I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

From what I am aware of, when you leave good old spot, your vacation time is paid out but your personal hours are not. What happens to your sick time? I never had the slightest idea how to use it anyways and it never got used when I was actually "sick." I heard from co-workers in my store that it does get paid out but before I call it quits for good, I wanted to know what happens to it because there is a good chunk of time in there. Thanks.

OK so I go in today and everything is fine. Then I go on lunch 5 hrs into my shift and come out woozy and coughing up nasty stuff. There was only one other person in the breakroom and we conversated from separate ends of the table. Then I come back out to the floor and realize almost every single TM is coughing, sniffling and sneezing. What is the best way for me to beat this cold as soon as possible?

TIA

When I left, my ETL-HR and HR TM told me that everything gets paid out. I used up my Sick and PH before I left anyway but I did receive my vacation time. I'm in NJ if that makes a difference.

Drink EmergenC, and take a multi-vitamin and Fish Oil.
Keep hand sanitizer with you.
Wear a medical mask during non-store hours with the increase of # of boxes and dust & particulate.
Gargle salt water.
Use the Nedi-Med.
Eat lots of Chicken Soup.

Having the best luck with vicks vaporub
mucinex
sweatsuit
and multiple hot totty's
(1 part honey, 1 part tea, 1 part lemon and key lime juice, 1 part ground cinnamon,and 2 parts tequila or rum)

I'm in college and i was invited to a private dinner for winning a essay contest at my university. I want to attend since i want to be well known by professors. So..
Is this a good reason to call my target and tell them i cant go to work because of this? I started a week ago and i hate doing this now but my education is very important to me.

Report to your tl, etl or lod, without delay. Could be an environment event. Gas leak or co2, etc.

You definitely want to get it looked into if it's affecting the whole store, especially if it starts to affect guests (if that happens, you'll hear about it if you don't witness it).

I'm in college and i was invited to a private dinner for winning a essay contest at my university. I want to attend since i want to be well known by professors. So..
Is this a good reason to call my target and tell them i cant go to work because of this? I started a week ago and i hate doing this now but my education is very important to me.
Depends on the day your event is. If its Black Friday, you are out of luck. Everyone has to work. If not, your best option is to switch shifts. If you are seasonal or permanent&under 90 days, Target can terminate you just for one missing one shift.

But if you tell the ETL or HR, they will try to work with you or find someone to cover your shift.

Being well under your 90 days, this would not be good, especially if you want to stay on past Christmas. I would talk to your TL or ETL and see if there is a way to leave early or swap shifts with someone on your team. Utilize the swap shift sheet in HR. If the event is this week, it may be to late to utilize this tool, but bring it up as soon as possible.
While (at least at my store) education is important, Target is in the business of making money and this is the worst time of year to call in for work. Normally, we require at least two weeks notice for time off requests, but things do come up. I tell my team to notifiy us as soon as possible when issues with the schedule come up so we can try to make them work. Business needs come first, but we try to make things work.
Congrats on your success in your educational endeavors.

If it's Black Friday (which I doubt it would be), then you would be SOL. But if it's any other day within the next 2 weeks, check out the Swap Shift board. If you can't find a taker, ask your TL, ETL, or HR for help. They can usually find people if given early enough notice.

Also, if you're that new, you should try to avoid calling in, as the effects of attendance issues are much greater on new hires. If you don't give advance notice of your absence, your shift may not be filled, and your team will probably not be happy with you for not being there.

Frankly, as a new hire, there is no good reason to call in. Talk to your ETL-HR and explain the situation, as it's an educational opportunity and Target does take school pretty seriously.

You definitely want to get it looked into if it's affecting the whole store, especially if it starts to affect guests (if that happens, you'll hear about it if you don't witness it).

Yes. This this this a hundred times over (so, this repeated 300 times, lol). Be on the safe side.

Back