Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how's cosmetics going for everyone?

seems like a pretty easy set.

also, since street date is monday, how is everyone dealing with it (those that aren't going overnight for mmb)?

Of course they didn't send us all the fixtures we need. Somehow we have 5000 cosmetic fixtures but not the ones we need.

I can't even find the motivation (or the space) to break apart the giant pallet of new entertainment fixtures we got yesterday lol.

I went through our 1 supply pallet, 3 regular signing pallets as well as our 1 over-sized pallet. Fit everything in my area in the fixture room except two pallets. One was only the ISM for the entertainment set and the other was the gondola parts and one ISM box for the new entertainment focal. They got stored in the steel above our transition area for now.

Yeah my tall untouched pallet is all the major gondola and focal parts for the transition, that's what's sitting on the line right now *hinnocent face*

And yeah how did ya like the giant pallet? haha had to get the SFT to saw that sucker in half to send back.

... had to get the SFT to saw that sucker in half to send back.

We just send them back the same day we receive them on the truck. They want to send those POS pallets to us, we'll be glad to send them right back.

I haven't even touched the pallets. Just looked through the shrink wrap to see what I got. I saw one regular signing pallet mixed with entertainment. One pallet with entertainment fixtures and one giant pallet for Halloween.

I broke down the pallets when they came in and sent that big pallet back, even though it was broke. The DC also thought it would be a good idea to stack some of the heavy fixture/signing boxes on top of light boxes and damaged most of my Halloween backer paper boxes and a few of the new entertainment headers... I hate our DC

Put all the pieces for the entertainment focal on its own pallet for the SFT to take care of early next week when we start setting. Can't wait, should be fun!

i think we're gonna have a few people on books, and 2 on the music side, since our adjacency is cutting music and books. that should give us our aisles in the middle for kids stuff.

i havent even started looking at the pallets. we got our today, and it looks like they squished almost every thing they could. hopefully tomorrow we will finish up lingerie and friday we'll do shoes (still too much clearance) and candles. excited about mmb.

5% off Today and Everyday fin/bubble things

So I was inspecting one of these and lo and behold, it says to take them down and toss them on a date way back in early 2011 or something. They also scan as NOP. We have them set on pretty much every gondola that doesn't have a different type of fin or battery sidecap! there are a lot on the floor! Are they definitely supposed to be gone, or is it sort of at the store's discretion to leave them up or take them down? I imagine they do a little bit to boost our REDcard numbers...but they are also starting to look ugly and disheveled. Does anyone else still have theirs set?

As far as I know they are still supposed to be set. HQ sent a message a long time ago to take up the floor clings, but that they would send a different date for the rest of the signing. That message has yet to come (to my knowledge anyway).

Last edited:
The only 5% signing that has gone away is the floor signing like sigma7 said. I imagine they are going to finally roll up the promotion sometime after this holiday season so that they have a little over a full year of promotion and get their money's worth out of all the promotional material.

On a different note, am I the only one who has a bad feeling for the Christmas signing this year? They are having a "quiet week" before the overheads for Halloween, and even then the amount of overheads will be light compared to last year it seems. It just leaves me with this feeling that they want to make the biggest impact possible for when Christmas sets and try to "WOW" everyone.

every endcap is supposed to have them (5%) until further notice. we received a message from hq (after I noticed the date and destroyed them a month earlier) that any that had been taken down had to be replaced.

so we're almost done with lingerie. who designed next week's workload?? a crazed payroll nazi? the lingerie set took us 2 days, and we still have the packaged undies to do. no way we couldve done mmb and lingerie (and those stinkin' candle aisles) next week with our measley 200 hours of payroll. i feel for guys who aren't able to get ahead this week. our other store sent people home all week because of sales, and their pog team still likes 3 cosmetics pogs and a shoe pog just to get done this week.

The shoes are a killer, there are a LOT of assortment boxes to pull and work out!!!

When we went thru our remodel this spring, we were told to take those 5% redcards signs down. You can probably take them down by now.

Last edited:
I had asked a stupid question on remodel signing with 5%, it was extended through whenever. That is what I was told.

I had asked a stupid question on remodel signing with 5%, it was extended through whenever. That is what I was told.

I was told the same thing. It was a real challenge to keep the remodel team from killing them. Hard enough to stopping the flow team from destroying the darn things.

On a different note, am I the only one who has a bad feeling for the Christmas signing this year? They are having a "quiet week" before the overheads for Halloween, and even then the amount of overheads will be light compared to last year it seems. It just leaves me with this feeling that they want to make the biggest impact possible for when Christmas sets and try to "WOW" everyone.

Maybe Spot looked in the dumpster and realized how much money he was spending on paper (among other things) that was going to end up in the trash. To be honest, our competitor doesn't over do with paper. Paper and signing costs big money and is damaging to the environment. I would be okay with seeing less of it myself.

Maybe Spot looked in the dumpster and realized how much money he was spending on paper (among other things) that was going to end up in the trash. To be honest, our competitor doesn't over do with paper. Paper and signing costs big money and is damaging to the environment. I would be okay with seeing less of it myself.

To be fair, even with everything we had up last year for the Christmas set, I'd say 90% of it was recyclable. Target has always been an image focused store and it's helped to set us apart from other competitors. There's lot's of things we could do differently, but then Target really wouldn't be Target if they just did the same old thing as any other retail chain.

To be fair, even with everything we had up last year for the Christmas set, I'd say 90% of it was recyclable. Target has always been an image focused store and it's helped to set us apart from other competitors. There's lot's of things we could do differently, but then Target really wouldn't be Target if they just did the same old thing as any other retail chain.

That is one of the small joys I get; watching the monster signs that almost killed me to put up being crushed in the bailer to be recycled.
The other joy is walking through the store and knowing that it looks better then the other guys.

Don't get me wrong, we recycle a tremendous amount of signing. I suppose I was just thinking along the lines of "reduce first, then recycle".

Sometimes I absolutely want to throw up when I am unpacking boxes. I am simply amazed at how much packaging get included with many things that do not require it.

Getting back on topic.... our 5% floor signs have been gone for a while now. District sent out an email saying to get them off the floor and we did, although they were up longer than was originally planned.

The Halloween signing is some of the best looking so far but it is a stone b1tch to handle.
Very delicate stuff to be sure.
I like the backer paper too.

we just set backer paper and candy... thats it so far? how is that compared to everyone else?

main flat, candy, costumes were done at the other spot. at my store, we have finished candy & 2 gandolas of main area. we are racing to catch up with no extra payroll hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back