I'm Lost! The Call In/Sick/Late/NCNS/Attendance Thread

they pay MOST Target employees SEVEN $ an hour (which isn't even to cover GAS expenses to DRIVE to work somtimes) and they expect THE WORLD!

First of all, everyone needs to calm down because there is NO reason to get upset over this thread! I can see where the points are coming from, but lets relate with each other better and remember to keep things a bit more collected.

The first point that stuck out to me that some people may not understand is that a NCNS and attendance issues (late, calling in etc) are not classified as the same thing to Target... If you get put onto CA for NCNS (conduct) and then CA for late (attendance) they don't go together because they are too different things in Target's eyes! Second, if you get put on CA then you should not be able to promote as long as the 6 month period is in place! I had to go above and beyond to promote, so I think staying off of CA is the least they should expect (I think they should want a WHOLE lot more than that)...

Now whether I think it warranted a CA? I would say probably... Its not up to the TLs as much as the STL and ETL-HR to decide what you guys go by... All we can tell you is that it should be fair and consistent among all TMs... If its an instant CA for everyone, then yes what they did was fair! In my store its instant final usually!

Wow..... Got some hot tempers in here. NCNS are considered a conduct issue and result in a CA. Failure to follow calling in 2 hours prior or two hours after the beginning of your shift will be classified as a NCNS. Thats stated right in the target handbook. Any type of Corrective action will prevent any promotions or transfers. Our store turns down transfers all the time due to CA's. The only concern I have is that you say you NCNS a month ago and now just being placed on a CA? thats not fair if thats the truth. As a Leader we have the responsibility to treating you fairly, which means holding you accountable in a timely manner. It doesn't take that long to put someone on a CA. I have had CA's written, reviewed, approved and delivered all in one day.[/QUOTE As a STL, you must realize that entry level TM's have NO rights, NO protections, NO benefits, NO pay (well 7$/hr) There NEEDS to be ALOT MORE transparency to the Target policies, meaning, have the rules IN WRITING about what people can expect, and I mean IN WRITING and available for viewing, not some rediculous confidential Target document that ONLY MGT and HR have access to read!

Wow..... Got some hot tempers in here. NCNS are considered a conduct issue and result in a CA. Failure to follow calling in 2 hours prior or two hours after the beginning of your shift will be classified as a NCNS. Thats stated right in the target handbook. Any type of Corrective action will prevent any promotions or transfers. Our store turns down transfers all the time due to CA's. The only concern I have is that you say you NCNS a month ago and now just being placed on a CA? thats not fair if thats the truth. As a Leader we have the responsibility to treating you fairly, which means holding you accountable in a timely manner. It doesn't take that long to put someone on a CA. I have had CA's written, reviewed, approved and delivered all in one day.[/QUOTE As a STL, you must realize that entry level TM's have NO rights, NO protections, NO benefits, NO pay (well 7$/hr) There NEEDS to be ALOT MORE transparency to the Target policies, meaning, have the rules IN WRITING about what people can expect, and I mean IN WRITING and available for viewing, not some rediculous confidential Target document that ONLY MGT and HR have access to read!

The specifics of how the policies work shouldn't be given to everyone! If TMs knew exactly how the CA process worked, how many people would take advantage of that? I was a TM for five years, and never once did I "need" to know these policies... Don't NCNS, don't call in too much, show up on time.... all pretty basic things that if you don't do will result in coaching or CA, the specifics of which shouldn't matter?

The specifics of how the policies work shouldn't be given to everyone! If TMs knew exactly how the CA process worked, how many people would take advantage of that? I was a TM for five years, and never once did I "need" to know these policies... Don't NCNS, don't call in too much, show up on time.... all pretty basic things that if you don't do will result in coaching or CA, the specifics of which shouldn't matter?

I agree with Rock Lobster - as mentioned, the specifics are in the employee handbook and are pretty easy to read and follow. No surprises if you come to work each day you are scheduled.

