Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we've set trees, trim, and mini. saving roll wrap for monday. my silly stl had us BOX UP halloween we spent all day condensing yesterday. then we had to move OTHER HALLOWEEN to the spot we just BOXED UP. we didn't get out until 2pm. thing is, i told him his plan wouldnt work, our etl told him, but hes the self proclaimed transition "god" who thinks delegating a transition is the EXACT same thing as EXECUTING it. /end rant.
a clueless wonder! My Halloween is all out & now beat that.

I sure miss the days when our etls would be right with us during a transition to help guide the team. It helped bond us to our etl. Now, we just feel resentment when they tell plano they need to move faster, but never saw for themselves the obstacles they encountered.

Enough whining. LOL!

Now something we did last year that worked like a charm. I put large pieces of the cardboard from the bin boxes and laid them on pallets. Built the bins and put them on the pallets. Set the planograms for the bins, and filled them. (If a planogram had more sections than would fit on a pallet, I just put the plano on section 1, and the other sections, a piece of paper marked " Plano A******, Sect 3, etc" taped on the side) Thanksgiving morning, we moved the pallets out to their salesfloor location and grabbed the extra length of cardboard hanging off the pallet and slid the filled bins off the pallets. Just took a bit of adjusting and buttoning together, but then we were finished within a couple hours. Filling them way ahead of time made sure we had all the product and there were no surprises at the last minute. Got to go home early to my family!

One thing I didn't finish this week was the 350+ toy catalog flags. Where can I find the Toy catalog item list? Or do I have to go by the catalog itself?

Yes there is a toy guide, with aisle numbers. Go under store reports, look for toy specfic report. It's the toyaraus report, but I can't spell too good.

I was able to delegate out the toy flags to two flow TMs :)

Setting Wrap world was a big success today, everyone even got out on time.

Now we have sidecaps and the rest of the salesplanners to set for tomorrow. Let's get er done!!!

Our backroom pulls our plano batches for us, but we do the backstock.

Christmas is done finally. All the signing is done around the store. Already put together the overhead signs for mini, just need to wait till it gets set. Next weeks 55 hour workload for signing looks easy, just some 5% signing updates, mens, and a checklane giftcard endcap. Hopefully the two day bins that should be coming next week are like last years because those were pretty easy to build. The 2-day sale packets with the signing audit guide should be here on Friday, hopefully they don't go overboard with all the signing.

The biggest waste of time was last years overhead bin signs. I think I had them up a total 2 hours, then had to fight the crowds to take them down!

One thing I didn't finish this week was the 350+ toy catalog flags. Where can I find the Toy catalog item list? Or do I have to go by the catalog itself?

On workbench. Go to store reports and under salesfloor there is a link for toy catalog by aisle. There was also a sheet of paper that came with the flags that tells you were to go on workbench to print out the locations.

On workbench. Go to store reports and under salesfloor there is a link for toy catalog by aisle. There was also a sheet of paper that came with the flags that tells you were to go on workbench to print out the locations.

Hmmm...didn't see that in the baggie, but then I separated the flags from the other things in the box early on and could have over looked it. Thanks for the help!

So we set the Bodega tables and 90 percent of mini. Still a lot of Xmas in the store, but it's selling down, most of it is onto the back wall now so we'll probably set all of seasonal on Monday.

We did mini first, for us it's buckets, boxes and storage. Bodega on Monday.
Hung all the CLEARANCE bubbles.
Also did all the softlines signing, endcaps in sporting good, trendruns for domestics, focals everywhere, and valentines day endcaps.
Oh yea and put away everybody's freaking shelves so that I could find space in the fixture room for all the infant/toddler displays that are coming in.

I just palletized all the fixtures and infant displays and shot them up in the steel. Don't you hate how they are sending the infant displays little by little? I liked it when they shipped all together on separate pallets!

Took Monday-Wed to wipe out Christmas and put up/flip all the sl/hardlines signs. Thursday to clean the fixture room (and yes size/hang millions of shelves!LOL!)
and friday to order bounce back signs and organized next weeks signs.

