Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
POG set question about the patio set: Did anyone actually get the schematic for the L&P table? Its listed as being separate from the POG on the POG, and in the Visual Adjacency it is listed as being attached to the POG? I have no earthly idea how the things on this table are supposed to be laid out, the labels are no help. The front I just used the images of the table I could find in the planning information, but the back of the table where I presume the lights and such go? not a single clue.

I noticed this also... i was laughing.. just "Ogramed it" (at my store that means we fudged it best we could)

Our STL came over today as we were setting the shampoo aisles in beauty. He told us as we were placing the adhesive dividers that "You're doing this wrong, and wasting time as well! You don't set the dividers and then stock. I need you to remove all the dividers, clean the shelves, stock all the product, THEN place the dividers in between the product." Oh okay....I've never been told that one before, but then again I'm new to this.
Um. No. He should do it. Seriously, these people have no clue.

How is everyone doing with the HBA Reset? We just finished Shampoo and hair products on Thursday, and will start cosmetics this week. Boy I am really tired of plastic dividers.

How is everyone doing with the HBA Reset? We just finished Shampoo and hair products on Thursday, and will start cosmetics this week. Boy I am really tired of plastic dividers.

Couldn't agree more about plastic dividers! I need to reorder pretty much all sizes since we practically ran out of everything!

I don't mind cosmetics since the Transcend remodel, but it can be a pain dealing with the different trays and the pogs that don't come with label strips!

Everything in HBA looks really nice though, cosmetics just needs some love now. Anyone know when healthcare transitions? It should be soon I think.

Couldn't agree more about plastic dividers! I need to reorder pretty much all sizes since we practically ran out of everything!

I don't mind cosmetics since the Transcend remodel, but it can be a pain dealing with the different trays and the pogs that don't come with label strips!

Everything in HBA looks really nice though, cosmetics just needs some love now. Anyone know when healthcare transitions? It should be soon I think.

Congratulations! All of cosmetics has label strips (except elf and nailcare)

or did you mean when they don't send the label stripes

Congratulations! All of cosmetics has label strips (except elf and nailcare)

or did you mean when they don't send the label stripes
Both lol
Mostly cosmetics though, it's way easier to set when you don't have to line up 10 tiny labels in the label holder tray thing.

So I saw on the Headlines page starting the week of March 8, revisions only in a few departments for now, revised merchandise will now end in .99 if it changes or moves, or .90 if it does not move. For example--1-3-9 will now be 1-3-9.99 if it has moved, or 1-3-9.90 if it stays. I just don't know who comes up with these ideas at HQ.

So I saw on the Headlines page starting the week of March 8, revisions only in a few departments for now, revised merchandise will now end in .99 if it changes or moves, or .90 if it does not move. For example--1-3-9 will now be 1-3-9.99 if it has moved, or 1-3-9.90 if it stays. I just don't know who comes up with these ideas at HQ.

Well, kinda smart, I guess? Nice to know what moves but I'll probably forget about it

Just what we needed, more decimals.

Don't they know the Pick labels don't have decimals on them? At least last time I looked, they did not. Really fun in the cat food aisle.

So I have a question. How do other stores set their Cosmetis. My store TIES everything in standard, as you should, but we set each individual segment in REVERSE, but all labels are put in STANDARD. But according to the hard copy everything should be set in STANDARD regardless of aisle lead in. Like they want segment 1 on the left at all times on Reverse aisles. Just want to see what other stores do.

It's all standard. Ties are standard and they are set standard. They are tied to the physical section where the first foot of the planogram starts. I almost wish they would consider those aisles as being composed of 1ft physical sections since that's how the pogs are set up, but ours are tied to the physical four foot section of the gondola, then you have to count by 1 foot sections for that planogram.

It's all standard. Ties are standard and they are set standard. They are tied to the physical section where the first foot of the planogram starts. I almost wish they would consider those aisles as being composed of 1ft physical sections since that's how the pogs are set up, but ours are tied to the physical four foot section of the gondola, then you have to count by 1 foot sections for that planogram.

This is what we do as well.

I think we tie it by each 1 foot section. So a POG could be tied to A 3 (20)

Everything is set and tied standard.

^This is what I wish my store would do. Alas, that would make too much sense lol.

I think we tie it by each 1 foot section. So a POG could be tied to A 3 (20)

Everything is set and tied standard.

per foot would be nice, but would likely confuse the flow/instocks
we set standard, but the section that 1-1-1 starts in may be 4 or 5 depending on pog length, which is probably just as confusing on the right hand side -_-

which makes me think, is anyone elses spice rack section in the middle of a reverse aisle, but set standard?

per foot would be nice, but would likely confuse the flow/instocks
we set standard, but the section that 1-1-1 starts in may be 4 or 5 depending on pog length, which is probably just as confusing on the right hand side -_-

which makes me think, is anyone elses spice rack section in the middle of a reverse aisle, but set standard?

Yes, mine is and it sucks but it's the only way it would work.

The only kinda sorta cosmetics pog set reverse at my store is the Naturals pog. They send the signing standard though, so there's that -_-

Hey, we started setting cosmetics last night. On a 16 hour planogram, do you find putting 4 team members for 4 hours more productive or 2 team members 8 hours?

We were thinking the later would have been better...... It was very difficult to work clean and concentrate when working shoulder to shoulder....

Hey, we started setting cosmetics last night. On a 16 hour planogram, do you find putting 4 team members for 4 hours more productive or 2 team members 8 hours?

We were thinking the later would have been better...... It was very difficult to work clean and concentrate when working shoulder to shoulder....

It really depends on who you have on your team.
If the the four people consist of two hardcores and two people who are part timers who will be asking questions every ten minutes, you're better off going with the two hardcores.
On the other hand if you have four people who are used to working together as a team then by all means throw them in there, more hands make light work.

Given the way my team works I would put two TMs at 8 hrs each (but probably expect it to be done in less time since the hours account for pull and push and the tms are likely not pulling or pushing the new product.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back