I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

I'd pass lol.. . I really don't like our STL that much now don't get me wrong she's has her good and bad days but she's never really chipper compared to some ETls.

It's happened.

I was always glad we didn't do one of those "get an ETL to do an embarrassing thing" RC prizes. But. The new STL done it. She started up a raffle in which one RC = one ticket to put in a jar to decide which ETL gets put in a silly costume for the day. Hilariously enough, her name isn't on the list (if you're making ETLs do it put your ass on there too).

RIP whatever dignity my store had left

I must admit that I put so much pressure on my guests which allows me to achieve exceptional red card goals for myself.

I recently found out this cashier ( also works at cafe) were bugging her to get red cards at cafe. She couldn't handle it anymore:( according to this co-worker I was talking to she said she understood them asking about red cards at the register but when they started asking about them at the cafe she got annoyed (I kinda understand) asking for red cards at the cafe is getting a little crazy...

I recently found out this cashier ( also works at cafe) were bugging her to get red cards at cafe. She couldn't handle it anymore:( according to this co-worker I was talking to she said she understood them asking about red cards at the register but when they started asking about them at the cafe she got annoyed (I kinda understand) asking for red cards at the cafe is getting a little crazy...
Yeah it's crazy but I have seen it happen a few times before. I'm not a fan of it, but if the ETLs want to be delusional about it, they're gonna have a bad time.

Speaking of delusional ETLs, our GE printed an info sign on every register for the debit card. Not going to post a picture, but the key phrase is "you're not opening anything, just linking an existing debit card to target" which... No?? You are definitely opening something and getting a credit check. I confronted them and they said that the intent is that it's not like opening a new checking account or a credit card and that the sign is fine as-is because guests can ask questions. I think it smells like bullshit and I'm tempted to hotline them but I'm slightly hesitant to start a ruckus. Opinions?

I really wish they would come up with incentive for using both red card and cart wheel like an extra 100 points or a $5 off purchase of 20 or more if you use both it gets people to more likely sign up for both.

The cashiers now have signs posted on their register lights (the pole thingy part) that have a list of the top 5 who got redcards and how many they got

Yes good put that where guests can see it

The cashiers now have signs posted on their register lights (the pole thingy part) that have a list of the top 5 who got redcards and how many they got

Yes good put that where guests can see it

WTF! Any guest with half a brain is going to be insulted by that.

Speaking of delusional ETLs, our GE printed an info sign on every register for the debit card. Not going to post a picture, but the key phrase is "you're not opening anything, just linking an existing debit card to target" which... No?? You are definitely opening something and getting a credit check. I confronted them and they said that the intent is that it's not like opening a new checking account or a credit card and that the sign is fine as-is because guests can ask questions. I think it smells like bullshit and I'm tempted to hotline them but I'm slightly hesitant to start a ruckus. Opinions?
There isn't a credit check with the debit red card.

I freaking hate the red cards. I just had my third cashier shift on my schedule (eventhough i'm softlines but they asked me to fill in some cashier shifts) and i already got "the talk" because I haven't sold any. Bro this is why I didn't apply for cashier, I don't want to be stressed out from not reaching the daily quota of 45 red cards per day.

So our store has a weekly goal of either 90 or 100 redcard sign ups per week, according to one of my GSTLs. Naturally, as an Electronics TM, I'm being constantly questioned anytime I pass through the checklanes, hounded about redcards. Sometimes I'm even asked if I asked the guest after I call out the whole "guest has purchased -insert expensive item- paid for back in electronics." Over the walkie.

I've been told by said GSTL that it switched from 1 redcard for every 100 transactions (which means that since I only ring up between 5-10 guests per shift, I can be set for a couple weeks without a redcard) to once every shift. This kinda fucks me over, doesn't it? And by extent, anyone who goes for backup? Someone who rings up 6 guests in a shift is now compared to a cashier who rings up 2-3 hundred? How is that fair?

I really hope I'm misunderstanding this. My AAR is fine, but this sort of expectation is even less realistic than the 100 per week nonsense.

This is part of one of those clickbait lists probably ripped off from Reddit but George Takei posted it on Facebook.
I'm sure it'll make Spot happy to be in a list that includes waiters who want to fight customers who don't tip.

12/12. I had a cashier at Target ask if I wanted to sign up for their credit card, to which I declined. She then asked to see my ID, which made sense as I was buying beer. But then she used it to sign me up for a Target credit card anyway!

I was furious, because I don't see how that isn't identity theft, and told her I wanted to talk to the manager. She got really angry and defensive, started insulting me (including calling me a racial slur), and refused to call her manager. I got another cashier to do it and then the woman flat out lied to her manager about what had happened.

The manager assured me the woman would be fired and gave me a lot of gift cards to make up for it since I now had to go through the whole process of canceling a credit card.

I went back about a month later to use some of the gift card value, and I saw that awful woman still working there. I said something nasty to the manager, left, and sold the cards on craigslist.

'Your Staff Is Gonna Shank Me!' Stories Of WTF Customer Service Meltdowns.

So our store has a weekly goal of either 90 or 100 redcard sign ups per week, according to one of my GSTLs. Naturally, as an Electronics TM, I'm being constantly questioned anytime I pass through the checklanes, hounded about redcards. Sometimes I'm even asked if I asked the guest after I call out the whole "guest has purchased -insert expensive item- paid for back in electronics." Over the walkie.

I've been told by said GSTL that it switched from 1 redcard for every 100 transactions (which means that since I only ring up between 5-10 guests per shift, I can be set for a couple weeks without a redcard) to once every shift. This kinda fucks me over, doesn't it? And by extent, anyone who goes for backup? Someone who rings up 6 guests in a shift is now compared to a cashier who rings up 2-3 hundred? How is that fair?

I really hope I'm misunderstanding this. My AAR is fine, but this sort of expectation is even less realistic than the 100 per week nonsense.
man i tried telling my tl i only ring up like 5 people a day and some just come up w a damn bag of bagels to avoid the long lines

and shes like well people buy more expensive things up there its easier to get them!!! like no. no its not. you might be the electronics tl but youve never even worked an actual electronics shift so fuckin fite me. red cards arent even on the paper she prints out with our statistics :I

So I was told by my leaders that they will be sending secret shoppers through all the cashiers to see if they're asking every single person for red cards, anyone else's store do this?

So I was told by my leaders that they will be sending secret shoppers through all the cashiers to see if they're asking every single person for red cards, anyone else's store do this?

Ill never forget, in high school this happened and I asked the lady for a red card. She told me shes a secret shopper and gave me a 50 dollar gift card.

Back