The resolution to the problem is for Target (and ALL corporate america and BIG businesses) to appreciate ALL of their employees not just the managers and supervisors. Many on here choose not to acknowledge that our country has been going downhill as it pertains to how the poor and lower middle income people are treated, paid, and given benefits since 1980. You have over 80% of the people working in the store (or in any company/business for that matter) often getting single digits per hour income and yet there are very high expectations of those people for very little recognition or appreciation (neither financially nor verbally) Raises usually entail betwen ZERO and ten CENTS per hour. Which means benefit cost INcreases affect the LOWER paid employees ALOT more. To revert to the original topic at hand, do I think it's right to No Call No Show? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Anyone with common sense realizes that isn't decent or fair thing to do to your employer. At the same time, do I think someone who does that for the FIRST time or ONLY time after MONTHS or YEARS of service should be given more than a Verbal warning? NO! ESPECIALLY for those who called in (though a few hours late). The punishment has the fit the crime, and the OVERALL performance of the employee must be taken into consideration. Supervisors and Managers should NOT be giving corrective action to people they obviously just DONT LIKE, in lots of cases, simply because the employee is of another race or gender or orientation or they think is ugly or fat or has been on a leave of absence or whatever, NO discrimination of ANY kind should be tolerated, period!

At my store if the execs like you you can NCNS one day, call in for the next 5 days after that, NCNS again the next week, and then NCNS again a couple weeks later and only after the 3rd NCNS do you get put on corrective action because the execs have to somewhat follow policy but if it were up to them they'd let it slide. And they'll let it go despite you being facebook friends with TLs and ETLs and you're posting pictures of you getting wasted when you're supposed to be working.

Or you can habitually sleep through your alarm every Saturday and show up an hour or two late and it's no big deal even though there is ZERO coverage in your area.

And they wonder why our service scores aren't green...

The resolution to the problem is for Target (and ALL corporate america and BIG businesses) to appreciate ALL of their employees not just the managers and supervisors. Many on here choose not to acknowledge that our country has been going downhill as it pertains to how the poor and lower middle income people are treated, paid, and given benefits since 1980. You have over 80% of the people working in the store (or in any company/business for that matter) often getting single digits per hour income and yet there are very high expectations of those people for very little recognition or appreciation (neither financially nor verbally) Raises usually entail betwen ZERO and ten CENTS per hour. Which means benefit cost INcreases affect the LOWER paid employees ALOT more. To revert to the original topic at hand, do I think it's right to No Call No Show? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Anyone with common sense realizes that isn't decent or fair thing to do to your employer. At the same time, do I think someone who does that for the FIRST time or ONLY time after MONTHS or YEARS of service should be given more than a Verbal warning? NO! ESPECIALLY for those who called in (though a few hours late). The punishment has the fit the crime, and the OVERALL performance of the employee must be taken into consideration. Supervisors and Managers should NOT be giving corrective action to people they obviously just DONT LIKE, in lots of cases, simply because the employee is of another race or gender or orientation or they think is ugly or fat or has been on a leave of absence or whatever, NO discrimination of ANY kind should be tolerated, period!

Trust me, I understand! If it weren't such a large corp, I would side with you! When I talk about how I would run my own small store I would say we need to be like how you are saying... My old ETL would overlook NCNS all the time for the 4AM shifts by just keying them in as a CI sick (if they were over two hours late... because face it, if you oversleep for that shift, it will be more than two hours)... but because of this, the TMs that actually NCNS can't be touched either! A cashier could NCNS 3 hours late but stay "but flow team doesn't have to show up"... And how strict you want to be about the policy is up to that store's leadership... Some might only do a coaching the first time, others make it final the first time! In all reality, it just means you can't NCNS again for 6 months (is it really that hard to not NCNS for 6 months?) And if you do you get put on final and then you have to make it a year... I feel like that is really lax actually

The truth of the matter is that anyone who is a TL or above (i.e. anyone who is a supervisor or manager) can't possibly be objective when commenting on this topic, but the reality is that everyone deserves to know the rules of Corrective Action so they know WHEN to expect they will get it. The origin of this topic is clearly that this tm was completely caught off guard on HOW or WHY they got corrective action. Therefore it leads to the obvious point that if it was openly explained and know what actions CAUSE CA's and which ones do not, blogs like this one wouldn't even be necessary because the rules and regulations of Corrective Action would be KNOWN!
For example, a cashier NEEDS to know how far off their drawer can be before Corrective Action will be given. So if their drawer is off by more than X number of $, they COULD be given CA or if their drawer is negative by more than X dollars more than X times per shift or week or month, it COULD result in CA. These things HAVE to be communicated! Another example would be, people who are late more than X times per week/month, COULD get corrective action. Or people missing more than X days per week/month/quarter COULD be given CA. These things MUST be known so the employee can KNOW that they have put themself in the position that could lead to CA. Another example would be about other types of numbers, like how many carts is a cart attendant allowed to push at one time or risk CA? How much weight is a Stock employee allowed to lift alone? This is makes it very clear WHY it's necessary to have WRITTEN rules on these things, because otherwise people are being given CA withOUT knowing they did something "wrong" We ALL have to miss work sometimes, and we have the RIGHT to know HOW MANY absences/tardies it takes to get a VERBAL or WRITTEN or FINAL!

