I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

But yes, our cashiers certainly could stand to be a little more enthusiastic when guests use the card. I expect an orgasm with maximum climax every time a REDcard is swiped. Ooh yes, that feels good. Those savings are soo nice. Do you know we have the debit as well?

Might build sales in the pleasure aisle... :p

Oh yes if they had those frequent flyer miles you better believe people would be signing up left and right or coupons in the mail ( like Macy's does) Target needs to do a little bit more and I bet more people would sign up.

Targets newest pilot program:
It looks like the door to the family restroom, but once you open it with your double stroller and screaming kids, you find you are in a sally port. No one , even the granny tagging along for fun, gets to go to the bathroom till they ALL sign up for red cards.

No :( we only have the postcard sized info pamphlets we hand out when someone is unsure if they want to sign up. I don't understand why we don't have the mail ins, i never knew they even existed.
I'll try and remember when I go in tomorrow am to take a picture of the # so you can ask your GSTL to order some. We don't use them much but we keep them handy.

I'll try and remember when I go in tomorrow am to take a picture of the # so you can ask your GSTL to order some. We don't use them much but we keep them handy.
GS8363 but I haven't ordered them in quite some time. We have piles of them. We were told once that if we put our TM number on it, we would get credit for the mail in. I don't believe that and I don't want my TM number floating around. Your store does get credit for the mail ins and for the online apps determined by zip code.

GS8363 but I haven't ordered them in quite some time. We have piles of them. We were told once that if we put our TM number on it, we would get credit for the mail in. I don't believe that and I don't want my TM number floating around. Your store does get credit for the mail ins and for the online apps determined by zip code.
Yes I never heard of them and I agree about putting my TM# on there, however, I do get people who are going to sign up online and while it gives credit to the store it does nothing for me and I'm tired of being hounded by the LODs to get sign ups while the two cashiers that have been here for years get 1-3 a day. I'm assuming we don't have those mail in cards because our store doesn't want our TM#s floating around, they are desperate for sign ups, the STL is on everyones a$$ so if they wanted them they would be there I'm sure.

I actually contacted the surrounding schools and gave them stacks of them to give to their PTO members. It's a great fundraiser for the school (ok it may not be great at 1% but it's better than nothing) and it's surprising how many online or mail in Apps we get every week.

Do you have an information kiosk at the front door? There's a spot for the mail in applications and REDCard program rules.

My problem is that I ask every single guest and everyone either already has one or doesn't want one. That ones I get are usually people coming in the store with the notion that they will get a red card that day. A lot of people don't have checks either. I find that my personal goal is more about vibing rather than red cards

my store was mad desperate for them today, by 1 pm they were literally offering a free starbucks coffee, an extra paid 15 minute break, and a damn 25$ gift card to whoever got the first one 0_0

So our store's weekly goal went up an additional 30 REDcards from the number it was just a month ago. It's over 100 now, versus the just over 70 they originally had it to. There's no way for us to meet the new goal, but our STL says he doesn't want any "excuses."

Now I'm really missing our 2.5%. Hell, I'd even take 3.5%. We were always above that. We used to always be green. Now we never will be, and they'll just keep cracking the whip. Fucking depressing is what it is.

Also heard every week we miss goal, it just gets carried over into the new week. Looks like we're never going to be green. Yay!

Also heard every week we miss goal, it just gets carried over into the new week. Looks like we're never going to be green. Yay!

I am slightly partial to call bullshit on whoever at your store said that. There's no reason for it to affect the next week, only the monthly conversion

It's kinda weird. It doesn't increase or decrease your weekly goal, but it affects your YTD. For the first week, if your goal was 50 and you got 60, then you're plus 10 YTD; however, your goal for the second week is still 50. If your goal was 50 and you got 40, then you're minus 10 YTD, but your goal for the second week is still 50.

It's kinda weird. It doesn't increase or decrease your weekly goal, but it affects your YTD. For the first week, if your goal was 50 and you got 60, then you're plus 10 YTD; however, your goal for the second week is still 50. If your goal was 50 and you got 40, then you're minus 10 YTD, but your goal for the second week is still 50.

So what happens if you don't meet the YTD?

As a cashier who works nights/closing shifts, I'm often the only register open for the last hour. Between 8-10 pm, we may have 2 registers open. The lines get long...5+ guests waiting. Calls for backup are useless since there is no one available. I'm at my wits end as to how I'm supposed to sell red cards to guests who are already angry by the time they come up to me. I don't blame them at all. They don't want to hear a pitch and are huffing and puffing about the lack of help. Usually at that time of night, guests are only buying a couple of items and the transaction doesn't take more that 1 minute. How do I ask, tell benefits, explain how the card works to a constant flow of guests who have less than 5 items? Additionally, the entire line has heard me repeating myself and I look kind of silly at this point. Also, the guests have figured out that if they say they already have a Redcard, we leave them alone...BUT, they end up using something else at payment. Are we supposed to ask why they are not using their card for this transaction?

As a cashier who works nights/closing shifts, I'm often the only register open for the last hour. Between 8-10 pm, we may have 2 registers open. The lines get long...5+ guests waiting. Calls for backup are useless since there is no one available. I'm at my wits end as to how I'm supposed to sell red cards to guests who are already angry by the time they come up to me. I don't blame them at all. They don't want to hear a pitch and are huffing and puffing about the lack of help. Usually at that time of night, guests are only buying a couple of items and the transaction doesn't take more that 1 minute. How do I ask, tell benefits, explain how the card works to a constant flow of guests who have less than 5 items? Additionally, the entire line has heard me repeating myself and I look kind of silly at this point. Also, the guests have figured out that if they say they already have a Redcard, we leave them alone...BUT, they end up using something else at payment. Are we supposed to ask why they are not using their card for this transaction?

You need to just roll with the punches. Keep asking, keep putting forth your best effort to close a sale of the REDcard. If a guest complains, move on to the next. If they all complain, ad infinitum.

That's the problem, I've been rolling with the punches and got spoken to, yelled at and berated about my red card numbers.

That's the problem, I've been rolling with the punches and got spoken to, yelled at and berated about my red card numbers.

I've always wondered how well it would go over if you treated an ETL yelling at you the same way you would a guest.
"Please sir/ma'am if you don't lower your voice I can't help you."
Then if it continues.
"If you continue to yell I will have to ask you to leave the building."

I'm planning on making a somewhat large purchase ($500) and signing up for a debit red card at the same time. Can I use my TM discount right away?

I'm planning on making a somewhat large purchase ($500) and signing up for a debit red card at the same time. Can I use my TM discount right away?

You can use your TM discout but I don't think that's what you meant.
It's going to depend on the Redcard discount.
If you're accepted right away you'll be able to use it.
If there is the slightest glitch in your credit, no.
Unless your store is going out of their way to get redcards and offer the 5% anyway but they never seem to give that to TMs.

Bring cash just in case or be prepared to wait 5-7 days.
I've only seen a debit application put on old once, and my GSTL explained to them it was because they had a joint checking account, but it can happen.

No. There's a $200 limit on the temporary cards. After that the limit is based on your purchase history. So do the application first, get approved, put $199 on it and pay the rest in cash.

Back