Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we set 10 aisles today in domestics. didn't think it was too bad for 7.5 hours and four amigos. i like the way the flips have moved stuff. the sheets are coming off our back wall and look a LOT better.
this week is kicking our tail. i'm just hoping we'll get everything done for the week. anyone else feeling a lil' squeeze?

Yeah I still haven't gotten around to my fricken ISM pallet from Monday, I had to spend a couple hours cleaning the fixture room today from all the junk from yesterday's domestics work, including a cart of about 150 peghooks! >=(

We have so much to do in domestics/Housewares. Everything moves around. The worst for us is moving auto/home improvement. Have about 10 carts of misc fixtures jammed in the fixture room. Its crazy.

I had to spend a couple hours cleaning the fixture room today from all the junk from yesterday's domestics work, including a cart of about 150 peghooks! >=(

Everyday I clean out about 3-5 carts and then they jam it back up with 5 more at the end of the day. Can't wait till its over.

we set 10 aisles today in domestics. didn't think it was too bad for 7.5 hours and four amigos. i like the way the flips have moved stuff. the sheets are coming off our back wall and look a LOT better.
this week is kicking our tail. i'm just hoping we'll get everything done for the week. anyone else feeling a lil' squeeze?
is stuff already demerched for you? what about batches? how much backstock do you guys have to do?

we demerch, our transition is palletized in the back from the preties, usually sorted well. we do the set, pull, push, research, ISM signs, promotional signs, backstock, ppas (brainwashed lol). we've recently been getting 160-200 hours a week (including signing hours). i have no clue how that compares to other stores or across volume. normally, on fridays we are ahead. we do revisions for the next week and knock them out together along with any odd aisles. that way i can keep the team together. in the past, the tm working revisions tended to stretch their workload to accomodate their hours or wander off to visit the cute cashiers. if the backstock is REALLY bad, sometimes we can bribe a caf guy to help us. during bts, they bs binders for us that helped out tons, and they assist in shoes if we use our "please help us" pity faces.

all i can say for this week's domestic moves is---thank god for hanger bins! im worried about next week. we're not ahead anymore and have 300+ hours on the calendar. i don't think we're gonna be able to pull it off.

Our Plano team is feeling swamped one of my team lead commitments is running huddles I do supper huddles or smart huddles at night were ever they're resetting to help like the other night we cleared out a few aisles of clearance in domestics condensed it down to 1 and our awesome Plano team set the ones we emptied and was able to start on more tasks that night maybe because we helped but most likely because they rock :) maybe ask dayside if they can help you guys out? Partnership is the key to succuss

Well day 2 of the Home Reinvention/renovation/remodel is about to begin. Our overnight remodel and plano team did 17 aisles of D yesterday, today we do a large chunk of C. I am leading the dayside team while my Plano TL is the overnight TL.

Well day 2 of the Home Reinvention/renovation/remodel is about to begin. Our overnight remodel and plano team did 17 aisles of D yesterday, today we do a large chunk of C. I am leading the dayside team while my Plano TL is the overnight TL.
How many people are on your overnight retrofit/remodel team? And do they work Midnight-8A? Also, do you know how the division of labor breakdown is?

5 or 6 from our own team plus another 4 or 5 support help. And the construction crew, but they are only working through tonight I think and then their job is done. The overnights start right away at 10pm and go till 6:30. Not sure how my PTL is breaking out the labor.

5 or 6 from our own team plus another 4 or 5 support help. And the construction crew, but they are only working through tonight I think and then their job is done. The overnights start right away at 10pm and go till 6:30. Not sure how my PTL is breaking out the labor.
Wow. Didn't know there's "construction" involved.