The truth of the matter is that anyone who is a TL or above (i.e. anyone who is a supervisor or manager) can't possibly be objective when commenting on this topic, but the reality is that everyone deserves to know the rules of Corrective Action so they know WHEN to expect they will get it. The origin of this topic is clearly that this tm was completely caught off guard on HOW or WHY they got corrective action. Therefore it leads to the obvious point that if it was openly explained and know what actions CAUSE CA's and which ones do not, blogs like this one wouldn't even be necessary because the rules and regulations of Corrective Action would be KNOWN!
For example, a cashier NEEDS to know how far off their drawer can be before Corrective Action will be given. So if their drawer is off by more than X number of $, they COULD be given CA or if their drawer is negative by more than X dollars more than X times per shift or week or month, it COULD result in CA. These things HAVE to be communicated! Another example would be, people who are late more than X times per week/month, COULD get corrective action. Or people missing more than X days per week/month/quarter COULD be given CA. These things MUST be known so the employee can KNOW that they have put themself in the position that could lead to CA. Another example would be about other types of numbers, like how many carts is a cart attendant allowed to push at one time or risk CA? How much weight is a Stock employee allowed to lift alone? This is makes it very clear WHY it's necessary to have WRITTEN rules on these things, because otherwise people are being given CA withOUT knowing they did something "wrong" We ALL have to miss work sometimes, and we have the RIGHT to know HOW MANY absences/tardies it takes to get a VERBAL or WRITTEN or FINAL!

You have good intentions. The problem is, not everyone does. Some people would exploits the rules for their own benefit if given the chance. As such many policies are need to know only. Some things that you mention, like how many carts a cart attendant can push at one time are part of training for the position. Other things, like register cash count processes, really shouldn't be known to the cashier. The information is far too exploitable from a business perspective. Transparent policy is the ideal, but unfortunately only works in an environment where everyone "plays nice". Rules really should be enforced evenly across the board. If you feel they aren't, I suggest talking with your ETL-HR, STL, or the integrity hotline. Nothing may come of it, but those are the best options.

My whole point is that there was no reason to be caught off guard... If the store is handing out a CA to this person, they explain the how and why when they give it! I just don't understand where the NEED to know beforehand is coming from? I already said i was a TM for five years and started when I was 16... they tell you what a NCNS is from the beginning and that it shouldn't be done! If you are on CA for NCNS then you are on CA for conduct, which means you basically have to NCNS again in 6 months for it to go to final... That is not hard to get out of, and in 6 months it will all be off your record! This person wasn't termed or anything (they have to NCNS two more times for that to happen in most stores)... If it is about them not being able to promote, then i will say I don't think its too much to ask of a future TL to no longer NCNS...

And your examples I don't think are good to give out... The numbers you want Target to give out will just encourage everyone to max out their call ins and NCNSs within whatever time limits they decide (3 call-ins per month?) If everyone used up those the store would never be staffed! The last numbers you put are safety numbers designed to reduce risk of injury, not numbers about someone's attendance or performance!

Trust me, I understand! If it weren't such a large corp, I would side with you! When I talk about how I would run my own small store I would say we need to be like how you are saying... My old ETL would overlook NCNS all the time for the 4AM shifts by just keying them in as a CI sick (if they were over two hours late... because face it, if you oversleep for that shift, it will be more than two hours)... but because of this, the TMs that actually NCNS can't be touched either! A cashier could NCNS 3 hours late but stay "but flow team doesn't have to show up"... And how strict you want to be about the policy is up to that store's leadership... Some might only do a coaching the first time, others make it final the first time! In all reality, it just means you can't NCNS again for 6 months (is it really that hard to not NCNS for 6 months?) And if you do you get put on final and then you have to make it a year... I feel like that is really lax actually
Thank you Rock Lobster for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I'm not quite sure what you mean "if it weren't such a large corp, I would side with you"? It sounds like your old ETL was very generous, which is usually a good thing. But obviously people who are very frequently late and absent can't be overlooked, to be sure. It's a difficult situation because most people at Target (and in all corporations and businesses) are UNDERpaid, which means you shouldn't expect much for their services if you aren't going to reward them very well. That said, if they entered into the employment contract with Target to say they are going to attend work, then they should be there when mutually agreed upon scheduled.

