Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, just wanted to use this thread as an ongoing discussion for Presentation teams across the country to talk about ongoing and upcoming sets, vent about stupid stuff, etc. I don't actually know how many other plano people we have on the boards but feel free to jump into the conversation!

Three of us just finished toys today with the Game Wall, and some others started in Chemi's. Those stupid deep deep shelves along the walls are a super pain in the ass to move!

Hey, just wanted to use this thread as an ongoing discussion for Presentation teams across the country to talk about ongoing and upcoming sets, vent about stupid stuff, etc. I don't actually know how many other plano people we have on the boards but feel free to jump into the conversation!

Three of us just finished toys today with the Game Wall, and some others started in Chemi's. Those stupid deep deep shelves along the walls are a super pain in the ass to move!

3 in toys and some others? How many of you are there? Right now we have a whole 3 on our team (used to be 5) not counting the TL. And out of those 3, 1 does revisions.

All I want to say is that I wish I was on the plano team in my store. They get 40 hours a week, work Monday through Friday, sometimes do 10 hours/day to only work 4 days/week and I love doing plano in general. They also go on breaks whenever they want and sometimes don't do overnights with the flow team during BTC.

I suspect they made their own rules since it's only 5 team members but still.

agree! You must have an army on your team. We have 3 also, and one does revisions. We are halfway through toys, looking at bulk bins to get ahead for tomorrow. Saving the next week for chemicals...heavy duty stuff!

7 of us including our PTL. One is the old signing TM (who was really just a temporary stand-in while until they found someone more permanent) who is training me in, I'm not sure what he's going to be doing after I'm established here, because as far as I know he is looking to get another job somewhere. We obviously help the rest of the team with big sets on weeks where signing is fairly light.

Yeah, our store takes pretty good care of the plano team. We get a pretty solid 40 hours a week, 4am to 12:30, we used to not have to work weekends but it seems that someone must have complained so that rule is changed. Weekends are still pretty infrequent, every other or every third.

We're going overnight for the grocery reset in two weeks.

Our plano team is 5 people including the TL. Occasionally during large sets she will pull a few team members who want additional hours to fill. Our team rocks! The TL is amazing at planning, always staying a week ahead. The team itself is great. They check all dates when they are in food. They respond to the checklanes when it gets busy. They get alot of recognition during large sets, but the "small" revisions go unnoticed by the rest of the store. What they are able to accomplish with constantly shrinking payoll is amazing. My hat is off to all plano teams across the company!

As a new plano team member, I'm really excited to be doing this! It's been fun so far, and an interesting perspective for sure. And yes, a lot of work goes into it and it's very rewarding :)

I love the Halloween set! It is so much fun!

I love plano too, but have been extremely frustrated. We have 5 "full time", 3 who only work 1-2 days a week, and a TL (plus a signing person). Normally we have 40 hours a week, and kick total ass, going above and beyond what the job actually calls for. However lately they have cut down our available hours. We are no longer a week ahead, and I am lucky if I get two days a week on plano (i usually pick up on flow to make up the difference). Then of course we get yelled at because we couldn't get the backstock done, or the transition pushed, and what do you mean you can't set these sales planers too? And put up the new security fixtures in fragrance that we ordered ages ago and just came in this week. Makes me want to scream! You want us to do all this crap and yet you won't give us the hours to catch up. We can't bend time or move mountains.

Sorry, rant over.

There are 3 hardcore, myself and the TL with a couple of PT's.
The only problem is they like to pull the hardcores and replace them with poor performers supposedly as cross training.
We routinely get about half the hours we need to do the work. Plano is pretty much the red headed step child.

There are 3 hardcore, myself and the TL with a couple of PT's.
The only problem is they like to pull the hardcores and replace them with poor performers supposedly as cross training.
We routinely get about half the hours we need to do the work. Plano is pretty much the red headed step child.

:thumbsup: thank you . that is so true. And we know our boss only gets his allotment of hours and he has to 'deal' them out... and we understand.
The one thing that bothers me is that he likes to "help" me out, and then I find out weeks later that he never actually did it.... just tied it in. BUT i'm used to that by now and just try my best to fix it

my biggest complaint is not the lack of hours... its the fact that one week we'll get 35 the next week we'll get 5. my team is cross trained in every single area (cash office too) of the store except hr. they have to be to support their families.

i wish our workload was more stable so even if my team didn't get 40 hours (HA HA), they could at least plan on working mon/tues/wed on plano and not have to close on sunday and be back at 4 (yes, my store tells me there is NO TARGET RULE about fewer than 8 hours, just a store policy that they sometimes enforce if a tm complains too loudly).

I'm at b volume store and I love my team we get no help from other work centers yet stay a solid green, my ? is how many ptl's are taking over price change also?

My PTL also takes care of the three person Price Accuracy team.

Entertainment Transition

Everybody ready for the huge transition in Entertainment this month? Our adjacency only calls for around 150 hours but I have a feeling somebody botched the numbers. Definitely going overnight for this one...

i dont think my TL realizes just yet how big this transition is...... i was reading the comm for it.... ohhhh baby!

My Entertainment TM and I were talking about this. Yeah it's a doozy...the whole thing is flip flopping. Crazy stuff. I think the end layout of it makes a lot more sense though than the current layout.

Consumables in a few weeks. Entertainment at the end of the month. All of our entertainment flips and they are adding a focal like in toys in entertainment. This is gonna suck.

Any of you plano folks seen the communication packet for the 8/21 Cosmetics transition?

cosm isn't really bad for the fall, MMB sucks especially since no one ever ones zones or cleans over there.

Everybody ready for the huge transition in Entertainment this month? Our adjacency only calls for around 150 hours but I have a feeling somebody botched the numbers. Definitely going overnight for this one...

OMG don't get me started on the Entertainment set......gonna be a NIGHTMARE! Needless to say, week of overnights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back