I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

I am a high performer when it comes to redcards. However in the last month when I've only gotten a few the GSAs and GSTLs are making me feel like I haven't done well at all. Like my past efforts were for nothing. The new STL wants at least one red card per shift and I just can't produce it now. I am tired of talking about the redcard. Don't get me wrong, I actually love other elements of the job but this one. I love my job in general. I know I am a good TM. But this is killing me and giving me serious anxiety attacks. I don't like it. And I hate the stress of the redcards. It feels nothing else that I do is as good as getting someone to sign up for a red card. I haven't been coached yet, but I have been pressured. And you know what? I've had enough

The new thing at my store, is when you come in for a cashier shift you have to check in with the GSTL, and set a red card goal. If you don't make your goal you have be talked to by the LOD. It's killed the moral of most of the cashiers. Our store is in the 'rich' part of town, pretty much all of the people who shop at our store either have a red card, or they're using a better card to earn airline miles and whatnot. The GSTL was going over the service report with me the other day and spent most of it talking down to me about how I only managed to get a single red card last week, despite the fact I got 18 great surveys.

I wonder what they would say if you had 18 complaints about being too pushy with redcards?
Seriously though, high five for all those positive surveys!

We have a cashier who gets complaints all the time about being too pushy about red cards. She also lies about the benefits. She gets red cards though, so none of the higher-ups will say a word to her about it.

We have a cashier who gets complaints all the time about being too pushy about red cards. She also lies about the benefits. She gets red cards though, so none of the higher-ups will say a word to her about it.
If a guest went to the media about being lied to about the benefits........
I understand that leaders are under pressure from corporate to achieve Red Card goals, but I'm pretty sure pissing guests off in the process is a bad plan, but what do I know?

Ahh ok. Noticed Apple pay requires expiration date, so that may be tricky.

Hopefully target gets Apple pay going soon, I just set it up on my iPhone 6 :)

A cashier in our store got fired for this. She would easily get 5+ RedCards a day, while other cashiers were lucky to get 1 or 2 a week. I guess either someone complained, or they decided to investigate, and she got fired. Unfortunately I don't know what exactly she was misinforming guests about, but based on the times I overheard her sales pitch (which she always said quietly so only the guest could hear) I think she was lying about there being a credit check for the Credit version and making it sound more like a membership card rather than a payment card.

Is anyone else's store cheating and offering guests an extra 10% if they sign up for a RedCard? My exec team really pushed us to do it until the word came down to stop. Could've told them that was going to happen.

If your store is, please stop artificially boosting numbers and making life harder for the rest of us.

And also, wasn't this a super-term offense not even a year ago?

We don't do it, but we do know of stores in our district who are offering unapproved discounts for signing up for a Redcard. Either they will be caught and someone will be fired (especially if they have already been caught and have been told to stop) or they will just jack up their own numbers making it even harder next year....especially if a new ETL-GE comes in and tries to do things by the book.

It possible to be green and not cheat.

What does it say about your company when they have to give away money (because that's what the extra 10% boils down to) to get people to sign up for a FREE debit/credit card?

Just to achieve some made up number.

Of course people are going to cheat!

And don't forget, most stores have their goals raised in a couple weeks.

20% off anyone? We got a goal to make here.

A neighbor store does this, it brings a ton of extra fraud into our store. Then again this store does a lot of things against best practice. You wan't to hold clearence for a week no problem. You wan't to price match walgreen's sure. This is cheaper at city target sure we can match that price. I would love to beat some sense in to this store.

It's not a bad idea though. I mean, it is to do it in store without it being an official perk. But Target should make it so that you get 10% off for applying and getting approved, and then 5% off every other time. Some of my guests scoff at the 5%, especially if they have frequent flyer miles and what not on their actual credit card. Also, no more of this check nonsense.

congratsimage.png
41Lqn8aSX-L.jpg

Back