I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

the PLU codes should be in order on the list you have at your register. But, they are universal so i would think you could just google PLU codes and you could come up with them.

If you're selling fruit, it should have a sticker right on it with the PLU. Though if it's bananas, ignore what's on the sticker. The PLU for bananas is 8011, not 4011.

Re: bananas - if you're at a pfresh, the code is 8011 - by the piece.
OP said he's at a super. If he has the scanner-with-scales, the code is 4011 because it goes by weight.
As MrKN said, tho, every piece should have the 4 digit PLU sticker which is faster than consulting a list.

Re: bananas - if you're at a pfresh, the code is 8011 - by the piece.
OP said he's at a super. If he has the scanner-with-scales, the code is 4011 because it goes by weight.

Oops, I forgot that it's different for P-Fresh and SuperT!

Hello and thank you very much for the replies and information. The credit check is a little bothersome as I even asked my TL and HR, (forgive me i'm not totally up to speed with all the acronyms yet), how to explain how they had to "check into" they're processing application when I was very strictly told to tell the customer there is no credit check. Everyone at my store really pushed that "tell them they're is no credit check" line, makes me feel pretty uncomfortable blatantly lying so I suppose i'll just point out the other pro's and leave that out. Thank you very much for clearing that up.

As for the PLU codes, I ran across PLUcodes.com but couldn't seem to find an actual list and was a bit worried they were not universal, so thank you for confirming that. I suppose i'll just get a copy from work and make a spreadsheet in alphabetical order. The ones we have at our register have very scattered headers and are broke down by vegetable group which takes an unreasonable amount of time to locate an item, for me personally. It's pretty common to have items show up without the plu stickers present so I just wanted to make backup plan to keep things rolling as quickly as possible.

Again, thank you very much for the welcome and the assistance!

Also...

celebrity-pictures-jack-nicholson-black-friday.jpg

It's not really a credit check so much as it's checking the history of that checking account. The company Target uses lets the register know if that specific checking account either doesn't have enough history or is too big of a risk. They aren't checking credit score, ratio of bad debt, etc. So it isn't a credit check...nor does it show up on their credit history as a credit check to affect their credit score.

It's just like how a personal check can be declined by Target even if they've never bounced a check with Target.

Oh! Now I understand, thank you for pointing that out! The more I understand about the realistic questions everyday normal folks may be inclined to ask, the better prepared i'll be to inform them and get them signed up.

Just saw that target is very surprised at how much money is being spent by people who have RedCards.
No kidding.

The amount of money being spent by RedCard users is something like 20% of sales. Hello! What did they think would happen when we began to push RedCards on all of our guests?

Too bad that this large amount of extra spending hasn't made a difference in our Black Thursday operating hours.

I wonder what the predicted market saturation percentage is in Target's view? I am genuinely curious about their data set and predicted Trends. Oh well.

I don't think that there is a particular number, so much as each store has a number to maintain so that the conversion rate stays green.
Kind of funny, our store needs 10 a day to stay green. The other day we got just 6 and our one GSTL was ready to have kittens because we weren't going to be green for the week if we don't get more cards.

We've been holding in the top 3 in our group the past few weeks. We're ULV, so while our actual number of redcards is on the lower end of the scale, we end up with huge conversion rates.

My store has been killing it lately with Red Cards. We broke a store record with 40 last Saturday! My all-time conversion rate is abysmal - not even red, but black - yet I even got two Red Cards the other day. But of course I start getting them right before I switch to overnight, go figure.

Wow! 40....that's great. A few weekends ago we got 35...but that's nothing compared to your number.

I'm just wondering, are stores being asked to get 10 Cards a day? or any particular number.

We have a Red Card goal every day based on what the expected $ales goal is for the day. It could be anywhere from 15 Red Cards to 30+.

For instance, if our sales goal for the day is $150,000, the goal would probably be 15. We usually just chop off the zeros.

Wow! 40....that's great. A few weekends ago we got 35...but that's nothing compared to your number.

Our STL was extremely happy about it and ordered food for the team on Sunday (when I was off, of course). I heard the DTL stopped in just to recognize the store too.

My store has the kind of ETLs that will say "our goal from the district is X Red Cards, but let's see if we can get, say, X+5." Normally, when it comes to Red Cards, we experience the same woes as other stores, but all of a sudden, guests actually want to open them lately.

I'm just wondering, are stores being asked to get 10 Cards a day? or any particular number.

A few days ago, my store had a personal goal of 25 and ended up getting 36.

I got 2 RedCards today, 6 last week and 4 the week before.
Should I be covered for a while? haha.

I wonder what the predicted market saturation percentage is in Target's view? I am genuinely curious about their data set and predicted Trends. Oh well.

I think the saturation is when sales for RedCards is 100% of all sales! Who needs guests with cash or other cards? If we can force them all to get RedCards, then corporate will be happy!

Oh, god, no. If we drop below 4.0 for the week people in the store start freaking out. Doubling to 8.0 and I'll run away screaming.

Honestly I'm speechless. Our store has difficulty making even the bare minimum 1.2% goal. Most weeks we average just under 1%. We are a AA+ super freaky in a very unique market so getting REDcards has proven challenging...

we're AA, we usually hover right below 2.

we had some business analysts visit us about REDCard/Giftcards, and they showed us some data on a store in missisippi that has like 10% conversion or higher lol.

Although we do have a REDCard penetration rate (or whatever its called) thats several times greater than the Corporate goal.. so that does take away a lot of opportunity for getting new apps!

Honestly I'm speechless. Our store has difficulty making even the bare minimum 1.2% goal. Most weeks we average just under 1%. We are a AA+ super freaky in a very unique market so getting REDcards has proven challenging...

I exaggerated a little. Our general store goal is 3.4 for the week. And we seem to hang around 20% penetration. We've been at 4 for over a month and hit 5 last week. We were at 5.2 as of huddle Friday morning, and had a good day the past couple of days...so 5 should be attainable for the week. For actual numbers, I think our store record for a week is 52. We're pretty low volume.

I can't tell up you what we do besides ask. Nearly every single cashier does ask. Our GSTL has had other GSTLs from other stores call and ask for our secrets. She just tells them that we do our job and ask. I think we only had one guy who never asked....and had maybe one Redcard in the past 5 months that I've been here. He quit yesterday, and luckily he didn't work much anyway.

Somehow we turned it around, because from what I hear, they were barely at 1 this past spring. So it is possible. I wasn't here for when we weren't doing as well, so I can't tell you what's changed.

Back