Hmmm...just remembered that I didn't change out the Toy endcap department circle signs or the jewelry spinner signs..Oh well.

It feels so good to be back to signing!!

Every time I open my email, I get the calendar reminder that I set for myself to flip the Activewear C9 towers on 12/12.... *push snooze*

Good idea! I never thought to do that! I have a clipboard that hangs by the signing pc for people to write down what they want me to order on Fridays that I write notes for myself to flip sl signs. I'm going to teach myself on Monday to use the calendar on monday. Thanks Formina!

Went in today at 4 to set See Spot with two other guys. Got it done in 5 hours. 5 pallets of freight to work through...ugh it blows my mind how cheap and nasty some of that stuff is lol.

Went in today at 4 to set See Spot with two other guys. Got it done in 5 hours. 5 pallets of freight to work through...ugh it blows my mind how cheap and nasty some of that stuff is lol.

Thats awesome! Good job! We still have soooo much Spot Christmas left over, I can't imagine what they are going to do with it all!

today we set SSS and the aisles of bodega. tomorrow we'll probably do toys and let the xmas clearance sell down a little more, we have two aisles left. have you guys put together the bodega tables? it took my signing guy all day long (and he had help). it didn't seem like it should take that long, although it did look like a pita.

so i noticed on our schedule next week the pog team was cut a day and the salesfloor was given our hours (under pog... they basically took the place of the pog team). i questioned my etl, he says tough, he needs me to train his seasonal tm that they are keeping. it pissed me off. these pog guys have busted their butts and ran toys, pushed truck, covered the lanes/electronics, etc. during Q4 and i know our hours will be gone after this month and we'll be back down to 25 hrs/wk, if that. it doesn't seem fair they can lose their hours already when the salesfloor at our store maintains around 30-35 year round. he could have at least added them into salesfloor, since they can work circles around his team. /end rant :D

Finished Toys and SSS last week, so we're the better part of a week ahead.

Today was fun, set all of video games (except NR) and a couple aisles of Bodega. Then I had to have my team condense seasonal for the rest of the day. Luckily VG don't move so the time estimates are not even close to being accurate, I only had 4 people setting the 80 hour department.

Tomorrow shall be even more fun, entertainment + Bodega tables.

today we set SSS and the aisles of bodega. tomorrow we'll probably do toys and let the xmas clearance sell down a little more, we have two aisles left. have you guys put together the bodega tables? it took my signing guy all day long (and he had help). it didn't seem like it should take that long, although it did look like a pita.

so i noticed on our schedule next week the pog team was cut a day and the salesfloor was given our hours (under pog... they basically took the place of the pog team). i questioned my etl, he says tough, he needs me to train his seasonal tm that they are keeping. it pissed me off. these pog guys have busted their butts and ran toys, pushed truck, covered the lanes/electronics, etc. during Q4 and i know our hours will be gone after this month and we'll be back down to 25 hrs/wk, if that. it doesn't seem fair they can lose their hours already when the salesfloor at our store maintains around 30-35 year round. he could have at least added them into salesfloor, since they can work circles around his team. /end rant :D

Glad you mentioned Bodega tables. We aren't setting those until Thursday, so I should start to prebuild them. If you look on the instruction sheet for the tables, it usually tells you how many hours/minutes they take to build them. They normally allow you plenty of time. I haven't even opened the boxes, do they require use of the christmas tables?

Today, POG got Girls Toys, Preschool set, & One Spot set. Love the new signing in Toys!

I noticed last week that part of our softlines team was scheduled under plano and wondered why.

I'm in a west coast store so we are setting garden/patio and a smaller version of bullseye bodega. I've been spending most of my time building patio furniture. We are halfway done with toys and still have a lot of Christmas clearance left making it hard to set in rear seasonal.

I set the Bodega tables on Thursday last week. The sheets say 1hr15mins or 1hr30mins, and they were actually pretty close to that. They ARE a pain in the ass to assemble, for how dinky they end up looking!

I haven't even opened the boxes, do they require use of the christmas tables?

yes

So what does everyone think of the new signs for the toy sections?

I think I'm missing my Star Wars one, unless they packed it in with another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back