1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

MEGATHREAD The REDCard Thread

Discussion in 'I'm Lost!' started by dutifulTM, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Anelmi

Anelmi Active Member

Well then...still don't sweat it. Just make sure you are asking most every guest. Alot of the time it is luck of the draw but your odds increase if you actually ask and do a small pitch of some sort.

2. defang

defang Self Checkout's Worst Nightmare

I feel like this is the appropriate time to make my usual disclosure:

YOU CANNOT BE FIRED OR HELD ACCOUNTABLE IN ANY WAY FOR NOT GETTING REDCARDS AS A CASHIER!!!

However, you can be fired for:
    -not asking every single solitary guest
    -not asking the way your store wants (ex. if they want you to mention it again after a guest says no or mention something else)
    -using fake information in order to get a guest to apply or knowingly using fake information to apply

As far as I go, as long as I see a team member trying their best, even if they don't ask the elderly woman buying bananas, I will not coach them.

3. WestLoggy

WestLoggy Active Member

After all the numerous times a specific cashier asked while grinning if I wanted a REDcard I finally went online and grabbed one. I suppose I should check to see how this cashier can be credited for that?

4. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service, Cashier, SCO, Photo

they can't the only way we can be credited is if we sign you up in store. in fact, if another store is closer to your house, your store didn't even get credit. lesson to everyone: if you like your team, sign up in your store.

HRZone and defang like this.
  5. WestLoggy

WestLoggy Active Member

*sigh* oh well. Lesson learned. I am fairly close to my store; I am within the 3-mile demographic so does that mean it will be credited in general?

6. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service, Cashier, SCO, Photo

it's just straight up closest store (i'm 98% sure, can someone confirm?). your store will get credit but no specific cashier (it will count toward store weekly/yearly goals)

7. WestLoggy

WestLoggy Active Member

Well, at least the credit will go to us. Thanks! Didn't know about the in-store only aspect which tells you how frequently I hit the registers

8. defang

defang Self Checkout's Worst Nightmare

Yes, closest store but it depends also on zip code. Not sure how they determine that though.

9. HRZone

HRZone Well-Known Member

There are only three stores in your city and one is really far west. So I figure your store got the credit

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  10. WestLoggy

WestLoggy Active Member

Makes sense.

11. SilentCrow

SilentCrow GSTL

Just make sure you're asking the guest. Your GSTLs/GSAs usually just want to make sure you're doing that. Also if you think you're under pressure to get RedCards, ask to borrow your GSTLs walkie and listen to the LOD harass them over and over about RCs lol . I'm a GSTL in a store that has a goal of 45 a day (we been red due to getting a bunch of SCO registers, so that goal is growing). It's annoying and we do feel for the cashiers. Our cashiers try their best and know how pressured their leaders are for RCs. To be honest, the product sucks and that's why it takes a hard push to sell them. Every GSTL we had that moved to a different work center are so relieved.

This is 100% true. I do the same also. If I see my cashiers trying and asking I let them know I see them trying and just keep it up. I'll just deal with the annoying LOD crying we need 30 RCs before the closures come in

12. StockerAce

StockerAce Active Member

I'm hoping you just mistyped that and you mean 45 a week....:eek:

HRZone likes this.
  13. SilentCrow

SilentCrow GSTL

Nope. 50 on weekends :p

Our goal is so ridiculous that (I won't say what specific place), but we were in the top 5 for Red Cards in the entire company last year and we still ended Red in lieu of green for the year lol, picture that!

Didn't get as much as requisitioned sodas for that accomplishment either go figure.

14. StockerAce

StockerAce Active Member

Wow...that's nuts. We have that goal per week and never hit it. And we are a SuperSpot (no idea if we are AA or whatever) that is quite busy. I only know that's our goal because it's written on the daily summary sheet that gets posted in the TSC. Working 0/n we never hear about red cards.

15. SilentCrow

SilentCrow GSTL

Well looks like I'm putting in a transfer to your store lol

StockerAce likes this.