dealing with customers.
Otherwise they are just going to be swamped with the usual suspects that show up on the weekend and have to deal with the usual lack of staffing.

we are setting bts this week.. everyone knows the massive amounts of push that goes into this let alone having to deal with all of the patio left etc. my STL said that we need to have everything set 100% by friday and pushed because we are having a group visit . i have myself and 2 team members 8 hours a day and 2 other tms for 4 hours but we spend 7 - 9:30 everyday doing other stuff.. impossible i told him

we are setting bts this week.. everyone knows the massive amounts of push that goes into this let alone having to deal with all of the patio left etc. my STL said that we need to have everything set 100% by friday and pushed because we are having a group visit . i have myself and 2 team members 8 hours a day and 2 other tms for 4 hours but we spend 7 - 9:30 everyday doing other stuff.. impossible i told him

Wow we had other stls visit our store and offered to send their extra plano tm to help us and we have 7 plus TL and still behind i cant imagine your situation.

Sometimes Flow will help push BTS. Or they will pull 3-4 people from Flow, and add them to POG to push. Normal POG team sets, while the rest push the new product.

best of luck with that we still have a bunch to set but luckily we got the shippers all done last week

That moment when all backstock is done and Plano brings three flatbeds of mixed backstock piled up....

I find myself having jealousy about this in an odd way... If I ever pulled at stunt like that my BR team would send it right back out, OR I would personally get called back to take care of it. ME, not the other ass***** on my team. I sort BS down to the aisle it goes in if I can help it... One day I'm going to be the jerk that doesn't care o_O

That moment when all backstock is done and Plano brings three flatbeds of mixed backstock piled up....

I find myself having jealousy about this in an odd way... If I ever pulled at stunt like that my BR team would send it right back out, OR I would personally get called back to take care of it. ME, not the other ass***** on my team. I sort BS down to the aisle it goes in if I can help it... One day I'm going to be the jerk that doesn't care o_O
I find myself pushing it back out because they never push to the homes. When in doubt, push it out

We're 7-330. My team HATES it because they used to come in at 330am. This week I got the OK to come in at 5 all week for BTS. I'm annoyed though because I STILL have yet to build the last short gondola, due to patio clearance. So that's going to eat into Monday's workload. We finished stocking everything else, at least. And with no help from flow or ETLs.

There's been talk that I may have to start rotating weekends. Not my team though. Nothing has happened yet.

those hours SUCK i dont know how you guys can get anything done from 7 - 330 we work at 4am still and still didnt finish though so dont feel bad.

We used to go in at 4am and I loved that schedule. I am definitely not liking these new hours.

Our bts was finished yesterday thanks to my awesome team members, I was busy with revs so didnt get the chance to set anything. Plus I missed Thursday bc of a situation that needed my immediate attention. I did help stock bts, as did flow, and suprisingly enough every etl and our stl. They were over there all day stocking..we were in shock, first time we have seen the etls work that much. And our last stl would not have been helping stock, but instead would be asking why it was not fully stocked yet. I think i kind of like our new stl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back