What I mean is that there are lots of stores, with lots of different leaders and TONS of team members... If we were a small mom and pop store, I could understand overlooking attendance or related issues depending on the person! Target is just big and with that many people, we just have to apply the same rules to everyone within our store... If the rule is NCNS = CA, and that is what everyone has been going by, it has to be done! The question wasn't what i thought it should be (if it were up to me it would be a coaching BUT it should fall under attendance so lates and NCNS can stack)... Also the question of pay isn't really my concern, like you said they signed up for the job, and making it to your shifts on time, and calling in if you can't make it is expected (and TMs know this)...

I'm curious to know more about this also. I started out as a seasonal hire in November and had one NCNS in early December due to being very sick (cold/flu) and the meds literally knocked me flat until hours into my shift. I called and talked with our AP (who was LOD that day) and he was cool with it, but mentioned that someone may talk with me when I come in for my shift the next day. I came in and nothing was ever said or done. Since then, I've been given plenty of high remarks by ETLs, STL, GSA, and other TLs on how well I work and how hard I work, all with a great attitude. I'm just wondering if I'll be blindsided by something similar, even though it was a one time thing and it never happens to me (and certainly won't again after that).

I've always been on time and I've never been late or called out. I've picked up extra shifts and I've also stayed late if needed. Just wondering if my work ethic and attitude have kept this from escalating to a CA or not. I've spoken quite a bit with our ETL-HR on various things and she's very nice. Haven't heard a thing from anyone relating to that and they've since kept me on as a Sales Floor TM. Any insight into this is appreciated.

Under your 90 days, the NCNS rule doesn't matter... to them, one slip up could get you out of there! Sounds like to me your leadership was understanding and lax about it, so consider yourself lucky! I might sound like a jerk, and I am usually happy for anyone that gets by with a NCNS if its a good excuse (a fellow TL of mine had a NCNS as a TM, but called in 4 hours after the shift with a good excuse so the ETL keyed him as just CIS)... but like I said, from a business stand point, I am going to just go by the rules and not make those "judgement calls" because that leaves room for inconsistent behavior and complaints from the team about not being fair!

I would like to thank G421, and Rock Lobster, and other's who have made a sincere effort to dialogue rationally and reasonably, thank you =) The fact of the matter is that I've worked at Target and in retail and in corporate america and big businesses for over 20 years, and I've seen ALL of them treat MANY of their employees VERY BADLY! MOST of those places were NOT unionized, so the supervisors and managers would BRAG to each other how they made this person cry or that person BEG to keep their job! That is BY FAR the norm, which is DISGRACEFUL! It's appauling to me that SO many managers and supervisors ABUSE their power and that employees have NO WHERE to go! I've USED the employee relations line at many of those jobs and they did me NO good. I've also WORKED on the Employee Relations at some of those companies, which is why I'm so animated about this topic! The ER Hotline is nothing more than a place 4 employees to call to voice their "side" of the story to a phone operator who does nothing more than write down what they have to say. Then the employees OWN words they shared with the ER hotline are used AGAINST that employee to cause the employee even MORE stress and pressure in the workplace than they already had! Then I would have to take the follow up calls from the employees saying "I thought you were going to make my situation BETTER, NOT WORSE! One example-people who were interviewed were SO TERRIFIED that anything they said against the manager would cause THEM pain/problems or to lose THEIR job meant that NO ONE would come clean about the CONSTANT abuse that manager was inflicting on all of them, so the only "resolution" that was offered was for the employee filing the complaint could MOVE to another location, NOTHING was done to the manager abusing all of the employees!

