Archived The Big & Dandy Plano thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miniseasonal is mostly done, we do seasonal during overnights Mon and Tues.
Wasn't too happy that I'll have to break away to put up all the softlines stuff for the new designer.
Do they even think about the timing on this stuff?

Mini is set, and half of rear is set. We still have the first few aisles to do, as well as all the overhead signing. Not sure if I'll get time to do it this week, we still have freezers and Missoni to set...

Haven't even started mini or rear. Gonna try to set both in one day and fill the next. Finished shoes, freezers, and sales planners this week and started sporting goods.

wow i feel so far behind. we just wrapped up the sidecaps and salesplanners today. tomorrow we're gonna set all the revisions for next week, seasonal 4, sgoods. monday is mini, tuesday/wednesday is halloween. we've already set the heaters/grills and outdoor lighting backwall stuffs. saving the lights run (currently bpacks) for clearance.

hey anyone know where the logo extended run is supposed to go? it's not on our map, but we got the pog. did i miss something?
can you order just the plastic fins for the sidecaps?

Mini is set, and half of rear is set. We still have the first few aisles to do, as well as all the overhead signing. Not sure if I'll get time to do it this week, we still have freezers and Missoni to set...

Due to the hurricane last week..we lost power and all product.. so needless to say the revisions in frozen were pretty easy to do.. :p

Hey fellow signing specs, I need some technique advice for putting up window clings, apparently I suck really badly at doing the larger ones... as evidenced by my utter failure at putting up the flu shot cling at the front entrance. Luckily my store got sent 2, and we are a 1 entrance store so I have a second shot at it tomorrow. But I need some pointers! :(

Oh, and to anyone who hasn't yet done their freezers. If you're replacing all the label strip holders, get the new strip started in the channel with your thumb, then use an orange tool to just slide down the length of the strip and press the rest of it in. Turns a 30 second job into a 2 second job, and saves you almost certain arthritis/carpal tunnel.

Don't try for perfect, it will just drive you nuts.
Make sure the glass is clean.
You can pop and seal down bubbles that don't move.
I've found the gradual peel and fold of the backer paper works on the bigger ones.

Hey fellow signing specs, I need some technique advice for putting up window clings, apparently I suck really badly at doing the larger ones... as evidenced by my utter failure at putting up the flu shot cling at the front entrance. Luckily my store got sent 2, and we are a 1 entrance store so I have a second shot at it tomorrow. But I need some pointers! :(

First thing is make sure you have your blue squeegee for clings. They don't always send new ones so whomever has been doing signing before you should have some saved, I have like 5 in various places at my store. If you don't have one you can use a credit card / DL / health insurance card.

When doing window clings I always peel about a 2 inch horizontal line back from the top and fold it over, that way I can get the top of the cling started on a straight line. Use your squeegee to get all of the air bubbles out of those top 2 inches that you have pre-peeled, generally the best way is to start at the center and use a horizontal motion to the right and the left to clear bubbles. Once done with the top very slowly start peeling the paper down the cling while using the squeegee to stick it to the glass using the same side to side motion. If you do it right you won't get any major bubbles in your cling.

Good luck

Anyone see the new halloween signing. They really cut down a lot this year. And it's very fragile. The only tricky part is gonna be the directional signs with the bats..

Set all my halloween signing today! To contradict the previous post, I actually thought the directional bats were the easiest part. It was a pain in the ass to build all the green/purple ghost clouds because they do not stand up on their own and you have to do a bunch of bends in them. Overall I think it looks pretty cool, but unfortunately our RS/MS gondolas do not line up with the rails on the back wall so the big focal graphics do not hang in the center like the illustrations show. Oh well...

I also dislike how the ceiling grid in the overhead instructions is of course, oriented the wrong way for my FOS, MS, and RS so I get to guess my way through hanging everything. I gotta say, I think it turned out alright :)

Mini-seasonal is killing us. We're expected to de-merchandise the aisles, push what can go to home locations, clean the aisles, set the aisles, drop and push the pallets (including pipo pallets), pull our own batches, push our batches, and leave no backstock for the backroom to do. All within the allotted hours that come down from corporate. How do you guys do it?