We set about 16-18 aisles a night, about 2-3 aisles set per person. We had 1 demercher, 7 setters and 3 stockers. Our team was staggered by having some start at 10pm and some at 11pm so that they didn't have to wait for the construction team to build the gondolas. Our stockers came in at 2:30am so that they could stock the aisles that we had already set. We could have set more per night but we had to set behind the construction crew who was there for 4 nights. Our store had a lot of adjacency moves and about 20 pallets of stage. We didn't get any support from day side because they didn't have a lot of hours. We are currently on our second and last week of this retrofit. Can't wait for it to be over.

We set about 16-18 aisles a night, about 2-3 aisles set per person. We had 1 demercher, 7 setters and 3 stockers. Our team was staggered by having some start at 10pm and some at 11pm so that they didn't have to wait for the construction team to build the gondolas. Our stockers came in at 2:30am so that they could stock the aisles that we had already set. We could have set more per night but we had to set behind the construction crew who was there for 4 nights. Our store had a lot of adjacency moves and about 20 pallets of stage. We didn't get any support from day side because they didn't have a lot of hours. We are currently on our second and last week of this retrofit. Can't wait for it to be over.

Did you get signing for your tall focal beacons? We didn't get ANY! Now I have to order it and wait a week and in the meantime all that's showing is the ugly pegboard. ALSO, they put ALL our new domestics backer paper on the ISM pallet we received on Monday, meaning we didn't have it for when we reset C, or for these first two days of remodel where we reset the majority of D. And it was marked as "Save for Contractor". Ummmm...I beg to differ!

Did you get signing for your tall focal beacons? We didn't get ANY! Now I have to order it and wait a week and in the meantime all that's showing is the ugly pegboard. ALSO, they put ALL our new domestics backer paper on the ISM pallet we received on Monday, meaning we didn't have it for when we reset C, or for these first two days of remodel where we reset the majority of D. And it was marked as "Save for Contractor". Ummmm...I beg to differ!

I didn't get any tall focal beacon signs either. I had to order them too. We also didn't get the end cap sign holders for the end caps for the shorter gondolas. I had to order those. Our backer paper also came a week late. When we set domestics and housewares we just reused the old backer paper. Now I'm sitting on 15 boxes of backer paper. We are gonna put up the backer paper that we needed for some of the aisles we left blank and throw the rest in the compactor.

Everyday I clean out about 3-5 carts and then they jam it back up with 5 more at the end of the day. Can't wait till its over.

It makes me feel better as the store caption of the fixture room that ours isn't the only crazy one right now :)
Our Plano team is crazy town too because they had about 50 hours worth of call offs in 3 days and no one came into to cover with payroll sucking they're slightly behind

I didn't get any tall focal beacon signs either. I had to order them too. We also didn't get the end cap sign holders for the end caps for the shorter gondolas. I had to order those. Our backer paper also came a week late. When we set domestics and housewares we just reused the old backer paper. Now I'm sitting on 15 boxes of backer paper. We are gonna put up the backer paper that we needed for some of the aisles we left blank and throw the rest in the compactor.

Oh thank God we weren't the only ones. Unfortunately I was told I should have mySupported the beacon signs so we wouldn't get charged. I originally didn't because I was under the impression that because the signing was brand new to the store, it would be considered "transitional" so they wouldn't bill us anyway. Hopefully more stores did the same thing I did so they don't charge anyone across the board who had to order it. That was like 200 dollars worth of signage!

And are you talking about the grey miniature header boards for the short gondola endcaps? Or is there something new that I don't know about?

And are you talking about the grey miniature header boards for the short gondola endcaps? Or is there something new that I don't know about?

I was talking about the grey miniature head boards. Didn't receive them nor the signing that goes in them. I think i've spent about $500 in the past week just on missing signing.

I was talking about the grey miniature head boards. Didn't receive them nor the signing that goes in them. I think I've spent about $500 in the past week just on missing signing.

I highly recommend that you set up an area and hold on to additional SIM elements when sets are complete. I am only missing the actual new inserts, have more than enough surplus parts to replace any missing hardware they forgot to send this time.