I would like to thank G421, and Rock Lobster, and other's who have made a sincere effort to dialogue rationally and reasonably, thank you =) The fact of the matter is that I've worked at Target and in retail and in corporate america and big businesses for over 20 years, and I've seen ALL of them treat MANY of their employees VERY BADLY! MOST of those places were NOT unionized, so the supervisors and managers would BRAG to each other how they made this person cry or that person BEG to keep their job! That is BY FAR the norm, which is DISGRACEFUL! It's appauling to me that SO many managers and supervisors ABUSE their power and that employees have NO WHERE to go! I've USED the employee relations line at many of those jobs and they did me NO good. I've also WORKED on the Employee Relations at some of those companies, which is why I'm so animated about this topic! The ER Hotline is nothing more than a place 4 employees to call to voice their "side" of the story to a phone operator who does nothing more than write down what they have to say. Then the employees OWN words they shared with the ER hotline are used AGAINST that employee to cause the employee even MORE stress and pressure in the workplace than they already had! Then I would have to take the follow up calls from the employees saying "I thought you were going to make my situation BETTER, NOT WORSE! One example-people who were interviewed were SO TERRIFIED that anything they said against the manager would cause THEM pain/problems or to lose THEIR job meant that NO ONE would come clean about the CONSTANT abuse that manager was inflicting on all of them, so the only "resolution" that was offered was for the employee filing the complaint could MOVE to another location, NOTHING was done to the manager abusing all of the employees!

I can understand that viewpoint... to me it is important to be fair and consistent and my two BIGGEST focuses as a leader are team culture and development... I can't speak to how other store's within our company (or outside) run, but I have heard horror stories! Target will understand that to keep a union out of our company, they have to give the team a reason to vote no... Obviously all the stores haven't come to that point, and I hope the company can resolve its own issues well enough that it never has to come to that! i know my store is far from that because we focus on team morale so much! If anyone's store comes close to having a union, Target needs to look at the management team of that store and see why it is happening... I think Target (run according to best practices) is a great place to work, its the in consistency like I have discussed that causes problems

Rock Lobster - are you seeing my point though - which is of course there is a reason to be caught off guard. When employees aren't made aware of what leads to Corrective Action, then how can they be prepared for it? Meaning, if I have some legitimate, MAJOR emergency which causes me to arrive late or miss a shift, why should I AUTOMATICALLY know that I'm going to get a CA if I've not been given an LIST of the RULES or CAUSES of getting a CA? Meaning, people NEED to know HOW MANY tardies or minutes or absences CAUSE a CA so they can see to it that they don't do those things (unless SUPER important EMERGENCIES out of their CONTROL happen) Just because they EXPLAIN the CA...WHEN they are giving it to the employee, well that's NOT ENOUGH! the employee needs to know BEFORE they are given the CA the rules and regulations to what can LEAD to a CA so they KNOW how to avoid them and also so they can be emotionally prepared to be pulled into a stressful meeting!
Transparency is a MUST in life. In this example, for example, the TM was not given the CA for over a MONTH from when the event occurred! That is another thing that must be transparent, HOW LONG after an event MUST the CA be given? If I was tardy 2 months ago, I sure as heck don't want to be hauled into a stressful meeting interrogated about a tarde or missed punch etc from 2 months ago! So to be clear, the biggest reason for the transparency is that many managers and supervisors are EVIL, MEAN people who ENJOY harassing and discriminating and yelling at the people below them and threatening the jobs and making their lives a living heck. I've been in HR I've been in Employee Relations, and I've been on the RECEIVING side of the mistreatment from managers and supervisors, and what mgrs and sups LOVE to do is SURPRISE INTERROGATION meeting where they have TONS of stats and info PREplanned to use against you, you have NO warning NO prep time to ready your side of the discussion, you are simply BLINDSIDED and told you are an "awful employee"

I'm curious to know more about this also. I started out as a seasonal hire in November and had one NCNS in early December due to being very sick (cold/flu) and the meds literally knocked me flat until hours into my shift. I called and talked with our AP (who was LOD that day) and he was cool with it, but mentioned that someone may talk with me when I come in for my shift the next day. I came in and nothing was ever said or done. Since then, I've been given plenty of high remarks by ETLs, STL, GSA, and other TLs on how well I work and how hard I work, all with a great attitude. I'm just wondering if I'll be blindsided by something similar, even though it was a one time thing and it never happens to me (and certainly won't again after that).

I've always been on time and I've never been late or called out. I've picked up extra shifts and I've also stayed late if needed. Just wondering if my work ethic and attitude have kept this from escalating to a CA or not. I've spoken quite a bit with our ETL-HR on various things and she's very nice. Haven't heard a thing from anyone relating to that and they've since kept me on as a Sales Floor TM. Any insight into this is appreciated.

