Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They slide? That's awesome! So the real benefit will be determined come time for a revision. Someone needs to fill me in in 2 weeks when you set the inevitable two week post transition revision.

Yea they set in place and have clips on the front that snap down and hold them in place. For narrow items they can overlap each other and wide items the pusher has a extender that flips out.

I usually don't get excited about new planograms, but the deodorant aisles in my store just got a much needed makeover. The dividers are a lot more sturdy and it's easier to zone. It should cut zoning time in half.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
I think @Inigma meant the white price and yellow price. The yellow price is the retail, not sure what the white is. It can't be unt pricing based on that Mitchum 2-pack. Not sure what's going on there.

The little black clips for the left and right end pieces... Did you find that they don't really secure it? It doesn't snap in or anything and you can just lift it right out. What I did for ours is took the black rubber zone assists and used the smallest hole and attached it on the underside of the black clip under the shelf. I'm not sure that will hold it for long... Guess we'll find out soon enough. We didn't have all of our black clips so I used zip ties for those and that seems the most secure. It was hard getting them on... Someone with small hands will be able to get it done.

There were small black clips included with the clear pieces. Slide them in and hook to back of the shelve.

The time they gave for the transition was a joke. Something like 2.7 hours to do deodorant.
Took all day for us.

Took all day for us.
I had the women's deodorant and across from that was women's shave and they were switching aisles so I had to clear one off so that the other product, fixtures, backer paper, etc could go there, then clear the other off so my stuff could go there. I was mentally exhausted that day.

The little black clips for the left and right end pieces... Did you find that they don't really secure it? It doesn't snap in or anything and you can just lift it right out. What I did for ours is took the black rubber zone assists and used the smallest hole and attached it on the underside of the black clip under the shelf. I'm not sure that will hold it for long... Guess we'll find out soon enough. We didn't have all of our black clips so I used zip ties for those and that seems the most secure. It was hard getting them on... Someone with small hands will be able to get it done.
I thought the same thing but once you put the product in it seemed to weigh the whole thing down and hold in place. There were holes in the front rail also.

nah. Not 7 or 8 hours. Emptying and filling would take the longest time. Actually setting? Maybe an hour or two. Toss the broken pushers, keep the intact ones. I'll even say 5 hours max.

When I set a pog, I do it in the most methodical way I can figure. Sounds like with this it would make the most sense to demerch the whole pog, clean, set, re push, then pull and push. It's only 8 feet, but it is a lot of pushers. Alternatively you could do it all two shelves at a time (or however many shelves across deodorant is in your store). I just don't think it should take a full shift.

Then again, I'm probably on the high end of the scale when it comes to setting pogs fast. I literally set twice as fast as most of my pog team and the other ones in my district based on planorama experiences. I know that some aisles take more time than others (not every aisle can be Legos), but one deodorant pog should not take all day unless you are being pulled all over the store all day.

I set pogs the same way you do. If I don't have to empty the entire area I won't.

My team (6 people) got all of the HBA pogs set in the male and female aisles in one day. We did have to do most of the push (the pulls and new staged product) the next day but setting was completed in one day.
And we were green this week! :)

About 3 days since the deodorant transition, the aisle is relatively unscathed. I've never seen it this good, even after a 4x4.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
About 3 days since the deodorant transition, the aisle is relatively unscathed. I've never seen it this good, even after a 4x4.

Only thing to be done with it at my store is a small zone to put some of the stuff back.

I'd feel guilty if I skipped the aisle

Do you guys find all the product you need for your set properly dropping in new pog fills? We've found that new pog fills and regular pog fills aren't capturing everything that's located in the backroom so we typically have to go through and scan outs and create exf batches. The thing is though these batches are huge..

LOL! We just got two pogs for feature tables in boys. The POG numbers are different but the label product is identical. We do not have enough product to stretch to two tables and it just seems odd that they would send it this way. It's like they forgot a table or did it twice and didn't realize it because they gave it different numbers.

So, I have a question. Does your POG TL use the TWT to plan out/assign pogs for the week?

Today, I was handed the pogs for the first 6 aisles of bedding to do with another tm who's been in the position less than a week, and my TL was surprised that we couldn't finish. I had to stop two sections into my third aisle to help him put his second aisle back together. The reverse-label strip on the FCL sheet aisle was giving him fits, so not entirely his fault, but now I have 1 3/4 quarter aisles of sheets to do on top of the 10 sales planners she already had planned for me tomorrow. I know the adjacency hours in the planner are estimates and pogs can usually be accomplished faster, but by how much is highly variable. Anyway, it's been a long week. /rant

So, I have a question. Does your POG TL use the TWT to plan out/assign pogs for the week?

Today, I was handed the pogs for the first 6 aisles of bedding to do with another tm who's been in the position less than a week, and my TL was surprised that we couldn't finish. I had to stop two sections into my third aisle to help him put his second aisle back together. The reverse-label strip on the FCL sheet aisle was giving him fits, so not entirely his fault, but now I have 1 3/4 quarter aisles of sheets to do on top of the 10 sales planners she already had planned for me tomorrow. I know the adjacency hours in the planner are estimates and pogs can usually be accomplished faster, but by how much is highly variable. Anyway, it's been a long week. /rant

A good PTL uses the hours they have been assigned, combined with their common sense, knowledge of the skills of their TMs, and judgement based on similar sets.

Then there are most of the rest of them.

My old TL used to use TWT to plan out the week. Our new one doesn't, but he's been with the company about 20 years as a pog TL (transfer) and does the planning without TWT. Usually works out because he knows from experience that some pogs will take longer or less than the hours given and accounts for that.

Inexperienced TLs I would suggest to use TWT until they get better understanding of pog and the things that come with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back