How are Backroom Day TMs handling the OFCE batch during the 12pm CAFs, with all the OFCE stuff the Plano team are backstocking from BTS? At my store NO ONE (besides myself) does SUBT 9999, even though I've tried getting the ETL-LOG on board with it.

Today the 12pm CAF OFCE batch was 54 DPCIs, 1884 eaches!

Mini-seasonal is killing us. We're expected to de-merchandise the aisles, push what can go to home locations, clean the aisles, set the aisles, drop and push the pallets (including pipo pallets), pull our own batches, push our batches, and leave no backstock for the backroom to do. All within the allotted hours that come down from corporate. How do you guys do it?

Same thing at our store. I got a huge lecture this morning for leaving 2 repacks of backstock from mini and how it's not fair for the backroom team to finish our workload. We finally got Halloween set this week but there is no way we will come close to finishing salesplanners. I'm dreading having to explain this to my ETL who doesn't have a clue about anything presentation related.

Finished Halloween in 3 days. Luckily they demerched a lot for us, but we still had to demerch a few aisles. We stocked about 50 pallets between the Halloween and candy product. Still got sporting goods and salesplanners left, hopefully we make it.

ditto ism master.

i tried to explain to our stl (who thinks he is a transition wizard) on friday--we needed to go ahead and merch the btc clearance and move the domestics clearance and ptm the aisles. he said we could pull everything but leave one facing on both the clearance and the regular stuff. that's a waste of time. so monday we came into btc fully packed out and had to clear everything. we got it done and got mini set, but it put us way behind.
we set everything tuesday and pushed everything today for halloween. but we had to stay over both days to push the 50+ pallets. we're doing sgoods tomorrow, then we're off friday. so much for getting ahead for next week.
we did go ahead and add "riser" shelves for all the extra jackolantern pails we always get, and extra shelves for the lighted pumpkins. after tweaking the pogs a little, we only had about 2 pallets of bstock.

when you get your maps for the department changes, do you always move your aisles?
our former ptl did not move any of the aisles in domestics/furniture/home decor/pets where they were supposed to go last time. said they didn't have the payroll. so this time around, i'm going to move them. my etl doesn't care, but isn't it supposed to follow the map?

what about aisle numbers? do your numbers always match the map they send? just curious.

also, what type of organization do you guys use for your strips/pogs/salesplanners etc.? do you staple your pogs? write the location on them? have a designated spot?

just trying to learn and improve! thanks for your time!

also, what type of organization do you guys use for your strips/pogs/salesplanners etc.? do you staple your pogs? write the location on them? have a designated spot?!

I can't speak to the rest of your post, but for this, we have a four foot shelf set aside in the fixture room that holds all the strips for the week/two weeks out, when we set we dig through them and find what we need. POGs are kept with our PTL until they are set, when she distributes them. Sometimes if it's a confusing pog or she has specific direction, she will write the location and section number on them. Revisions are also on her desk and are generally a grab-when-you-can. Salesplanners are kept in a little file folder cubby thing in the team lead desk area. Usually someone (I honestly don't know who) prints the labels and staples them on.

Retrofit / Mini Remodel

Any one going through a retrofit in domestics/housewares/home decor. Ours starts soon and wondering how it is going?

Haven't started yet but not really looking forward to it so much.
I'll be building a bunch of displays and rearranging the ones already there.
Love the way they just sent me the couch display for the focal but the guy to build it came to build it 2 weeks ago so the ETL had him take one out of the box.

Started on the back wall for holiday lights today.
Man do I hate building Christmas displays.
They don't fit together worth a damn, I get glitter all over myself, and how the heck do flamingos have anything to do with Christmas?
Funny how one of the two Jews in the store winds up doing all of the Christmas decorating.

We are halfway done with setting Domestics. Well C at least, D is going to happen alongside the remodel. All the shower coordinates move to the back wall and I think it looks a LOT better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back