Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question---is the outdoor living set what's up next for seasonal? Are you guys having the plano team set it then flow push what comes off the segregated truck? Or let segregated truck in, backstock everything, then have plano push it.

Our store usually empties out the shelves a day or two in advance, maybe does an overnight if there are aisles to be erected, then restocks over the week of set.

Quick Question---is the outdoor living set what's up next for seasonal? Are you guys having the plano team set it then flow push what comes off the segregated truck? Or let segregated truck in, backstock everything, then have plano push it.
We did our set in January. I scheduled some flow team members on a non truck day to push the pallets of Patio after we had set it. Our merchandise flowed in on a bunch of trucks we didn't have a segregated trailer so they just palletized all of it by aisle.

My store did 'em today and I really want to buy deodorant for some reason. I feel psychologically manipulated but holy hell I mean it's about time they got some dividers that fucking work and stay in place.

if flow messes it up i'm killing thm
Ha, right?!

did you guys see the new deodorant pushers on that aisle

holy hell they look nice

They look nicer, and thank god it will be easier to replace broken pushers, because they look flimsy as hell. I can already see them breaking after a couple weeks of flow team regularly overstuffing the shelves.

pretty much. It looks nice :D They're black and they look kind of awesome
If they push them full they are squeezing the product weird. They tilt in a staggered manner. One to the left, next to the right like a zipper.

Also not sure if the clear outside has a clip for the back or it's not meant to be held down, but that is also allowing product to spill out of the pusher. I helped push and was excited by the look but not by the reality.

There were small black clips included with the clear pieces. Slide them in and hook to back of the shelve.

The time they gave for the transition was a joke. Something like 2.7 hours to do deodorant.

The time they gave for the transition was a joke. Something like 2.7 hours to do deodorant.

It took the TL 8 hours to do the two sections for woman's and another 8 hours to do the two sections for men's.

It shouldn't take a full shift to finish deodorant. Haven't worked with the new fixtures, but no way should that take one person 8 hours. 4 hours max. This is of course assuming no huddle and 4x4 nonsense.

Last edited:
nah. Not 7 or 8 hours. Emptying and filling would take the longest time. Actually setting? Maybe an hour or two. Toss the broken pushers, keep the intact ones. I'll even say 5 hours max.

When I set a pog, I do it in the most methodical way I can figure. Sounds like with this it would make the most sense to demerch the whole pog, clean, set, re push, then pull and push. It's only 8 feet, but it is a lot of pushers. Alternatively you could do it all two shelves at a time (or however many shelves across deodorant is in your store). I just don't think it should take a full shift.

Then again, I'm probably on the high end of the scale when it comes to setting pogs fast. I literally set twice as fast as most of my pog team and the other ones in my district based on planorama experiences. I know that some aisles take more time than others (not every aisle can be Legos), but one deodorant pog should not take all day unless you are being pulled all over the store all day.

I guess it also depends on the hours you're working. If you're overnight then you should be done way before 7-8 hours. 4am should be well into restocking by the time the lights come on. Even 6am should be restocking or very close to it, by the time the store opens. Later than that I can't really say.

It took 8hours at my store, having to stop and help guests find the deodorant they wanted didn't help.

This is all just my thoughts. I wasn't part of the set, but I've set deodorant in the past. That didn't take me all day.

It took my store multiple 8 hour days because they like to abuse the pog people in huddle projects and midday stuff. The whole first day our TL was telling us we had to finish by the end of the day. We all stayed over at least a couple hours, and still got no where near finished because of cashier backup and stuff.

Like I said in the first post, it shouldn't take that long unless you are being pulled all over the store. Obviously if you are having to help guests, backup, 4x4, huddle etc. then setting an 8ft pog will take you longer. Luckily for my teams, the only people that ever have to respond to back up or attend huddles are the hardlines, softlines, and consumables TMs. Everyone else is off the hook when it comes to doing anything other than their specific job. Seems fair for my consumables guys to spend 2 hours a day on a lane while other teams don't. Can't hate on all the extra exercise we get running around the whole store. Seriously though, I like those extra steps. Not kidding.

Like I said in the first post, it shouldn't take that long unless you are being pulled all over the store. Obviously if you are having to help guests, backup, 4x4, huddle etc. then setting an 8ft pog will take you longer. Luckily for my teams, the only people that ever have to respond to back up or attend huddles are the hardlines, softlines, and consumables TMs. Everyone else is off the hook when it comes to doing anything other than their specific job. Seems fair for my consumables guys to spend 2 hours a day on a lane while other teams don't. Can't hate on all the extra exercise we get running around the whole store. Seriously though, I like those extra steps. Not kidding.

It used to be that way at my store, but we got a new STL late last year, and he likes to do things differently. I appreciate how he wants to improve the store and I think he's a good guy, but it's really hard to get anything done when we have a 45 minute huddle every morning and an hour midday later on. Plus, backup cashiering and cut pog hours. I'm signing, so I get the hours still luckily, but I end up setting pogs 80% of the time because pog gets no hours right now. They work about 7 hours on a regular day, and today they all had 5 hour shifts. It's kind of ridiculous how much they expect us to get done with such few hours.

nah. Not 7 or 8 hours. Emptying and filling would take the longest time. Actually setting? Maybe an hour or two. Toss the broken pushers, keep the intact ones. I'll even say 5 hours max.

When I set a pog, I do it in the most methodical way I can figure. Sounds like with this it would make the most sense to demerch the whole pog, clean, set, re push, then pull and push. It's only 8 feet, but it is a lot of pushers. Alternatively you could do it all two shelves at a time (or however many shelves across deodorant is in your store). I just don't think it should take a full shift.

Then again, I'm probably on the high end of the scale when it comes to setting pogs fast. I literally set twice as fast as most of my pog team and the other ones in my district based on planorama experiences. I know that some aisles take more time than others (not every aisle can be Legos), but one deodorant pog should not take all day unless you are being pulled all over the store all day.
There were no intact pushers because they are using a completely new design of pusher. All were replaced. It will make sets and revisions easier in the future I think. But it was time consuming to do it the first time.

We are 4 am and after 8 it was hard to get much done without being stopped by a guest looking for deodorant.

Last edited:
I meant to keep intact pushers for other areas with zone assists that you will undoubtedly have to replace later. Unless all zone assists are going to this new style.

I see. I'm thinking they may be going to this new style store wide, atleast I'm hopeful. Ours were so trashed it wasn't worth keeping them. Most break when trying to remove them. New ones click in and can be slid side to side without removing them.

Have to agree to disagree on the time needed. 2.7 hours was definitely not enough I know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back