Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellow signing specs, I need some technique advice for putting up window clings, apparently I suck really badly at doing the larger ones... as evidenced by my utter failure at putting up the flu shot cling at the front entrance. Luckily my store got sent 2, and we are a 1 entrance store so I have a second shot at it tomorrow. But I need some pointers! :(

Sorry I am a little but late on this, but for clings the secret is the spray the surface with plain water, pretty heavily. Next, position the cling. Use the blue squeegee to pull the water out, and there should be no bubbles left at all. The water will not hurt the cling and it looks great afterwards.

A few quick notes ...
Got in a bunch of the signing for Christmas and I have to say I still hate over sized pallets especially when they get busted in transit.

Signs for another television transition ... need I say more.

Did they measure the plastic riser boxes that the small appliances are supposed to go on and under when they set the damned planogram? Because the food savers don't fit.

Do all the signing people have to the urgent sign batches now or is it just my store?

Those risers are for the waffle makers. If you check the schematic on the planogram, there is a separate fixture that holds the two food savers in a tiered fashion.

Sorry I am a little but late on this, but for clings the secret is the spray the surface with plain water, pretty heavily. Next, position the cling. Use the blue squeegee to pull the water out, and there should be no bubbles left at all. The water will not hurt the cling and it looks great afterwards.

I'll have to try that, thanks for the idea.
That's what I like about The Breakroom.
I learn something new everyday.

What's the 'blue squeegee'?

What's the 'blue squeegee'?

They send them once or twice a year with the clings. IIRC they normally send 2 with the new year's store hour clings.

Just make sure you save them since they are the best way to put up clings, though Credit / ID cards are decent as well.

Holy hell. 500 hours on the Adjacency Calendar this week. 6 or 7 team members. Someone hold my hand.

Yep, got about 300 hours POG / Revision and another 200 for SPL. This is going to be a fun week since I'm at an ULV store.

We're doing well thankfully, been working on this week's work since about Wednesday of last week. We've even managed to start moving some of our gondolas around for the Xmas set.

Wow. Yeah I think we're maybe at 15 or 16 percent on TWT? Haha all those damn last-minute revisions.

Me being on both Plano and Signing is bad too... I have no time to sit down and build trees/tables/bins yet. Not sure when/if that's going to happen any time in advance of the day we set it #ohgodimscrewed

silly stl wont let us set xmas early. wont let us condense halloween. i just wanna smack him over the head with a rolled up newspaper and say "NO". darn supertarget rejects who think everything works the same way in a lv store. this is what got us behind after bts. he thinks 5 people are gonna breeze through 500 hours...

We did ours in 4 hours this morning with 3 and a half people. Don't know if that's good or bad. We also did the cosmetics POGs. I saw all the salesplanners from C and D lurking in the bin...waiting.... to kill.

Reset all of intimates today, again with 4 people. Took nearly the whole day. Ouch. on the plus side, our sales floor TL's are really cracking down on the salesplanners in their areas so hopefully there is a minimal amount that we will end up doing.

It sucks being short staffed!

TV wall was easier then I usual so that was nice.
Been trying to be in all parts of the store at the same time to keep up with all the different plano projects and getting ready for the Christmas set at the same time.
Fun, fun, fun.

Damn it all.... Ended up setting the Premium Wrap POG and we are missing an entire kit! We have a total of 8 feet where we can't put product right now. Figures, I start taking for granted checking against the invoice and they slip something past me, my own fault I guess. Oh well, I'll be hitting up mySupport tomorrow on this one.

Just checked my wrap planograms today since stores seem to be short. Luckily we got all 8 wrap bins in. I would mysupport and see if they can rush ship them out.

Well, we have all of Trim and the Tree Flat set. Just need to do Wrap world, luckily our Halloween is selling down well so we should have all three sides cleared when we walk in tomorrow at 4.

Unfortunately I have to divert my time to Plano and out of signing, so I probably won't finish hanging overheads this week. I have FOS and Checklanes done, so at least people are getting a blast of Christmas as they walk in and as they leave! Oh, I have all my endcap toppers done too.

I have a question for plano TMs. One of our plano TMs said they are the only store that has to do their own pulls. She said at other stores backroom pulls them. I've helped pull them before when I worked backroom, but I know this isn't always the case. Who does them at your store? Thanks for your replies. :)

Backroom does the pulls for our plano team.

Got the trim a tree fixture and all the freaking wrap tubes built.
The stolen arch for seasonal is up are is the back walls.
Entry way and checklanes also done.
So much more to do but much further along then I was this time last year.

Last edited:
Missing wrap bins? (tubes) Front tubes, then 5 sections tubes and the last section should be shippers according to our plano (spaces didn't match tubes) I might have to reread the plano to be certain....

I have 55 hours for signing next week, so I am assuming I am going to be building those dang 2 day sale bins. Oh the joys of Christmas!

Not a good set this year. We are a high B volume and plano was given 90 hours to accomplish all the Christmas set, 100% fill and One Spot, 100% fill(7 pallets of merch). Doesn't look like they will finish all the planograms for the rest of the store. Is this normal?

BTW, in our store, plano hours go to a backroom person to pull for them. Usually about 4 hours a day.

100% complete with this weeks signing. Today is going to be for building next weeks mini seasonal and cleaning up. Over all a walk in the park compared to years past.....

Last edited:
I have a question for plano TMs. One of our plano TMs said they are the only store that has to do their own pulls. She said at other stores backroom pulls them. I've helped pull them before when I worked backroom, but I know this isn't always the case. Who does them at your store? Thanks for your replies. :)

At my store we (plano) all pull our own batches and do our own backstock. We all have to be backroom certified. Since we work overnight while they are doing the truck, there is no one to spare from the backroom to do it for us. Sometimes if we are running behind we might leave backstock for the dayside team, but that is rare these days.

Our backroom pulls our plano batches for us, but we do the backstock.

Christmas is done finally. All the signing is done around the store. Already put together the overhead signs for mini, just need to wait till it gets set. Next weeks 55 hour workload for signing looks easy, just some 5% signing updates, mens, and a checklane giftcard endcap. Hopefully the two day bins that should be coming next week are like last years because those were pretty easy to build. The 2-day sale packets with the signing audit guide should be here on Friday, hopefully they don't go overboard with all the signing.

We do our own pulls and backstock most of the time. Its been the culture at the store I am at for many many years. I have heard "best practice" says backroom is supposed to pull them though. The flow leaders like to throw the best practice line at us from time to time when it benefits them on issues where they battle us though. I always want to inform them backroom is supposed to do our pulls but never do because I take pride and doing my work from start to finish.

we pulled our own batches but never had time to completely fill due to this. instock scores were bad so District stepped in and told backroom to get their act together and now we tie and create batches the day before and backroom pulls them for us

we've set trees, trim, and mini. saving roll wrap for monday. my silly stl had us BOX UP halloween we spent all day condensing yesterday. then we had to move OTHER HALLOWEEN to the spot we just BOXED UP. we didn't get out until 2pm. thing is, i told him his plan wouldnt work, our etl told him, but hes the self proclaimed transition "god" who thinks delegating a transition is the EXACT same thing as EXECUTING it. /end rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back