Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a massive waste of time. We had something in HBA that had an actual capacity of 12, but when I scanned it it said the capacity was 97.
I came across something the other day in electronics that had a capacity of 196. I forget what it was, but it was something large that could only fit 1 per facing.

My favorite is the book box sets and the video games that come with something extra that always have facings of 8-12 when you can clearly only fit 1 per facing, and they reset every week so changing the capacity every week is an utter waste of time.

I came across something the other day in electronics that had a capacity of 196. I forget what it was, but it was something large that could only fit 1 per facing.

My favorite is the book box sets and the video games that come with something extra that always have facings of 8-12 when you can clearly only fit 1 per facing, and they reset every week so changing the capacity every week is an utter waste of time.
Our front lane capacity for new releases is always something crazy like ~200 has to be changed everyweek else all the new release dvd just get spit out everyday in the pulls

I'm a huge freak about capacity. I know that you guys don't have time to get anything done, but I would give ANYTHING for Spot to approve one person to do nothing but go behind POG during these major resets and fix all capacity issues once stuff has been pushed.

As a BRTM I'm so tired of pulling crap, having it come back, try to backstock it and be told it's challenge, but my leaders say we don't have time to deal with challenge so I backstock it. ...and then it inevitably comes out again in the next pull.

It's such a massive waste of time. We had something in HBA that had an actual capacity of 12, but when I scanned it it said the capacity was 97.

...yea...no wonder 20+ of that item came out in every pull. It doesn't make sense for me as a BRTM to leave the backroom and go fix the capacity every time I have challenge, but it just seems like they should be able to see the logic of taking a little extra time to make sure that things are accurate when such a minor problem creates a massive trickle down issue.

But alas...they're too cheap to do things the right way :confused: ((and yet they fail to realize that in the long run they're probably wasting just as much money since TMs are constantly backstocking/pulling/trying to push stuff that could've been avoided had Spot just bit the bullet and allowed time for things to be done right he first time around))

I'm all for capacity and feel backroom's pain. I jist get annoyed when our ETL blames our team for being "slow" because we couldn't finish capacity. We actually do have a TM that works in the morning and the first thing he does is work on POGs capacities before he starts working on SPLs. I think it's working, but this ETL literally wants whoever sets the aisle to do capacity.

On a positive note, our market pulls have gotten better since this whole reset. Capacities are 100% up to date. It's much easier to catch TMs who aren't checking 2nd locations.

This is why I love my ETL-Log, who was our Plano TL, before our ETL. If we have a huge set, he knows who sent Instock's over to change capacities/shoot research after we have set and pushed, or if we have a huge set (Like Market this week was). He can have extra flow TM's come over to help us push.

It is not a one way street either as we usually (when we don't have a reset like we have the past two weeks) help FLOW push whatever area is saturated in Repacks, we hate it, but we know it is a debt that will be repaid.

This is why I love my ETL-Log, who was our Plano TL, before our ETL. If we have a huge set, he knows who sent Instock's over to change capacities/shoot research after we have set and pushed, or if we have a huge set (Like Market this week was). He can have extra flow TM's come over to help us push.

It is not a one way street either as we usually (when we don't have a reset like we have the past two weeks) help FLOW push whatever area is saturated in Repacks, we hate it, but we know it is a debt that will be repaid.

I always like ETLs with background in specialty teams. I feel like Spot functions so much better.. if only, every ETL was like that

It's gonna work about as good as accessories. And when I say "good" I mean it doesn't work at all and people do precisely whatever they want.

Our front lane capacity for new releases is always something crazy like ~200 has to be changed everyweek else all the new release dvd just get spit out everyday in the pulls

I stopped changing capacities. EVERYTIME you tie a new SPL, RE , or POG, the capacities are put but to their original ones that hq set. For entertainment which changes weekly, it is a waste of time to change them. Even for a department when we do a transition since after a few weeks there are revisions for those pogs.

I stopped changing capacities. EVERYTIME you tie a new SPL, RE , or POG, the capacities are put but to their original ones that hq set. For entertainment which changes weekly, it is a waste of time to change them. Even for a department when we do a transition since after a few weeks there are revisions for those pogs.
It is definitely a waste of time in entertainment.. in all other departments I still have my team do it.

It's stupid that it resets the custom capacities for items that don't change during that revision or pog.

For shoes is there a way to tell which aisles are standard and which are reverse?
I really want to answer this sarcastically. However.... I'm guessing it would be just the way you would normally do it.

Can anyone tell me if they have success with transition pallets and how they are staged. Let me set the scenario: I dropped one of my staged pallets that was labeled with an aisle number for my toy transition. Got it to the floor and there was one (ONE!!!) box for that aisle on the darn pallet. And the aisle ranges were scattered anyway. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from my backroom team to palletize my transitions in an orderly manner? Hints, anyone!?!? What do you do at your store to help this process. We just don't seem to get it right!

Can anyone tell me if they have success with transition pallets and how they are staged. Let me set the scenario: I dropped one of my staged pallets that was labeled with an aisle number for my toy transition. Got it to the floor and there was one (ONE!!!) box for that aisle on the darn pallet. And the aisle ranges were scattered anyway. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from my backroom team to palletize my transitions in an orderly manner? Hints, anyone!?!? What do you do at your store to help this process. We just don't seem to get it right!

Our Transition pallets are usually sorted right. With POGs being pre-tied, it helps them out a lot. BRTL recently made a template for writing pallet information like aisle, POG, and set date that is taped to the load for us to see easily from the ground when the pallets are staged up high.

What needs improvement is BR doesn't pull our stuff and label what it is and sometimes combine POG fills that are not in the same area we working.

Our Transition pallets are usually sorted right. With POGs being pre-tied, it helps them out a lot. BRTL recently made a template for writing pallet information like aisle, POG, and set date that is taped to the load for us to see easily from the ground when the pallets are staged up high.

What needs improvement is BR doesn't pull our stuff and label what it is and sometimes combine POG fills that are not in the same area we working.

Count your lucky stars you have sorted pallets! We had 17+ pallets of toys, none of them sorted. I think the Plano team has worked thru maybe 5-6 today; I am sure tomorrow I will be asked "what the plan is" for working the rest even though there are still POGS to set.

Also, jealous you have the BR do POG pulls. Our Plano team has to do their own. 6-7 people all sharing one PDA to pull. I swear, my store does everything backwards in regards to plano!

Also, jealous you have the BR do POG pulls. Our Plano team has to do their own. 6-7 people all sharing one PDA to pull. I swear, my store does everything backwards in regards to plano!

We would pull plano's batches, but ain't nobody got time fo' dat. I've come to the conclusion that neither backroom nor plano is allocated the hours needed for pulling and backstocking.

I'm given a dedicated puller. Usually 20-30 hrs depending on workload and he (or she) is responsible for Plano backstock as well.

We pulled and backstocked our stuff prior but new ETL decided he didn't want Plano using hours to pull. I was the dedicated puller.

Our ETL-Log has bg on plano so when she sees the freight come in for new transitions, she'll let my team know and backroom. We usually just stage the pallets aside till we accumulate more. Depending on who can make time (plano, backroom day or o/n), I'd communicate with my ETLs or backroom TLs to have a team sort through the pallets.

Sometimes we would just set the first couple of aisles and sort through the pallets so that the next sets would be easier. This tends to happen a lot with Christmas and Halloween because candy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back