I highly recommend that you set up an area and hold on to additional SIM elements when sets are complete. I am only missing the actual new inserts, have more than enough surplus parts to replace any missing hardware they forgot to send this time.

Since our store went through a major remodel many aisles such as the bedding, comforters, bed sets combined together, so the old signing didn't go up anymore. I went through all the old signing, put up the ones that carried forward, and had to order the signs for the new sets. Our store never had any of the short gondolas before this remodel, all those headers would be new and all they sent me for this remodel was backer paper a week late.

A few quick notes ...
Got in a bunch of the signing for Christmas and I have to say I still hate over sized pallets especially when they get busted in transit.

Signs for another television transition ... need I say more.

Did they measure the plastic riser boxes that the small appliances are supposed to go on and under when they set the damned planogram? Because the food savers don't fit.

Do all the signing people have to the urgent sign batches now or is it just my store?

still missing our sm app risers. got our signing in today.
not just your store, we do the urgent stuff too.

any of you guys have the small app display shelves with the curved front?

A few quick notes ...
Got in a bunch of the signing for Christmas and I have to say I still hate over sized pallets especially when they get busted in transit.

Signs for another television transition ... need I say more.

Did they measure the plastic riser boxes that the small appliances are supposed to go on and under when they set the damned planogram? Because the food savers don't fit.

Do all the signing people have to the urgent sign batches now or is it just my store?

1. Ours wasn't broken, but it took me forever to break out the three pallets of fixtures/signing/supplies and find places to put all the christmas stuff. Next week is going to be very interesting... The adjacency calendar is absolutely packed, practically every salesplanner in the store is changing, revisions up the ass, lots of signing to set in the alotted "3 hours" or whatever the Monthly Signing Update said. That said, I got smart and just put the pallet back on the empty truck instead of sawing it in half and waiting until our sweep day.

3. We just turned the three appliances that were on that foodsaver section sideways so they all fit under the riser.

4. I haven't heard anything about having to do them myself.

This is the way ours is and has been for quite a while... ever since our PFresh remodel I think!

If you mean the ones with the damn plastic pieces that snap into the curve, we just got done switching them out. We got tired of every week having to go by and replace all the missing signing and snapping a new plastic cover in. We've gone and replaced everything with 14" shelves with curved bull-nose fixtures pegged into them. Now the signs just slide in and can be left alone. One less thing to have to keep an eye on during my "maintenance walks".

1. Ours wasn't broken, but it took me forever to break out the three pallets of fixtures/signing/supplies and find places to put all the christmas stuff. Next week is going to be very interesting... The adjacency calendar is absolutely packed, practically every salesplanner in the store is changing, revisions up the ass, lots of signing to set in the alotted "3 hours" or whatever the Monthly Signing Update said. That said, I got smart and just put the pallet back on the empty truck instead of sawing it in half and waiting until our sweep day.

Don't use the information from the Signing Update to closely. Anyone who has done signing for awhile can tell you that they can be wildly wrong at times. There will be jobs they give you an hour for that are done in 15 minutes, and then there are 30 minute jobs that can take you 2 hours sometimes. Just work as fast as you can while making sure you get it done right the first time. No one can ask more than that.

Just remember the Monthly Signing Update is only the non-planogrammed signing allocation, you still have the workload from the Signing area on Adjacency Calendar as well.

Of course at my store they always allocate 30 hours whether it be a 10 hour week or a 60 hour week, you're just supposed to be able to get it all done by yourself.

Don't use the information from the Signing Update to closely. Anyone who has done signing for awhile can tell you that they can be wildly wrong at times. There will be jobs they give you an hour for that are done in 15 minutes, and then there are 30 minute jobs that can take you 2 hours sometimes. Just work as fast as you can while making sure you get it done right the first time. No one can ask more than that.

I love it when you should be able to just drop the sign in and walk away but they make them a half inch too wide so something that should have taken 30 second is now a five minute project (X however many signs are the wrong size) to trim the damn things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back