You must have lenient leadership at your store. It sounds like your store would normally give a coaching for the first NCNS, but perhaps your ETLs used their own judgement rather than being the machine that corporate seems to want them to be. ETLs with souls are always nice. :D

What happened to you happened to me at my other job once, and my boss was cool about it. Then again, it's a much smaller establishment than even a single Target store.

For example, a cashier NEEDS to know how far off their drawer can be before Corrective Action will be given.

Gotta disagree on this one. If a cashier knows "how far off their drawer can be before CA", that's giving them a green light as to how much can be skimmed before they get caught.
If they're consistantly "off", AP can review to determine whether it's gross error or theft. I told my cashiers that drawer counts were audited every day to instill a little fear in them to be accurate & precise. Those who didn't care were the ones termed for theft & they always though they wouldn't get caught. *shakes head*

Rock Lobster - are you seeing my point though - which is of course there is a reason to be caught off guard. When employees aren't made aware of what leads to Corrective Action, then how can they be prepared for it? Meaning, if I have some legitimate, MAJOR emergency which causes me to arrive late or miss a shift, why should I AUTOMATICALLY know that I'm going to get a CA if I've not been given an LIST of the RULES or CAUSES of getting a CA? Meaning, people NEED to know HOW MANY tardies or minutes or absences CAUSE a CA so they can see to it that they don't do those things (unless SUPER important EMERGENCIES out of their CONTROL happen) Just because they EXPLAIN the CA...WHEN they are giving it to the employee, well that's NOT ENOUGH! the employee needs to know BEFORE they are given the CA the rules and regulations to what can LEAD to a CA so they KNOW how to avoid them and also so they can be emotionally prepared to be pulled into a stressful meeting!
Transparency is a MUST in life. In this example, for example, the TM was not given the CA for over a MONTH from when the event occurred! That is another thing that must be transparent, HOW LONG after an event MUST the CA be given? If I was tardy 2 months ago, I sure as heck don't want to be hauled into a stressful meeting interrogated about a tarde or missed punch etc from 2 months ago! So to be clear, the biggest reason for the transparency is that many managers and supervisors are EVIL, MEAN people who ENJOY harassing and discriminating and yelling at the people below them and threatening the jobs and making their lives a living heck. I've been in HR I've been in Employee Relations, and I've been on the RECEIVING side of the mistreatment from managers and supervisors, and what mgrs and sups LOVE to do is SURPRISE INTERROGATION meeting where they have TONS of stats and info PREplanned to use against you, you have NO warning NO prep time to ready your side of the discussion, you are simply BLINDSIDED and told you are an "awful employee"

I will agree that for the CA to take place a full month after the incident is poorly executed and wrong (I don't know the official rules of how long it has to be, because everyone in my store is on top of things)...

Secondly, Target basically is on track with what you are saying! That is why MOST things lead to a coaching (not auto CA)... And a coaching is just a documentation that you have been talked to about your performance and were told a continuation of that particular behavior would eventually lead to CA... You can have coachings on file and still promote and transfer, its just that you have been talked to... So yes you can miss work if you call in or are late (within 2 hours) and it will usually lead to just a coaching (the warning you speak of beforehand)... The issue we are disagreeing on is that a NCNS isn't an attendance issue that is just coached, but a conduct issue that leads to a CA automatically? I can understand why Target does this to an extent... Obviously not calling in at all and just not showing up is worse than calling in sick or being late...

Gotta disagree on this one. If a cashier knows "how far off their drawer can be before CA", that's giving them a green light as to how much can be skimmed before they get caught.
If they're consistantly "off", AP can review to determine whether it's gross error or theft. I told my cashiers that drawer counts were audited every day to instill a little fear in them to be accurate & precise. Those who didn't care were the ones termed for theft & they always though they wouldn't get caught. *shakes head*

You make very good points there. THe ones that get caught are always the ones thinking it WONT happen.

Can one be put on CA for a NCNS and never notified? I accidentally had one a few months ago, and didn't find out until I went in for my shift the next day. All I got the next day was teasing from co-workers, but I was never pulled aside or sat down by a supervisor. I've never done it before, and I don't have attendance issues (I rarely call in, and don't ask for many days off)... but I'm worried that this will impact a potential promotion.

Back